Thread: 4.0.1b D* DVR Music & Pictures Problem

4.0.1b D* DVR Music & Pictures Problem

I have just installed 4.0.1b on one of my DirecTV DVRs (HDVR2)

SupperPatch-4all is installed.

I installed TiVo Desktop on my PC and the MP3 playback & Pictures worked great for a day.
    Now, 2 days later, I can still browse the shared folders, and view pictures, but when I select an MP3 file it never plays. I can FF and RW but when I select PLAY it just sets there, never advances, no sound ever plays.

Has any one seen this before?

gNOME

Tivo Desktop installation requires a Media Access Key. What did you type in for this? When I go into System Information, it says my Media Access ID is Unknown.

The media access key is for downloading .tivo files only. MP3s and pictures have nothing to do with this. If you are running a hacked Dtivo like you say you are you are likely running the no scramble and mfs_ftp stuff and/or tserver.

That being said I have noticed somewhat flaky performance with HMO features...but more along the lines of it not seeing the PC running the Tivo Server stuff right away. Sometimes I have to go in and back out 2-3 times before it sees the PC. After that it worked fine.

Of course you have a non RID unit so you may have slightly different issues than me. Are you running the USB 2.0 backport drivers? What type of NIC/Network do you have? (I couldnt get WIFI -> WAP -> WIRED ETHERNET to work reliably with my tivo env though it connects fine to all my other PCs. - might be an MTU problem soemwhere).
    DSR-708/80GB/4.0.1b
    DSR-704/80GB/6.2

try this

I had this same problem a while ago. IT turns out the 4.01b software image was bad .It did not have the background images when using menu items, which in turn cause the .mp3 software to stay active, which in turn caused you not to be able to listen to .mp3 files (since it cannot do 2 things at once). Try pausing any video or live TV you are watching before going into the .mp3 player and see if that helps. If so, then you have a bad 4.01b. Also, if you are not getting background images in your menus, this is another clue you have a bad 4.01b.

I have a Hughes SD-DVR80 with a RID running 4.0.1b with killhdinitrd. I used the guide at http://www.dellanave.com/projects/tivo/4xrid.html. Using a Linksys USB200M for network access.

My problem is that I don't know my Media Access Key if I even have one, and therefore can't install the Tivo Desktop software. Should my System Information be telling me my Access Card ID (which I assume is the same as Media Access Key) is Unknown? It also says IRD Model ?.
    Last edited by Juicy; 02-28-2005 at 10:36 PM.

I logged in to my DirecTV account and used my account ID for the Media Access Key that Tivo Desktop asks for during install. Added my mp3 and photos dir to share, went to the DTivo, added my PC's IP, and was able to see my PC and play music and browse photos. The only thing Tivo Desktop can't do is find recordings on my DTivo even though there are some present. I'd guess this is due to it being hacked; TyTool works fine anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy
    I have a Hughes SD-DVR80 with a RID running 4.0.1b with killhdinitrd. I used the guide at http://www.dellanave.com/projects/tivo/4xrid.html. Using a Linksys USB200M for network access.

My problem is that I don't know my Media Access Key if I even have one, and therefore can't install the Tivo Desktop software. Should my System Information be telling me my Access Card ID (which I assume is the same as Media Access Key) is Unknown? It also says IRD Model ?.
    You do not need a media access key for 4.0.1b.
    Software runs like a champ for me, and I never gave it one, nor do I have one.
    Assuming the media access key is the same as the access card ID is dead wrong.
    To prove this to yourself, pull your access card out, and read the #.
    That is your access card ID.

The IRD model is the receiver model, in your case a Hughes SD-DVR80.
    4.0.1b doesn't seem to like telling us our model # when in a DirecTV receiver.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by blueman2
    I had this same problem a while ago. IT turns out the 4.01b software image was bad .It did not have the background images when using menu items, which in turn cause the .mp3 software to stay active, which in turn caused you not to be able to listen to .mp3 files (since it cannot do 2 things at once). Try pausing any video or live TV you are watching before going into the .mp3 player and see if that helps. If so, then you have a bad 4.01b. Also, if you are not getting background images in your menus, this is another clue you have a bad 4.01b.
    BING BING BING BING...

Yup, bad image,
    Got it from eMule...

gNOMEintheRedHat

So I haven't gone to 4.0 yet, but have got a question. When you use HMO features like MP3, Pics, etc, are those stored on the hard drive of the Tivo, or streamed via PC which has to be on when you are viewing/listening?

streamed and cached
    Hughes HDVR2 Sleepered 120 hrs! Not sure how it works it just does.
    RCADVR40 hacked using lightiv guide, It works, sorta.