Thread: ccxstream working, sort of

ccxstream working, sort of

I've read these threads on tivo->xbox so many times, I've lost my place tens of times. I feel like this info is available, but I'm not searching on the right text....

I can stream through port 1400 (my videos), and I can execute the .py script via home.xml, but I can't play anything after I'm in the interface made by python. Can someone confirm what is needed for tivo streaming to xbox?

I've got ccxstream on my tivo (I know its working because I've used port 1400)

I've got the python file on my xbox (I know it is working because it executes)

I've got xboxtv6.itcl in my TWP modules folder, but I'm not sure if I need this for my S2...?

Am I missing anything...? Where could my error be?

C
    Series2 Stand Alone - Hacked(sleeper) - 280 Hours

Here's a summary of what I know about Tivo<->Xbox as it currently stands.

The current builds of XBMC will not work with the current stock builds of ccxstream and the stock versions of TivoX (where stock means versions that I haven't modified as noted below).
    All versions of ccxstream should work with XMBC if you browse to the tivo manual (usually via My Videos).

To get TivoX working you can:

1) Use an older version of XBMC, with stock ccxstream and stock TivoX. I believe they builds stop working sometime in late December 2004.

2) Build your own personal version of XBMC from source after you have applied a patch which is available in this post or at sourceforge. If you apply this source code patch and recompile XBMC, the stock versions of ccxstream and TivoX will work (modified ccxstream and TivoX will also work but wouldn't be needed). This patch hasn't been neither accepted nor rejected by the XMBC team.

3) Use a modified version of ccxstream and modified TivoX. These versions avoid the need for a patched XMBC (so you can use any release of XBMC), but have their own set of issues as reference in the post linked below.

Stock TivoX versions are available at fatattitude, ozTivo, in this post and in a couple of other posts.
    Stock versions of ccxstream available at fatattitude , in the All-In-One S2 and a couple more in other posts.
    This post has modified versions of ccxstream that are built with the newer mfs libs. The modified versions of TivoX that go with these ccxstreams are here

Note: xboxtv6.itcl is required by TivoX. It is how TivoX interacts with the Tivo (except for streaming shows, in which XMBC goes through ccxstream).
    Last edited by jimthev; 03-16-2005 at 05:45 AM. Reason: fixed the mfs libs link

Thanks for the fantastic post. I gave it another shot, and I still couldn't get it working. It's not a super-high priority, but it would be cool. I stay on top of the scene for the next couple of months and see what happens. Especially considering that I do have ccxstream working. I have to replace my harddrives in the meantime (aaarrrrrggggghhhhh).

Thanks, I appreciate it.

C

Quote Originally Posted by chef
    I gave it another shot, and I still couldn't get it working.
    Did you remember to modify the TivoX script itself and place your Tivo IP in it?

I've forgotten to do this a couple of times and I didn't mention it above.

Yeah, I did that. Not working... what a pain!!

I'm actually going to be replacing my 2 120GB drives this week, I've got a couple of threads related to the topic, do you have any tips? I'm going from 2 120GB drives to 2 120GB drives. I don't want to lose my hacks, etc. I'm mostly worried about 1 of the new drives being smaller (by a few clusters or something) than the original drive, and that might screw up my copy. I've also heard a lot of back and forth about using dd or dd_rescue versus mfsbackup/mfsrestore. Any thoughts would be helpful.

C

Quote Originally Posted by jimthev
    Here's a summary of what I know about Tivo<->Xbox as it currently stands.

The current builds of XBMC will not work with the current stock builds of ccxstream and the stock versions of TivoX (where stock means versions that I haven't modified as noted below).
    All versions of ccxstream should work with XMBC if you browse to the tivo manual (usually via My Videos).

To get TivoX working you can:

1) Use an older version of XBMC, with stock ccxstream and stock TivoX. I believe they builds stop working sometime in late December 2004.

2) Build your own personal version of XBMC from source after you have applied a patch which is available in this post or at sourceforge. If you apply this source code patch and recompile XBMC, the stock versions of ccxstream and TivoX will work (modified ccxstream and TivoX will also work but wouldn't be needed). This patch hasn't been neither accepted nor rejected by the XMBC team.

3) Use a modified version of ccxstream and modified TivoX. These versions avoid the need for a patched XMBC (so you can use any release of XBMC), but have their own set of issues as reference in the post linked below.

Stock TivoX versions are available at fatattitude, ozTivo, in this post and in a couple of other posts.
    Stock versions of ccxstream available at fatattitude , in the All-In-One S2 and a couple more in other posts.
    This post has modified versions of ccxstream that are built with the newer mfs libs. The modified versions of TivoX that go with these ccxstreams are here

Note: xboxtv6.itcl is required by TivoX. It is how TivoX interacts with the Tivo (except for streaming shows, in which XMBC goes through ccxstream).

I used the modified version of ccxstream and the latest TivoX files in the links above and finally got it working!

Big big thanks to jimthev

Did you do anything crazy besides what jimthev posted? Still struggling.

C

Im using TivoX with XBMC 1.1.0 and its working great.