Thread: Question about Sleepers

Question about Sleepers

I know Sleepers is outdated, but just wondering if I went that route instead of killntrd(?), will I still have HMO/MRV features?

Thanks for the answer..

Quote Originally Posted by one918
    I know Sleepers is outdated, but just wondering if I went that route instead of killntrd(?), will I still have HMO/MRV features?

Thanks for the answer..
    A) its not just outdated, its dangerously deprecated. It provides outdated and broken versions of almost every hack on the disk, hacks your tivo in a terrifically inefficient and outdated manner, and teaches you nothing. The thread should be deleted. If you use it, you will get ZERO support here, and rightfully so, since its so easy to hack with killhdinitrd.

B) Does it matter? Why would you hack with it? Its actually harder, at this point (since you have to remove and reinstall so many hacks w/ Sleeper's) to use Sleeper's ISO than to manually kill your initrd with killhdinitrd. Do some reading, and hack your tivo the smart way.

ok,

I used sleeper's a year ago..

I want out of it.....

I have learned a ton since then, but not alot of how sleepr did it's thing.

So, I am NOT looking for sleeper help, I am looking for UNSLEEPER help!

I have 4.01b-02 on a Series 2 Stand Alone tivo (Not the night light, obviously).

Are there instructions to 'put it back right'?

Thanks

There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.