Page 84 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1937

Thread: TyTool 9r18 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun
    I recall seeing somewhere how to send you a monetary thank-you but can't seem to locate that right now. Do you have a paypal account or some other method for me to send you some beer/pizza funds?
    The information shows up when you first run TyTool.

It also shows up when you look at the Menu->Help->Donations.

But people can feel free to donate at any time via paypal to my account at:

joshua@best.com

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    The information shows up when you first run TyTool.

It also shows up when you look at the Menu->Help->Donations.

But people can feel free to donate at any time via paypal to my account at:

joshua@best.com

--jdiner
    Doh! I feel like a tard now.
    That Help menu is all the way to the right (away from the other menus) and I missed it entirely. I alway came to this board for help.

Anyway, thank-you for all your work.

Maybe I should relocate that one. The tools I use for dev are a bit older but I know them so well it has never been worth upgrading. They all have and put the help menu to the very right where all good help menus used to be.

But it seems like everyone but me is missing it. So maybe it is time to reformat and just be done with it.

--jdiner
    Last edited by jdiner; 06-21-2005 at 12:25 AM.

Just checked my MSDN subscription and sure enough in the last update I got a set of disks with the MCE stuff in it. So at least I have it if I wind up needing it in the end.

--jdiner

best quality recording

Hi I have a few programs recorded at best quality and I would like to know how or if tytool can make a 720X480 mpg? I can only get it to produce a 480x480. I'm sorry if I'm missing something. I wass under the impression that best was 720x480, high 480x480, basic,352x480 am I wrong? thanks for the help/info

bitrate has nothing to do with screen resolution...Dude..Best quality has higher bitrates..

480x480 sounds like DirecTiVo.

The only way to change that is convince DirecTV to change it.

They sometimes uses something different on some locals, but eveything else (SD) is 480x480.

If you have a stand alone, TiVoWeb has settings to change bitrate/resolution IIRC.

You can reencode the video (I guess Nero does, since people were complaining about it), but that takes a lot of CPU time, DTV really messes with the MPEG and a lot of tools don't work properly with a DTV 480x480 stream. Lots of people just buy a compatable DVD player.

There was a time when picture quality was about resolution, but now that everything is compressed, bitrate (bits per second of video data) is much more important. Resolution (and refresh rate) determines a theoretical maximum on the bitrate, but no one ever goes close to that, nor is there any reason to do so. A dramatic increase in resolution (e.g., high definition) will give you a better picture, but only if there is a corresponding increase in bitrate. An increase in resolution without any more bits buys you nothing.

Not quite there on DVD creation with TyTool

I posted this as it's own thread, but was advised to move it here. Sorry for the double post

I'm using Tytoolv9R18 to extract shows from my S2 Dtivo w/ 4.01b. I've been able to extract the .ty files in TyStream mode and movie clips in Multiplex mode. I've followed the directons included in the zip and rewritten here:http://themurrays.homeip.net/downlo...s/tivo_dvd.html and I am able to (i think) successfully get all the way to the "Make IFO" step. I am able to view/watch the .vob file created during the Vob-Mux File(s) step. SO that gives me hope that I'm right up 'til there.

My problem occurs in the last TyTool step. I appear to create the menu properly and I've linked the title to the .vob file so that it says used. I get the successful pop-up. The Audio_TS and Video_TS folders are created. Inside the Video_TS folder I have 2 vobs. The smaller I can double click to veiw the menu with the episode name. When I click on the episode name in the menu, , the text changes color and it looks like the chapter should start but basically nothing more happens (or atleast appears to happen).

If I double click the larger file, VTS_01_1 ,the file opens but I'm treated to a black screen only. If I burn the DVD, I'm able to see the menu and title, but once I select it, nothing happens, like above.

I've tried this with cuts and w/o cuts.

I've got to believe I'm close. The reason I hacked my tivo was for onscreen caller-id, but that led to HMO and MRV (so-long 300 disc cd changer) and now I'd love to get those pesky large file sports events off the Tivo and stored to a DVD.

