Page 48 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 9r18 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output...

Quote Originally Posted by dancewithmice
    Can someone post some HDVT Tivo sample extracted video files - I need some motivation to go get one.
    No. A 30 clip would several times the largest attachment size here on the forum. That is why you can't find any. I don't have the upload bandwidth to host something like that.

You're on your own to get one.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by hepsnark
    (-jdiner, I am really anal about some things: the documentation included in the tytools9r18 could use some editing. Would you allow me to redline changes to the .doc's for readability? Then pass the redlined files back to you for incorporation? I DO NOT WANT YOU TO FEEL INSULTED. We all have our Monkisms and this is mine. besides it would be a way to contribute to the community within my own skills.)
    What you mean my release notes? No. I have no interest in going back over the release notes to clean them up at this time.

--jdiner

nero software

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    What you mean my release notes? No. I have no interest in going back over the release notes to clean them up at this time.

--jdiner
    No problem. had to ask.

Nero 6.6 wont let me specify ISO/UDF. I will write them about this.

Meanwhile: I also own Nero express and nero 5.0. I used them to burn cd's, but was not aware that they would handle DVD. I will check your postings. I know you have mentioned the version that works for you.
    TiVo Phillips HDR 212 Series 1 SA / v3.0 / 120 hr basic / Turbonet / Linksys / Athlon / XP
    TiVo to DVD: Hack bitrate to 720x480 resolution/ tytools (transcode #5) / nero 5.3

UDF is at the bottom of the scrollable list of DVD types which the Nero wizard will show you. My Apex hates that type and won't play them as DVD, it plays them as data with the Apex file browser. Bleech!!

Burn as a regular data disc and see what happens. It should also work ok.

DVD-Video is regular ISO data but with file integrity checks. Those checks will fail because DTiVo is not DVD-format MPEG2. You can turn them off but why take the risk that Nero might alter something else?

UDF is just a way to have files larger than 2G. However, you won't have anything larger than 1G for DVD playback.
    Last edited by FredThompson; 02-24-2005 at 06:30 PM.
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

Quote Originally Posted by lrhorer
    At some point in the process, yes. I discovered that Roxio's Creator 6 will automatically transcode when needed, but I haven't been able to do a thorough set of tests to determine which is more effective or efficient - TyTool or Creator - at doing the transcode. Preliminarily, it doesn't seem to save any time on the Creator burn to have TyTool do the transcoding, so for the time being I'm letting Creator do it. I hope to be able to conduct some real tests, but resources are limited.
    Whenever possible, do all that sort of thing with TyTool, not your burning app. With TyTool, you know what is being done to the source. The burning apps don't explicitly explain what they are doing. I'm not sure what type of algorithm Josh uses. The most commong among A/V hobbyists is BeSweet, a highly accurate routine. Accurate, but slow...
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

Quote Originally Posted by hepsnark
    No problem. had to ask.

Nero 6.6 wont let me specify ISO/UDF. I will write them about this.

Meanwhile: I also own Nero express and nero 5.0. I used them to burn cd's, but was not aware that they would handle DVD. I will check your postings. I know you have mentioned the version that works for you.
    For me to get that feature I had to specifically pick the ISO/UDF tab. At the very bottom on mine in the wizard. Then when the burn dialog opens there were multiple tabs. One of these tabs is where that option was. YMMV.

--jdiner

Transcoding

Quote Originally Posted by FredThompson
    Whenever possible, do all that sort of thing with TyTool, not your burning app.
    The thing is, I suspect Creator may be transcoding no matter what. I do not by any means know this as a fact, but there are two things which make me believe it might be the case:

1. Whether the audio is coded as a DVD standard or not, it takes Creator essentially the same amount of time to create the output. It generally is able to convert about 35fps on my machine whether I use TyTool's transcoder or not.

2. I've looked at the TyTool output and the tesultant burn with several different tools, and while they all show TyTool's output to be what TyTool says it will be (48 @ 160, 48 @ 192, etc.), they all show the burned DVD to be something different. What's bothersome is they don't all show it to be the same, and they show the audio stream rate to be huge: over a meg per second.

Quote Originally Posted by FredThompson
    UDF is just a way to have files larger than 2G. However, you won't have anything larger than 1G for DVD playback.
    What apex do you have? I have 3 in my testbed and all require UDF to play properly.

AS for UDF the key is compatibility. My own research has shown a marked increased when using UDF in that format. I.e. more players understand that format than any other.

