Thread: where are the asx files

where are the asx files

I have a directivo and have hacked it with sleeper. I can ftp to it, but where can i find the recorded files so i can extract them to my pc? Some other threads talk about myhtpc and they get their files from the asx folder. i apologize for this being such a dumb question, i am confused between seris one non-directivo and series 2 directivo's.

MFS-FTP for video extraction
    Greubin

Quote Originally Posted by Greubin
    MFS-FTP for video extraction
    How is MFS-FTP used to extract video. I'm using tytools and vserver to connect to the tivo. Is tytools and vserver talking via MFS-FTP?

Quote Originally Posted by lightiv
    How is MFS-FTP used to extract video. I'm using tytools and vserver to connect to the tivo. Is tytools and vserver talking via MFS-FTP?
    Rather than asking and waiting for an answer, why not read one of the mfs_ftp threads?

Quote Originally Posted by fixn278
    Rather than asking and waiting for an answer, why not read one of the mfs_ftp threads?
    Boy I love these responses. Only at DD. I've done so much reading here I groan just thinking about it. Everywhere else on the Internet I've been it seems ok to answer question for new folks and old for that matter. I'm not looking for a desertation on the subject just a quick maybe 3 - 5 sentences that all.

Boy I love these responses. Only at DD. I've done so much reading here I groan just thinking about it. Everywhere else on the Internet I've been it seems ok to answer question for new folks and old for that matter. I'm not looking for a desertation on the subject just a quick maybe 3 - 5 sentences that all.
    Why retype the same 3-5 sentences for every person that asks, when there are perfectly good stickys for just that reason. Nobody owes you an answer. The only thing you are entitled to is the information contained in the posts that members spend hours upon hours writing. Maybe we should tell them not to bother anymore since you feel every person deserves their own personal explaination and their time is wasted.

Read the posts or accept the fact that you should use your Tivo as it comes out of the box.

Here's the sticky the creator of mfs_ftp started...

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=21915

Conveniently enough, it was the very first sticky in the Extraction forum.

If you don't do Riley the courtesy of reading it as well as the faq's linked, then you don't deserve to use it.

Why retype the same 3-5 sentences for every person that asks, when there are perfectly good stickys for just that reason. Nobody owes you an answer.

I am reminded everyday that in this world not to expect much of anything.

Maybe we should tell them not to bother anymore since you feel every person deserves their own personal explaination and their time is wasted.
    I appreciate all the effort going into this forum it just that so much of it many of us don't understand enough to keep from asking question. I'm sure over time it will be clearer to me.

I'm just glad we don't educate our children this way.

Read the posts or accept the fact that you should use your Tivo as it comes out of the box.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link, I've read through it before.

I'm just glad we don't educate our children this way.
    Not a realistic comparison.

DDB!=Board of Education

The Board of Ed is obligated to educate our children as they are regulated and paid for by our taxes. Which tax to you think subsidizes Dealdatabase?

If you don't learn how to hack your Tivo, I suspect it won't keep you from getting a good job.

If you don't learn how to hack your Tivo, I suspect it won't keep you from getting a good job.
    Although, not learning analytical thinking and problem solving skills might.

Has been here 5 days and has asked at least 20 questions already.
    Looks like very little reading just lotsa gimme.
    And he has composed his own guide to 4.0.1b on a RID Tivo.

Note my sig.
    No i didnt really follow his guide.
    Hughes HDVR2 Sleepered 120 hrs! Not sure how it works it just does.
    RCADVR40 hacked using lightiv guide, It works, sorta.

Talking tivo_dtv2_os4hackrid

http://www.weethet.nl/english/tivo_dtv2_os4hackrid.php

Before downloading a lot of files and buying the images needed, I have to ask > has anyone actually performed this on a DirecTV R-10 and gotten HMO, etc to work ?

I've been reading for days but failed to find any information about this working, maybe I just missed it, dumb newby I am.......

Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat
    http://www.weethet.nl/english/tivo_dtv2_os4hackrid.php

Before downloading a lot of files and buying the images needed, I have to ask > has anyone actually performed this on a DirecTV R-10 and gotten HMO, etc to work ?

I've been reading for days but failed to find any information about this working, maybe I just missed it, dumb newby I am.......
    You can't hack an R-10 without physically modifying the prom.

Thank You

Thank you for your reply, I had seen a number of comments as to the nature of these, but no one ever confirmed I needed to burn a prom to get where I wanted to go.

Time to save some pennies and buy a real Tivo and give Dave his R-10 back, glad I never asked for the rebate and extended my zero (read that as 0) obligation)