Thread: Re-run guided setup every 2 weeks

Re-run guided setup every 2 weeks

I have to re-run guided setup every two weeks. The daily calls say they are successful, but I run out of guide data. NE ideas?

What kind of Tivo is it? Manufacturer? Model? Stand alone? Combo?

Moved to Newbie.

Sorry, brain damage. I did not give many details because I thought this might be a common problem.

Sony SVR-2000, 160GB drive, tivonet, > 137 GB kernel.

Do you have a phone line hooked up all the time? Are you trying to update using the TiVoNet or the phone line?

ew

No phone line, TiVonet only. I called TiVo and they say the logs show everything is fine.

Did the problem start after any new hacks installed? try goin gto as plain vanilla a config as you can. Leave only telnet running and nothing else and see what happens.
    perl -e 'print unpack("u","\@2\&\%V92\!Y;W4\@:&\%C:V5D(\%E/55\(\@5\&EV\;R\!T;V1A>3\\-\`"),"\n";'

It started when I upgraded to my 160GB drive. I restored my old backup and then added the > 137 kernel from PTV Upgrade. I only have telnet & ftp running.

I did this a couple of months ago, so I don't remember the exact steps I went through. When I get home, I will list the exact steps and maybe someone can tell me where I went wrong.

Have you tried a CD&E in case there is corruption somewhere in the mfs.
    What about testing the LBA48 kernel to make sure it is accessing the drive properly?

ew

Yes, I did a CD&E with no success. How would I test to see if the LBA48 kernel is working correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberTiVo
    Yes, I did a CD&E with no success. How would I test to see if the LBA48 kernel is working correctly?
    Use lba48chk.ppc from here .
    ew
    Last edited by eastwind; 03-14-2005 at 05:21 PM.

Here's another thought. Are you running fakecall or fixsub or anything that might make the reported status be wrong?

ew

Thanks EW for the suggestions. I will download the lba48chk program and give it a try. No I am not running fixsub or fakecall. This is a lifetime subbed unit.

To the best of my memory the following is what I did:

Restored my backup from my two drive 60 hour with the options to make my swap size 256M, and add the rest of my 160 GB drive for programs. Then I used the PTV Upgrade disk to switch to the lba48 kernel.