Thread: will series 1 direct tivo still work with directv

will series 1 direct tivo still work with directv

i have been out of the tivo/directv game for a while because i moved and couldnt have directv where i was living. now i'm back somewhere where i can and i want to sign back up and get tivo but i've been away from the scene for a while.

i'm just wondering if i bought an older series 1 directivo like the hughes GXCEBOT or the philips HDR212 here:
    https://www.s2gstore.com/index.cfm?c...on=&homepage=0

if it would still work with directv. (i dont know if they're upgraded certain things and the series 1 will no longer work or if they wont activate these anymore)

i'm mainly interested in the series one cause i dont have to sign an agreement and its easier to modify to get off the video (unless that has changed too) than a series 2.

any help/suggestions? thanks!

The link you posted seems to refer to stand-alone tivos, but at any rate, series1 directivos do indeed still work with DirecTV. Many people here including myself are still using series 1. My unit is a Sony SAT-T60.

With the state of current hacks, I personally can see no advantage to a series 1.

Consider the network adapter. With a series 2, you can use inexpensive USB adapters. With series 1, you'll need to buy the special network adapter.

Also, its not unheard of to buy a DTivo from best buy for $50-60. If you're going to be a new customer, you may even be able to find some better deals (ie rebates).

If you are not a returning DTV customer then you will not be able to start a new sub with used equipment. DTV has a new policy that requires new subscribers to start their DTV account with only new receivers and/or DTivos. Once you have established an account you are free to sub any old receiver or DTivo you want. If you previously had a DTV account then they will most likely allow you to reactivate any receivers that had previously been active on your account.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!