Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cachecard network burst mode

Quote Originally Posted by chachi
    Jafa told me there was little interest in uptake or incorporation by otheres so he binned any further efforts.
    Pisses me off--I bought a cachecard on the promise of the burst mode!

Phlbbt to jafa!
    Philips Standalone v3.01 w/2-80G drives and Tivonet.

well I mean it works just fine as it is and there was a buildin for mfs extraction to generate the burst cmds so not much more for Jafa to do really if no one else wanted to do any further development ...

Quote Originally Posted by chachi
    well I mean it works just fine as it is and there was a buildin for mfs extraction to generate the burst cmds so not much more for Jafa to do really if no one else wanted to do any further development ...
    hrm, lesse

basic cachecard burstmode extraction source was posted ages ago & has allready been incorporated into tridge's open source vplay utils (that Jamie has adopted/updated/optomized)

tytool/tystudio/mfs_ftp/tyserver/<whatever> would handle ty/tmf normally once they're on the pc

writing a pc side app to pull ty/tmf from tivo->pc is a few hours work tops ( guess how I know )

9th tee is making $$$ off cachecards so it would be reasonable to expect them to provide a basic extraction util - could be as simple as a tivoweb module that sends a burstmode java client to the pc before each transfer
    Last edited by rc3105; 04-04-2006 at 08:27 PM.

Im officially showing interest.

request for sourcecode

Well, I don't know why Jafa never responded to me when I asked very politely on his forum to get the source code.

What the heck was the point of ceating the feature if he didn't at least release a protocol description?

rc3105, can you point me to the source code you're talking about? I'v searched and not found it. I must be searching the wrong terms.

huntercr

Quote Originally Posted by rc3105 View Post
    hrm, lesse

basic cachecard burstmode extraction source was posted ages ago & has allready been incorporated into tridge's open source vplay utils (that Jamie has adopted/updated/optomized)

tytool/tystudio/mfs_ftp/tyserver/<whatever> would handle ty/tmf normally once they're on the pc

writing a pc side app to pull ty/tmf from tivo->pc is a few hours work tops ( guess how I know )

9th tee is making $$$ off cachecards so it would be reasonable to expect them to provide a basic extraction util - could be as simple as a tivoweb module that sends a burstmode java client to the pc before each transfer

Quote Originally Posted by rc3105 View Post
    OK I have the source code for this, but it still only provides the way to get the appropriate burst command line. It doens't define the actual burst protocol as far as I can tell anywhere in the source code.

You still have to use the burst.exe program that he wrote on the client side, which is not a good solution ( especially since I am not even using a windows machine )

Am I looking at this wrong here? The only thing mfs_* tools seems to be able to give you is the sectors for the FSIDs. We have to feed that to the burst daemon somehow, and there seem to be no instructions on how to do that.

please be patient with me. I know I must be thinking about this the wrong way somehow.

crh

Quote Originally Posted by huntercr View Post
    OK I have the source code for this, but it still only provides the way to get the appropriate burst command line. It doens't define the actual burst protocol as far as I can tell anywhere in the source code.
    Right. The burst protocol and driver interface was never documented.