Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: VLC modules for playing, streaming, etc.

version 0.9.2

I tried the latest version of VLC for Windows, and was pleased to find that some Tivo support has been built in: it plays .ty and .ty+ files natively. .tmfs are not supported, and neither is vstream.
    AFAIK, the preferred version for vstream is 0.8.4a, and it's really not a big deal to run both versions on the same computer. Does anyone know if other platforms are different?
    More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    I tried the latest version of VLC for Windows, and was pleased to find that some Tivo support has been built in: it plays .ty and .ty+ files natively. .tmfs are not supported, and neither is vstream.
    AFAIK, the preferred version for vstream is 0.8.4a, and it's really not a big deal to run both versions on the same computer. Does anyone know if other platforms are different?
    I've made a good deal of progress integrating control of the vlc server into TWP, but I'm still having some issues with certain shows not streaming the video, just the audio. I'm using vlc 0.8.4b with the libvstream_plugin. (So, I guess I'm really "re-streaming")

My setup is: vserver on tivo -> vlc (transcoding to lower bitrates, etc.) -> embedded player in browser. Selecting a show from the TWP lists tells the vlc server to request a different stream from the tivo. The tivo and vlc server are on the same local network, but the browser can be anywere.
    This is working great on most shows.

Certain shows, however, only re-stream the audio. It is very consistent. Other episodes of the same show, same channel, etc. work fine. I've even moved the shows to another TiVo via MRV with the exact same results. The video looks fine locally (on the vlc server machine). I have not been able to figure out the common symptom (yet).

Any advice?

Anyone re-streaming/transcoding from vserver -> vlc -> player without these symptoms?
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

Have you been keeping a list of shows that cause trouble? What version of vserver are you using? I haven't had any trouble streaming to my pc, but admittedly don't do it that often.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
    I've made a good deal of progress integrating control of the vlc server into TWP, but I'm still having some issues with certain shows not streaming the video, just the audio. I'm using vlc 0.8.4b with the libvstream_plugin. (So, I guess I'm really "re-streaming")

My setup is: vserver on tivo -> vlc (transcoding to lower bitrates, etc.) -> embedded player in browser. Selecting a show from the TWP lists tells the vlc server to request a different stream from the tivo. The tivo and vlc server are on the same local network, but the browser can be anywere.
    This is working great on most shows.

Certain shows, however, only re-stream the audio. It is very consistent. Other episodes of the same show, same channel, etc. work fine. I've even moved the shows to another TiVo via MRV with the exact same results. The video looks fine locally (on the vlc server machine). I have not been able to figure out the common symptom (yet).

Any advice?

Anyone re-streaming/transcoding from vserver -> vlc -> player without these symptoms?
    More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

whats the lastest build modules for vlc version and modules for series 2