Thread: TY file only plays partial movie

35 TY file only plays partial movie

I am running a hacked S2 RID DTivo. I am having no problems extracting .ty files using MFS_FTP. When I play a local .ty file ripped from Tivo it only shows the first 36 minutes of the show. The file size is 2GB so that obviously is erroneous. I can successfully stream the same show using the associated .asx file with no problems and it plays the entire 2 hours 36 minutes of the show. I am using TyShow with WM10. Any ideas? I am stumped.

Thanks,

d

dwarden2,

I am having the same problem.

The problem is with mfs_ftp, if you download the file from the TMF directory it will work...

If you search their is a fix. I am just going to stick with the TMF files.

But I have a lot of TY files that I had not tested. And am looking to see if their is a fix for the current TY files that I have..

BenRaines

Quote Originally Posted by dwarden2
    I am running a hacked S2 RID DTivo. I am having no problems extracting .ty files using MFS_FTP. When I play a local .ty file ripped from Tivo it only shows the first 36 minutes of the show. The file size is 2GB so that obviously is erroneous. I can successfully stream the same show using the associated .asx file with no problems and it plays the entire 2 hours 36 minutes of the show. I am using TyShow with WM10. Any ideas? I am stumped.

Thanks,

d

I am not sure if it is the same issue but I have run into this a few times. I always dl from the .tmf folder, as suggested, but still run into issues here and there. I have found this to be a result of a bad transfer of the file to my PC. I have found if the tivo unit fires up a recording during dl'ing the .tmf or if there is a resource saturation at the tivo, I get corrupted, short-length files, even though they register at full size. Try transferring again but ensure the tivo is not busy doing other tasks. I have also noticed that the transfer rate drops even when I am accessing the tivo with a remote so I like to tread lightly when transferring. Kind of the sleeping babies syndrome. Best of luck.