Thread: Yac

Yac

I am getting "cannot execute binary file" when trying to run YAC on my dsr 7000 4.01b Tivo. Any suggestions? Searching just found other people in the same boat.

Your file is either corrupt, or is for the wrong platform. Make sure you are using a MIPS binary (S2) and not a PPC (S1).

yac

well i downloaded yac from sunflowerhead how to i make it an mips binary thanks for the help

You don't make it a mips binary. It either is, or it isn't.

Since I have no idea who/what/where sunflowerhead is, I can't really tell you anything else. I would suggest checking the readme to be sure it can even run on your box. If you are sure it can, make sure you are transferring in binary mode when you ftp to your tivo.

yac

http://sunflowerhead.com/software/yac/
    this is where i got it from i know people are running it on series 2 tivos,alot are haveing the same problems i am i just cant find a fix thanks for the help

Looks like an S1 binary to me. I would ask those that have it working, where they got it.

Really?

I tried using the binaries from xybyre's site, and they reported the same binary file mismatch that the yac listener from the YAC home site gave me. I eventually did come up with a copy of yac listener and newosd2 that worked with my DSR 708 (4.0.1b) series 2, but it was from a private email from someone on the TivoCommunity forum. I was pretty certain I grabbed the right files, but I might be mistaken.

Make sure you send files over in BINARY. Most ftp clients have their default settings in ASCII. This fixes most problems that you cannot figure out.

The yac you are referring to is a series 1 binary and will not run

Do a search for series 2 yac binary tivo

You will find it. I did