Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Software v7.1 for S2's

Software v7.1 for S2's

I see tivo are rolling out software version 7.1 with TivoToGo

Information on the priority download list on the tivocommunity forum

Cheers
    David

I signed up for priority list around 3 hours ago. I hope I get the software soon...

It would/will be nice to have but not at the cost of all of my current hacks.
    I am correct that a software upgrade will wipe out my Sleepered setup right?

--CroW
    2TiVo Brand Series 2 80 Hour Units.
    1 Upgraded to 302 Hours.
    1 Upgraded to 310 Hours.

Quote Originally Posted by rc3105
    lets see if we can get the production release into developers hands
    "Production Release" ?

Would this infer that you have a non-production release in your hands already?

So, it seems that for series 2 machines, we'll be seeing:

SAS2 => 7.1
    DTivo S2 => 6.1

I wonder if the only difference between these 2 versions will "essentially" be TivoToGo functionality, or if there will be an ever greater divergence.
    Last edited by JohnSorTivo; 01-03-2005 at 02:39 PM.
    1 HR10-250, upgraded to 570 SD hours, hacked, 6.3b.
    1 HDVR2, upgraded to 206 hours, hacked, 6.2.
    1 HDVR2, upgraded to 168 hours, hacked, 6.2.
    tyExtract - Automated batch extraction utility
    YacMon - YAC Server log monitor for new call(s) notification via email/text message

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSorTivo
    "Production Release" ?

So, it seems that for series 2 machines, we'll be seeing:

SAS2 => 7.1
    DTivo S2 => 6.1

I wonder if the only difference between these 2 versions will "essentially" be TivoToGo functionality, or if there will be an ever greater divergence.
    I think 6.1 is still missing the other parts of HMO- Music & Photos, MRV, Online Scheduling. Right? Just add this to the list of things DTivo's can't do.
    (errr.. technically can do, but not without hacking... )
    Last edited by singe606; 01-03-2005 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by singe606
    I think 6.1 is still missing the other parts of HMO- Music & Photos, MRV, Online Scheduling. Right? Just add this to the list of things DTivo's can't do.
    (errr.. technically can do, but not without hacking... )
    Not so sure about that. Others have reported that on their R10 machines that it appears some "derivative" of HMO is included in 6.1, just not enabled yet.
    YacMon - YAC Server log monitor for new call(s) notification via email/text message

Not so sure about that. Others have reported that on their R10 machines that it appears some "derivative" of HMO is included in 6.1, just not enabled yet.
    Yeah, I'd like to be proven wrong... DTV doesn't seem especially concerned with enabling any enhanced features so far. I just don't have much hope for this happening any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by singe606
    Yeah, I'd like to be proven wrong... DTV doesn't seem especially concerned with enabling any enhanced features so far. I just don't have much hope for this happening any time soon.
    Maybe it won't be that unlikely to see 7.1 on DTV RID units, since we are now able to run 4.x as of a few weeks ago

Would the 7.1 be just a software update or could it include a new kernel as well? I wonder if this new version would have usb2 enabled out of the box. Or maybe LBA48?

Quote Originally Posted by rcork
    Would the 7.1 be just a software update or could it include a new kernel as well? I wonder if this new version would have usb2 enabled out of the box. Or maybe LBA48?
    From what I've read, both 6.1 and 7.1 will have updated kernels with lba48 support. 6.1 users have already confirmed this, since it has already been released on 2.5 units. We'll have to wait and see, to confirm on 7.1, as it seems nobody has "officially" received it, in order to confirm.

Though, assuming 7.1 is a derivative of 5.x, which uses an lba48 kernel, one would assume 7.1 would have lba48 support as well.
    Last edited by JohnSorTivo; 01-03-2005 at 06:43 PM.

"Production Release" ?

i'm sure - tivotogo has been in beta test for at least two months, and no, i'm not a beta tester.

ronny

Quote Originally Posted by zen_monk
    Maybe it won't be that unlikely to see 7.1 on DTV RID units, since we are now able to run 4.x as of a few weeks ago
    Since when?? I gave my friends one for Xmas (unfortunately - would I have known all this I would have gotten them a Series 2) and they're box still says "3.1xxxxx" - and they've had it hooked up since Xmas....

Quote Originally Posted by maiknyc@earthli
    Since when?? I gave my friends one for Xmas (unfortunately - would I have known all this I would have gotten them a Series 2) and they're box still says "3.1xxxxx" - and they've had it hooked up since Xmas....
    Uhhhh.... 11-17-2004

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=39356
    Last edited by m4mmut; 01-23-2005 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by m4mmut
    So why are they not getting it? I forced connections at least 2-3 times a day in the beginning until I a) found out that HMO for their model isn't available anyway and b) that they would receive software updates via satelite anyway and that the phoneline on DirecTV Tivos is just for PPV, etc.

So how come they are still on software version 3 after having the box hooked up for like a month?

Exclamation

ow my brain hurts