Much of my evidence is anecdotal from my test bed. 7 DVD players and climbing. But still true nonetheless.

--jdiner

Thanks for this great tool
    Last edited by TivoBlues; 02-24-2005 at 08:31 PM.
    Sony T-60 - 3.1.0
    Philips DSR7000 - 6.2

Quote Originally Posted by lrhorer
    1. Whether the audio is coded as a DVD standard or not, it takes Creator essentially the same amount of time to create the output. It generally is able to convert about 35fps on my machine whether I use TyTool's transcoder or not.
    Then it is doing something wrong or doing something else that you think is transcoding. When TyTool does what it does the output is without question DVD correct audio. You can use any tool you like to demux it and see for yourself what is in the elementary stream. It is correct.

2. I've looked at the TyTool output and the tesultant burn with several different tools, and while they all show TyTool's output to be what TyTool says it will be (48 @ 160, 48 @ 192, etc.), they all show the burned DVD to be something different. What's bothersome is they don't all show it to be the same, and they show the audio stream rate to be huge: over a meg per second.
    Woah. I do believe creator is decompressing the Layer II audio into the raw PCM data that was necessary for DVDs way way way back when. That is all I can see that would cause a data rate like that for audio.

My suggestion? Get different burning software. I have found versions of nero online for sale for a pittance compared with the pain and suffering of having it re-encode, in whatever fashion, a stream just so it can burn it.

--jdiner

A freeware way to burn DVDs is to run DVD Shrink on your TyTools fileset to create an ISO file. The ISO is then easily burned with DVD Decrypter.

I suppose it could be a PIA to use Shrink to make the ISO, but I found out recently that I had to run a TyTool fileset thru it anyway, given that the fileset exceeded the DVD-R's capacity of 4.7Gb. Thankfully TyTool didn't care that it was making a set >4.7Gb, tho IIRC there was a warning somewhere about it.
    Philips Standalone v3.01 w/2-80G drives and Tivonet.

I'm having some type of problem. I got it all set up...I thought.
    My tserver is connecting....here it is :

Telneting to the TIVO...
    Connecting to '192.168.0.xxx'
    Connected...
    We got 'tivo:/var/tmp$ ' which is the prompt!
    tivo:/var/tmp$ /var/hack/tserver /var/hack/NowShowing.tcl
    tserver_mfs [options]
    Version: 1.2-20041117
    options:
    -n No Priority Change (Stay at higher priority...)
    -s <path> tivosh script to use instead of the default )"./NowShowing.tcl")
    -h help
    Released under the Gnu GPL v2
    Original mfs_* package by tridge at samba.org, January 2001
    Modifications by:
    adh, jamie, jbuehl, jdiner, jonbig, mbm, musclenerd, ppchacker
    and possibly others...
    A support thread is in the forums at dealdatabase.org
    tivo:/var/tmp$
    tivo:/var/tmp$

And when I click on the Refresh button I get this :
    Trancode Selected Mode: 0
    Ready...
    Reading list from the server...
    Clear Now Showing List...
    Connecting to '192.168.0.xxx'
    ERROR: Failed to Connect!

Can you see what might be wrong here ?
    Thanks
    Last edited by TivoBlues; 02-26-2005 at 12:43 AM.
    Sony T-60 - 3.1.0
    Philips DSR7000 - 6.2

/var/hack/tserver /var/hack/NowShowing.tcl

isn't right It should be

/var/hack/tserver -s /var/hack/NowShowing.tcl

]Monty[
    2 Series 2 SA
    1 Series 2 DT SA

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    Woah. I do believe creator is decompressing the Layer II audio into the raw PCM data that was necessary for DVDs way way way back when. That is all I can see that would cause a data rate like that for audio.
    Thats probably because the NTSC standard for DVD doesn't allow mpeg layer II audio. I agree with your final suggestion of getting new burning software but something to try is the audio transcoding option that converts mpeg layer II audio into dolby digital. The burning software should be plenty happy with the dolby digital audio.
    Malfunct

HDVR2 - 120hours - Extraction enabled
    SD-DVR40 - Unhacked (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by laserfan
    Thankfully TyTool didn't care that it was making a set >4.7Gb, tho IIRC there was a warning somewhere about it.
    When you are selecting files it gives a warning there. It doesn't impact the ability to do so just warns. I often shrink filesets that are <= 102.9% more than that and I just pull the last file out of the list. (I want better quality more than fitting that one more little bit onto the disk.)

--jdiner