Thread: Backup Question

Backup Question

This may sound redundant but here goes. Now that I have hacked my hdr112 with cachecard, 9r18, etc., is there any reason I can't back everything up on a 5gb hd for an image or do I need to back it up on an equal size hd. I don't have any recorded programs I want to save, everything is already on my pc.

thanks,

smb56

Quote Originally Posted by smb56
    This may sound redundant but here goes. Now that I have hacked my hdr112 with cachecard, 9r18, etc., is there any reason I can't back everything up on a 5gb hd for an image or do I need to back it up on an equal size hd. I don't have any recorded programs I want to save, everything is already on my pc.

thanks,

smb56
    You should definitely spend some time reading about mfstools. The Hinsdale guide might be a start. With mfstools you can create a very small image and save it to a hard drive. You don't need another drive at all.

The most prudent way to have proceeded, however, would have been to make such a backup immediately, before applying any hacks, then, buy another drive all together, put the original on the shelf, and restore the backup image to the new drive. Then hack away.

You are already on thin ice (IMHO) if you hacked your original drive without knowing about or using mfstools. Good luck.