simple questions Rid verison etc
I have a phillips dsr7000
1. What is RID or simply is my a RID unit?
2. What confuses me the most is when people say kernel. Are they talking about software version on the tivo, or the linux part that is in the tivo
That's about it. Thanks
Last edited by wrecks; 01-30-2005 at 02:57 AM.
1. No, you don't have an RID unit. RID= Receiver Identification #
3. It is a copy of the software. Directly related to #2. If you made a backup of your system, you'd have an image of 3.1.1e
4. I don't think so, do a search though
5. The most fundamental part of an operating system. The kernel stays resident in memory at all times, hidden from the user, and manages system memory, the file system, and disk operations
Thanks for the replies hayreass.
Originally Posted by hayreass