Thread: Tivo Functions Missing

Tivo Functions Missing

I have a t-60 and a dsr7000 I have just subbed. They were already hacked. The tivo functions are not working but I am paying for it. If I remember, I think the directv rep said I need to call back when I have the phone lines connected. Do I need to do this one time to start the tivo functions ? If I do plug the phone line in, will it update the software already installed and will they see what hacks are on them ? It's been a while since I hacked these units so I forget exactly what's on them and what terms to use but they both have the fix that doesn't require the phone to be hooked up. I have both of these units set up like I want them so I really don't want to start all over again. What do I need to do ?
    Thanks
    Last edited by TivoBlues; 02-20-2005 at 12:23 PM.
    Sony T-60 - 3.1.0
    Philips DSR7000 - 6.2

Quote Originally Posted by TivoBlues
    It's been a while since I hacked these units so I forget exactly what's on them and what terms to use but they both have the fix that doesn't require the phone to be hooked up. I have both of these units set up like I want them so I really don't want to start all over again. What do I need to do ?
    If you don't remember what's on them, how are WE supposed to know?

Either retrace and list your steps, or re-hack the units. We can't help you.

Moved to Newbie.

So you need to know what is on them to tell me if I have to connect the phone to them. I'm thinking they haven't sent the tivo tier down the stream because I told them I didn't have the phone line connected yet.

I used Sleepers series 2 on the philips and xupgrade 3.1 on the t-60.
    The dsr7000 is networked to my puter so I can transfer files and extract video. Is there anything else I can tell you, so you can help me ?
    Thanks
    Last edited by TivoBlues; 02-20-2005 at 12:45 PM.
    Sony T-60 - 3.1.0
    Philips DSR7000 - 6.2

So you need to know what is on them to tell me if I have to connect the phone to them. I'm thinking they haven't sent the tivo tier down the stream because I told them I didn't have the phone line connected yet.

I used Sleepers series 2 on the philips and xupgrade 3.1 on the t-60.
    The dsr7000 is networked to my puter so I can transfer files and extract video. Is there anything else I can tell you, so you can help me ?
    Thanks
    Well, the error messages would be nice. I find it incredible that you can tell DirecTV details such as "The phone line isn't hooked up", but won't tell us what the error messages are.

I suppose I should be honored that you believe we can solve these problems by wizadry, but the truth of the matter is some good solid information is a lot more help. No, it isn't just you - you're only about the fourth this morning.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

The rep asked if I had the phone line hooked up and I said no not yet.

I really don't have a jack close enough but I will temporarily run a line to them if I need to. Both units say that the last call was successful but in the info it says dvr service inactive, account closed. My guess is that since I didn't have a phone line hooked up and she told me to call back when I did, that she didn't send the tivo tier. So my question is this do I call them back and hook the phone line up or do I call them back and just tell them it's hooked up. I'm not trying to steal anything I just need to get what I'm paying for without ruining the software that's already on these units.
    Last edited by TivoBlues; 02-20-2005 at 01:53 PM.
    Sony T-60 - 3.1.0
    Philips DSR7000 - 6.2

The rep asked if I had the phone line hooked up and I said no not yet. I really don't have a jack close enough but I will temporarily run a line to them if I need to. Both units say that the last call was successful but in the info it says dvr service inactive, account closed.
    What did you do differently when you first hacked the units?

The rep asked if I had the phone line hooked up and I said no not yet. I really don't have a jack close enough but I will temporarily run a line to them if I need to. Both units say that the last call was successful but in the info it says dvr service inactive, account closed.
    And that indicates the rep did not properly enter the information for your systems, or did not include the TiVo tier in the setup. It has nothing to do with the phone line, and everything to do with a low quality rep.

PlainBill

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

Quote Originally Posted by alldeadhomiez
    What did you do differently when you first hacked the units?
    Nothing they have been sitting for a long time and they worked great before.
    Sony T-60 - 3.1.0
    Philips DSR7000 - 6.2

So what should I do ?
    Sony T-60 - 3.1.0
    Philips DSR7000 - 6.2

So what should I do ?
    Let's see if I understand the situation: You hacked and used your DirecTiVos for some time without problems. Then you set them aside for some time (moved, went on a long vacatation, served in Iraq, or otherwise did not use them). Now you are reactivating your subscription, and they receive programming, but the TiVo functions (record) don't work.

Call up DirecTV and complain - loudly. The CSR screwed up!!

PlainBill

Yes basically, receive programing, other than the t-60 not receiving the locals like it should be. But I'll figure that out after I give it a few days to see if they come in.
    Sony T-60 - 3.1.0
    Philips DSR7000 - 6.2

What happens if you tell her the phone line is plugged in, but it really isn't? Did you try that? Or maybe (if she insists) you just plug it in. I don't know about the xblahblah that you used, but most DTiVo hacking techniques include the upgradesoftware=false so that the software won't get updated even if the mothership sends down an upgrade.

ew

I got it all worked out, it was missing the tivo tier. I'm pretty sure I have the updatesoftware fix on here so if need be I would/will hook it up. How do I check to see if that is on these units ?

Thanks for all your help!!
    Sony T-60 - 3.1.0
    Philips DSR7000 - 6.2