Page 85 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1937

Thread: TyTool 9r18 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output...

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragn
    Can you view the .TY files with TyShow? That will rule TyTool out as the problem if you can't.

tk
    Don't know. I'll check when I get home. Did you mean "can" or "can't" I would think that if i CAN, the TyTool would be ruled out as the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by JRGtivo
    Don't know. I'll check when I get home. Did you mean "can" or "can't" I would think that if i CAN, the TyTool would be ruled out as the problem.
    If you cannot view the .TY files with TyShow that means that none of the processing TyTool does to the .TY file is to blame, the .TY is corrupt somehow and therefore you can't expect TyTool to take a corrupt .TY file and create a noncorrupt DVD from it. It does not rule out any corruption that could be introduced with tserver though, so it gets a little muddy there.

If you can view the .TY files with TyShow that means that TyTool is corrupting them somehow. I would work in slow increments then, can you mux it to MPG? Can you mux it to MPG with cuts? Etc.

good luck,
    tk

Got it. Thanks for that advice.

Thanks for the clarification

Thanks for all the info. if 480x 480 is what best is then every thing is fine. Again thaks for the clarification on what best quality setting produces.

Quote Originally Posted by electrocit
    Thanks for all the info. if 480x 480 is what best is then every thing is fine. Again thaks for the clarification on what best quality setting produces.
    Still haven't stated hardware in use. SA TiVos can be adjusted to record at 4(or 5) different resolutions.

ew

35 Sorry.. Could not obtain the list.

Hi. I am trying to get TyTool running on a SD-DVR80 running 6.2 . I get the following message when I hit the refresh button:

Trancode Selected Mode: 0
    Ready...
    Reading list from the server...
    Clear Now Showing List...
    Connecting to '192.168.0.5'
    Connected...
    Getting NowShowing data...
    Sorry.. Could not obtain the list.

Does this run on 6.2?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Jedd

I'm running 6.2 and getting this error with tytools

bash-2.02# /var/hack/tserver -s /var/hack/NowShowing.tcl
    Doing the Lowest PriorityFix...
    Waiting for an incoming connection!
    SERVER: We got a message! buf = 'SHOWING'
    invalid attribute: TimeZone
    while executing
    "dbobj $setup get TimeZone"
    ("uplevel" body line 5)
    invoked from within
    "uplevel $body"
    invoked from within
    "transaction {uplevel $body}"
    (procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
    invoked from within
    "RetryTransaction {
    set setup [db $db open /Setup]

# set defrecquality [dbobj $setup get RecordQuality]
    set setuptz [dbobj $setup ..."
    (procedure "init_db" line 45)
    invoked from within
    "init_db"
    (file "/var/hack/NowShowing.tcl" line 480)
    Waiting for an incoming connection!

Quote Originally Posted by jjacke
    Hi. I am trying to get TyTool running on a SD-DVR80 running 6.2 . I get the following message when I hit the refresh button:

Trancode Selected Mode: 0
    Ready...
    Reading list from the server...
    Clear Now Showing List...
    Connecting to '192.168.0.5'
    Connected...
    Getting NowShowing data...
    Sorry.. Could not obtain the list.

Does this run on 6.2?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Jedd
    Doesn't say anywhere where you're starting the server. Are you? If so, what is the output in the from the server?

ew

Quote Originally Posted by anthony415
    I'm running 6.2 and getting this error with tytools
    Be sure you've read and followed the instructions in section 3h) of this thread.

35 Out-of-sync Extractions

I just can't get an extraction with synced audio and video.

I'm running this latest version of Tytools on a Sony S1 SA TiVo, computer is XP Home. I have not changed any of TiVo's default recording settings. I am only trying to extract shows to watch on my computer, so I don't need any DVD burning/authoring software.

When I extract a show and play the resulting mpeg in Windows Media Player 10, the audio is always out of sync. I've tried extracting in Tystream mode and then MUXing afterward and I've tried using Multiplex mode only, each with Patch Audio Holes selected and without.

I would ask if this is an issue with the playback software, but everything I've read so far indicates that Tytools shouldn't produce an out-of-sync mpeg in the first place. So what am I missing? Is it a setting in TiVo's bitrates needed for the recordings? A setting in Tytools? Inappropriate playback software or codec? (I just want to be able to watch my shows on the computer, so I'd prefer not to spend money for some DVD software I don't really need. This tiny laptop doesn't even have an optical drive!)

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Imposter

Quote Originally Posted by Imposter
    I just can't get an extraction with synced audio and video.

I'm running this latest version of Tytools on a Sony S1 SA TiVo, computer is XP Home. I have not changed any of TiVo's default recording settings. I am only trying to extract shows to watch on my computer, so I don't need any DVD burning/authoring software.

When I extract a show and play the resulting mpeg in Windows Media Player 10, the audio is always out of sync. I've tried extracting in Tystream mode and then MUXing afterward and I've tried using Multiplex mode only, each with Patch Audio Holes selected and without.

I would ask if this is an issue with the playback software, but everything I've read so far indicates that Tytools shouldn't produce an out-of-sync mpeg in the first place. So what am I missing? Is it a setting in TiVo's bitrates needed for the recordings? A setting in Tytools? Inappropriate playback software or codec? (I just want to be able to watch my shows on the computer, so I'd prefer not to spend money for some DVD software I don't really need. This tiny laptop doesn't even have an optical drive!)

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Imposter
    Yes, it is an issue that has been discussed at length with the playback software--more specifically with the codec that WMP10 uses. Get a new codec or use something that was designed to play mpeg properly (like PowerDVD or WinDVD).

ew

Bitrate vs Resolution

Quote Originally Posted by darrin75
    bitrate has nothing to do with screen resolution...Dude..Best quality has higher bitrates..
    This statement is generally misleading and in this specific case, untrue.

In this specific case, at least for a Series I SA TiVo, lower quality means lower resolution. The raw streams coming off my TiVo are 352 x 480 if recorded at basic quality and 480 x 480 if recorded at best quality.

The size (bandwidth) of a bitstream is based directly on three things: the amount of information in the source, the number of discernable patterns in the digitized data, and the amount of information allowed to be discarded by the compression routine. The amount of information in the source is directly proportional to the resolution. In a totally random source, doubling the resolution will precisely double the compressed bit stream if all other parameters are the same. Where your statement gains some validity is in the fact the source information usually *IS* patterned, so that increasing the source resolution may not inrease the compressed bitstream proportionally. This being the case, it is often true a higher bit rate can be employed to reduce the amount of data loss more than being required to increase resolution. Put more simply, a modest increase in bit rate can result in a very significant increase in quality.
    Having trouble with TyTool? Try TyTool Documentation
    Need to hack an S3 / THD? Try S3 Hacking Script

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie
    Be sure you've read and followed the instructions in section 3h) of this thread.
    Where can I get the tserver that doesn't require NowShowing.tcl

All your answers are here.
    HayreAss

(a) The link you were given earlier (that told you about the tserver that didn't require NowShowing.tcl) had that link already.
    (b) In a seperate thread, you asked how to disable encryption in 6.2.

I'd suggest reading the threads that collect the 6.2 information before you ask more simple questions.