Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season Passes not recording...

Season Passes not recording...

Over the passed few days I started to noticed that I season passes hadn't been recording. I thought maybe that the show were repeats or something. But when I just checked my tivo said the following reason.

"This program was not recorded because someone in your household modified the Season Pass or auto-recording WishList that originally requested it."

Which I know for a fact no one has touched a thing. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by badgerbalm
    Over the passed few days I started to noticed that I season passes hadn't been recording. I thought maybe that the show were repeats or something. But when I just checked my tivo said the following reason.

"This program was not recorded because someone in your household modified the Season Pass or auto-recording WishList that originally requested it."

Which I know for a fact no one has touched a thing. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
    I have had this same problem. The season pass recordings are getting removed from the to-do list because of a corrupt program guide index. I am not sure the exact cause, but I think it may be related to unavailability of space in /var which causes a problem when the unit attempts the periodic re-indexing of the guide data. Re-booting seems to fix the problem as the /var partition gets rebuilt. It may take a few hours after the reboot for the reindexing to occur and the reinclusion of the season pass items in the to-do list.

I have a similar problem also. Rebooting seems to help. Also, it mainly seems to affect local channels. I had posted a similar thread a while back and someone mentioned that setting up a season pass via Tivowebplus may be the culprit.

EDIT: I have a HDVR2 with 4.0 (sleepered)
    Last edited by johns22; 01-06-2005 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johns22
    EDIT: I have a HDVR2 with 4.0 (sleepered)
    I have a similar problem with my 4.0 software box, but not on the 4.01b box.

I check my "recording history for all future" once a week.
    One S2, TCD24004A - 4.0.1b - 120gb; one HDVR2 4.0 - 2x120gb
    Sleeper'd; Monte'd, Bash, Telnet, TivowebPlus, MFS_FTP, TyTool, MRV, HMO with NoScramble.
    One HDVR2 4.0.1b - 200gb (173 hours)
    KillHDinitrd; Monte'd, Bash, Telnet, TivowebPlus, MFS_FTP, TyTool, MRV, HMO with NoScramble; USB 2.0

I had this in my rc.sysinit.author file

cd /usr/mfs_ftp
    /usr/mfs_ftp/mfs_ftp.tcl &

Commented out and rebooted works fine now

#cd /usr/mfs_ftp
    #/usr/mfs_ftp/mfs_ftp.tcl &

If I want to run mfs_ftp I manually execute it.

Well after trying a few different things, it actually came down to the fact that my Direct Tivo had not connected up to what I think is "home office." It was getting the guide data from Direct TV but it was not making an outbound connection through my ethernet adapter. There was something blocking it on my firewall.

Quote Originally Posted by badgerbalm
    Well after trying a few different things, it actually came down to the fact that my Direct Tivo had not connected up to what I think is "home office." It was getting the guide data from Direct TV but it was not making an outbound connection through my ethernet adapter. There was something blocking it on my firewall.
    If you have a directivo, and ethernet working on it, your tivo is hacked, and should not be allowed to contact DirecTv, or TiVo for that matter.
    If you are using the ethernet connection to connect, it's not contacting DirecTv anyhow.
    At most you are talking to TiVo over the net.
    Most of us make sure we have the connections blocked, so the machine can't talk to Tivo.
    Something else caused it to work for you, like a reboot, and a rebuild of the guide index.

I noticed some of my season passes weren't recording because the channel have been shuffled/added/removed. When I use Tivo web plus to go to User Interface->click on the yellow double checks, the top of the page should show the show title and channel in parenthesis. The channel are usually missing for the broken season pass.

Question for those with problems.

Question for those with problems:
    What software version are you running?

Have you run the Guide Patch Fix?
    One S2, TCD24004A - 4.0.1b - 120gb; one HDVR2 4.0 - 2x120gb
    Sleeper'd; Monte'd, Bash, Telnet, TivowebPlus, MFS_FTP, TyTool, MRV, HMO with NoScramble.
    One HDVR2 4.0.1b - 200gb (173 hours)
    KillHDinitrd; Monte'd, Bash, Telnet, TivowebPlus, MFS_FTP, TyTool, MRV, HMO with NoScramble; USB 2.0

Yeah, I have the same problem on a HDVR2 and DSR7000 that both are running 4.0. I have ran the guide patch fix a while ago that got rid of the erroneous guide data message. Both of them are sleepered and using the first Superpatch that was released. Also, both of them are using Jamies USB2 drivers, TivoWebPlus, and vserver. I really hate missing the Laker games because of this problem. :-(

Rca Dvr40

4.01b upgraded from 3.1.1c DTIVO. Has been working fine since I upgraded 2 months ago. Last night noticed a few programs didn't record and noticed the "will not record" on all season passes upcoming listings as well as the other error that someone in my household changed the options (which is not true).

I rebooted last night and it fixed the problem by this morning. Any way to stop this in the future? I use mfs_ftp however have tivowebplus installed, but don't use.

Thx

My HR10-250 did this last Wednesday, reboot fixed it (was @ 31 days uptime). killhdinitrd'ed 3.1.5, TWP, mfs_ftp, vserver, tserver. Then the ethernet adapter went crazy last night and I had to reboot again...

I'm having this problem now too. HDVR2 was just upgraded from 4.0.1b to 6.2 yesterday with emule dl'd slices. Locals stopped working and I called Dtv to fix. All season passes were entered manually, and seem to work except for local channels. When I search for shows to record by title, the local channel shows are not in the list. I can find them in the program guide and hit record w/ season pass, but they do not record. Reboot doesn't seem to fix. Anyone else running into this on 6.2 or know a fix?

Try a clear program data & to do list.
    Then wait several hours or a day, and try to create the SP's again.

Worked for me.
    HayreAss

Thanks very much for the info. Just a quick update. I did a clear data & to-do and it temporarily cleaned up the problem. After several hours, season passes worked again. Checked back again this morning and the problem resurfaced. I'll keep playing around and see if I can figure it out. I'll post anything I find. The only thing I did with the unit between the time SPs worked and failed again (*just locals) was transfer 2 movies with tytool. I know a lot less than I should about these tools, but I assume the 2 are unrelated events (maybe not?).

Running HDVR2 with 6.2, tivoftpd, fakecall, HMO, and run tserver only when transferring shows after which I immediately stop it.

If anyone finds anything before I do, I will repay your smartness with tender kisses.