I've seached for an answer, but I can't seem to search the right set of keywords to describe my problem. Please help. If you know of a post that I've missed that answers my problem, please point me in the right direction, no need to recreate on my account.
    Last edited by JRGtivo; 06-24-2005 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by electrocit
    Hi I have a few programs recorded at best quality and I would like to know how or if tytool can make a 720X480 mpg? I can only get it to produce a 480x480. I'm sorry if I'm missing something. I wass under the impression that best was 720x480, high 480x480, basic,352x480 am I wrong? thanks for the help/info

If you have a stand alone tivo you can search the forums here for a hack that will change best into 720x480 resolution. Of course I've been watching 480x480 res video on my dvd player for quite a while now and its just fine.
    Malfunct

HDVR2 - 120hours - Extraction enabled
    SD-DVR40 - Unhacked (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by electrocit
    TyTool does NOT transcode the video, it uses the source resolution and just repackages it into something playable in many places.

The 480x480 is the standard DTivo resolution. Until quite recently everything on the DTV link was that res. In the recent past, apparently to make room for some of the HD streams, DTV has scaled certain channels back to 352x480. (Thanks to FredThompson for finding just such an evil stream.) For the SATivo last I looked basic was 352x480 and a very low bitrate, 1 hour stream was ~1gig. Best was 544x480 and roughly 2.5 gig for a 1 hour stream. Using Tivoweb it was possible to alter the resources to get things into the 704 or 720 res.

Given that it has been recorded already TyTool will prodcue an MPEG at 480x480 from a 480x480 source. If what you want is 720x480 from that smaller res source then there are a couple of things you can do.

1- You need to follow in the footsteps of several others on here. Get your SATivo reconfigured, which works because it has an encoder chip built in, and change the resources such that if records in the resolution you want. Then re-record, extract and process from there.

2- Using TyTool and some other transcoding engine reprocess the entire stream. The drawback to this is that it will lower the quality noticably, MPEG2 is a lossy compression scheme, and will take a long time. The better your hardware the faster it will go but it will still take some time. A few of the people that do this kind of thing have reported 2x, as the fastest they can do, to me. So a 1 hour show takes 2+ hours to transcode. Personally I see closer to 4x.

Now using the toolset included and built-into TyTool you can process things all the way to a DVD that will play in "most players". The results are non-standard in resolution but quite usable. If your player doesn't support the TyDVDs that TyTool makes then you either need a new player or to transcode as listed above.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by JRGtivo
    If I burn the DVD, I'm able to see the menu and title, but once I select it, nothing happens, like above.
    It is possible that it is your DVD player itself. Grab a copy of PowerDVD or WinDVD they can be had from almost anywhere really cheap, I got mine for $2 a piece at the local parts store, and try playing it with that before burning.

Beyond that we you haven't provided enough information to actually make it possible to help much further.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    try playing it with that before burning.

Beyond that we you haven't provided enough information to actually make it possible to help much further.

--jdiner
    I have tried playing before burning using several PC DVD viewing programs, including PowerDVD. I get the menu to appear and can select the episode/chapter but then I go nowhere.

What additional info can I provide? Im using XP (but I'm not ready to blame that yet ) I'm extracting the video wirelessly, though again, the extraction part seems to be working w/o problem. The .vob file that is created during the VOB-Mux step will play fine on the PC and the files appear to be created properly in the IFO step. I can play the menu .vob file on the PC, just not the VTS_01_1 .vob. I've tried burning with Nero NVE2 and CopytoDVD, with both, the the menu appears fine, but not the chapter content, just like it appears on the PC.

Since I don't see anyone else with this problem, I recognize that its probably user error. I've tried it 7 or 8 times with the exact same result. I don't think it's a burning problem, b/c the problem appears pre-burn.

I have tried playing before burning using several PC DVD viewing programs, including PowerDVD. I get the menu to appear and can select the episode/chapter but then I go nowhere.

What additional info can I provide? Im using XP (but I'm not ready to blame that yet ) I'm extracting the video wirelessly, though again, the extraction part seems to be working w/o problem. The .vob file that is created during the VOB-Mux step will play fine on the PC and the files appear to be created properly in the IFO step. I can play the menu .vob file on the PC, just not the VTS_01_1 .vob. I've tried burning with Nero NVE2 and CopytoDVD, with both, the the menu appears fine, but not the chapter content, just like it appears on the PC.

Since I don't see anyone else with this problem, I recognize that its probably user error. I've tried it 7 or 8 times with the exact same result. I don't think it's a burning problem, b/c the problem appears pre-burn.
    I'm a total noob at creating DVDs with TyTool, though the one I made did work. So, FWIW, did you try both methods of muxing the VOBs (Orig Recipe and New Fangled Flavor; sorry don't recall the exact menu entries)?

Can you view the .TY files with TyShow? That will rule TyTool out as the problem if you can't.

tk