Thread: Audio, but no video on live TV

Audio, but no video on live TV

I usually have such good luck with this stuff...

I've got a dying hard drive (sleeper'd a year ago) and am in the process of replacing it with a killhdinitrd'd 4.0.1b setup on a DSR704. Everything went well. I thought. Booted fine, cleared everything, rebooted. Telnet'd in, applied the patches, rebooted.

When watching Live TV, there's nothing to watch - just a blank screen, but the audio is there. Even locals showed up. Any ideas of what to look for? I've got another hard drive cooking at the moment and will see if I get the same result. I'm such an optimist I was shocked to be unable to find posts where someone had seen this before...

Check your video cables, especially if you're using the S-video output on the Tivo. I'm notorious for dislodging the S-video cables on my preamp/processor and losing the video everytime I stick my hands behind the box.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

All Tivo Menus and the channel bar display fine. I should have specified that more clearly.

Already covered ad nauseum here.

Redundant thread closed.