Thread: 2 hdvr2's with 4.0.1b w/superpatch and 1 standalone tivo140

2 hdvr2's with 4.0.1b w/superpatch and 1 standalone tivo140

2 hdvr2 4.0.1b 1 standalone 4.0.1b 1 hdtivo trying to hack

ok how can i put this i have one hdvr2 tivo not subbed 1 standalone subbed and another hdvr2 subbed I am trying to get the hmo superpatch to be able to transfer recordings. I am able to have 2 hdvr2's with hmo and be able to transfer recordings between the 2 correct

the hdvr2 are hacked by sleepers as well as the stand alone is also hacked hmo and sleepers and i have added the hmo superpatch and both hdvr2 and standalone are on the network. On the standalone it says in Now Playing (Programs cannot be transfered from 19B8 on cahrmm tivoDVR because the 19B8 DVR does not yet recognize the cahrmm tivo DVR. It tells me to go to tivo.com to change multi viewing.

The main question is can i have 1 subbed hdvr2 tivo with superpatch, and then 1 hdvr2 not subbed with the superpatch and be able to transfer recordings between the two.

also i can not ad the set_mvr_name.tcl it gives me acces denied i have tried i dont know how many times.

also on the
    cd /path/to/superpatch says no file in directory but the superpatch came up fine i just can not name my 2nd dvr or the 3rd

Yes, you can have one subbed and one unsubbed DirecTiVo, both running 4.x, and both with the Superpach 4 All, and transfer recordings between them.

At what point are you having problems with set_mrv_name.tcl - copying it or running it?

AFIK, you will be unable to set a name for the subbed SA TiVo, or rather , TiVo will overwrite it.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

naming tivo/hdvr2's not able to MRV

hey thanks for answering

I can not name my hdvr2's is what the problem is i can put the commands in it just kicks out permisson denied

also right now it is saying on both hdvr2's

Programs cannot be transferd from the 19b8 DVR onto the 30D8 DVR because the 30D8 DVR is not enabled for transfers.

It says this when i go into Now Playing and both hdvr2's are able to talk to each other but i can not transfer recordings

cahrmm

Quote Originally Posted by cahrmm
    I can not name my hdvr2's is what the problem is i can put the commands in it just kicks out permisson denied
    cahrmm
    Make sure that the execute permission bit is set on the set_mrv_name.tcl script. Example, "chmod +x set_mrv_name.tcl"

Matt

responding with commands attached

this is what i did

first transferd superpatch and MRV files by means of serial cable by zmodem

mount -o remount,rw /

cd /path/to/superpatch this gave me no file found

chmod 755 superpatch-4all-NutKase-0.7.0.tcl

./superpatch-4all_NutKase-0.7.0.tcl runs great this point

./set_mrv_name_ADH.tcl cahrmm this is what gave me permission denied

mount -o remount,ro /

reboot this would not reboot the tivo

thanks cahrm

I looks like you forgot to do a "chmod 755 set_mrv_name_ADH.tcl" before you tried to run the set_mrv_name_ADH.tcl script. Were you using HUGE's guide?...he left out that line in the instructions (http://nh-gym.com/4xrid.htm).

--skylark_pilot

Quote Originally Posted by PlainBill
    AFIK, you will be unable to set a name for the subbed SA TiVo, or rather , TiVo will overwrite it.
    Setting the mrv name with set_mrv_name_ADH.tcl works fine and TiVo doesn't overwrite it. Works like a charm on my 2 subbed SA's.

BREAK

cahrmm:

1. chmod should take care of it.
    2. /path/to only refers to 'where' youplaced the files. It should be replaced by /hack/test or /my/hacks or /stuff or whatever the path to your directory is.
    3. You can check file permissions with:

ls -l

NutKase
    "God, and DealDataBase, help those that help themselves." --Shamelessly stolen from psxboy
    ------------------------------------------------
    2 each, SA S2 287hr 7.2.1a's with Lifetime.
    Hacks: 1 Manually Monte'd -140, Bash,Telnet,FTP,TivoWebPlus,
    Superpatch-67all Unscrambled/HMO,MFS_FTP Ver. N,TyTools, tivoserver
    Fully hacked SA S1

sorry confused

this is what i did

first transferd superpatch and MRV files by means of serial cable by zmodem

mount -o remount,rw /

cd /path/to/superpatch this gave me no file found

chmod 755 superpatch-4all-NutKase-0.7.0.tcl

./superpatch-4all_NutKase-0.7.0.tcl runs great this point

./set_mrv_name_ADH.tcl cahrmm this is what gave me permission denied

mount -o remount,ro /

ok where do i put this command at "chmod +x set_mrv_name.tcl"

i am using the HUGE guide. man i wish i just could understand this very frustrating

cd /path/to/superpatch

can you NutKase put these commands in the right order and explain what u have done.

figured it out

thanks everybody who helped me out but i still want to be able to hack my hdvr2 manually instead of sleepers because i can not extract or anything like that also i am trying to hack the hdvr2 with ironmans guide to no avail. any way not for this thread but thanks everyone

cahrmm