Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: VLC modules for playing, streaming, etc.

TiVo modules for VLC 0.8.5 and Mac OS X?

Are these available yet, please?
    Cheers

Derryck

Bump! I'd like these too (well, for PC...)

is there one for VLC 0.8.5 out yet?

TiVo modules for VLC 0.8.5 and Mac OS X...

If you are waiting for the MacOSX versions then you might try TivoTool. I spent a while recently trying to compile the vlc modules but couldn't get VLC to compile. Then I discovered a post about TivoTool which uses mplayer (which can also understand Tivo's .ty format).

See my post and the thread here.

For PC I have stuck to VLC 0.84...

I too would like to see this resurected and possibly imported into the VLC project itself. After using VLC for a while it looks like the only issue keeping 8.5 from working properly is the transport layer of vserver does this currently work reliably with previous version of this software?

Ok, I'm at my wit's end trying to get VLC working on Windows and am hoping you kind folks have some suggestions. No matter what I do, whenever I try "File -> Open Network Stream -> Open" for "tivo://<my tivo>/plist" I get the error:

main input error: no suitable access module for 'tivo://192.168.1.42/plist'

in the VLC console.

etherial shows not a single IP packet to/from 192.168.1.42, so VLC didn't even ask. It looks like a config problem with VLC.

I've tried the stock vlc 0.8.5 from http://www.videolan.org/vlc on both W2K and XP with no luck. I downgraded to 0.8.2 and tried installing the .dlls from each of the following (found in various places on this forum) into the vlc plugins directory:

vlc-082-win-r45.zip
    vlc-082-win-r46.zip
    vlc-082-vstream-win-r49.zip

in every case, I get the same "no suitable access module" error in the VLC console.

I'm sure vserver is running. It shows up in 'ps' on the TiVo, and when I run
    'mplayer tivo://192.168.1.42/list' on a Linux box on my network, it gives me

Playing tivo://192.168.1.42/list.
    Resolving 192.168.1.42 for AF_INET6...
    Couldn't resolve name for AF_INET6: 192.168.1.42
    Connecting to server 192.168.1.42[192.168.1.42]: 8074...
    2396705 -- 02/17/99 11:09 -- 01 -- Live
    2396709 -- 02/21/99 11:09 -- 01 -- Live
    2357307 -- 09/09/06 11:01 -- 02 -- KQED

I can play the content on Linux with [g]mplayer witout any problem. But I get no love from VLC.

Here's what I've got.

Philips DSR7000 running a hacked 6.2 and vserver.

I have recordings from before and after I hacked the machine. I've done the s2_unscramble thang on the former and ciphercheck shows that the unscramble worked:

# ciphercheck
    CipherCheck - based on CipherCheck.tcl by AlphaWolf_HK

TyStream encryption is currently disabled.

Here is the status of your current recordings:

Encrypted CSO Set Stream Name
    --------- ------- -----------
    No No Late Show With David Letterman
    No No Law & Order
    No No NUMB3RS
    No No Frasier
    No No M*A*S*H
    No Yes Pimp My Ride
    No Yes Pimp My Ride
    No Yes Pimp My Ride

I DO have the libraries installed:

cygwin% ls VLC/plugins/libty* VLC/plugins/libvs*
    VLC/plugins/libty_plugin.dll VLC/plugins/libvstream_plugin.dll

What am I missing (other than my sanity)?

Thanks in advance,

TomVo

Wow, looks like TivoTool and forget it for mac users. I used it to backup everything on my tivo to my ipod in a couple of mouse clicks. Very impressive, can still use some polishing and a universal release but it works. Even seems to handle streaming video fairly well although it is still interlaced VLC seems to handle the interlacing very well when compaired but this program does work surprisingly well.

Does that mean you have Tivotool working with VLC on the mac? And if so, how?? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by twynne View Post
    Does that mean you have Tivotool working with VLC on the mac? And if so, how?? :-)
    It works with mplayer and has it built in. I did copy the contents of the ffmpegx resources into the TivoTool dir to make it run fast for my intel mac but other than that everything seemed to work fine with the version on the TivoTool website. It seemed to pretty much autoconfigure everything. It found my hacks dir which I call hacks and not the standard hack everyone else seems to use. It found my tivo on the network via ip, not sure how it did that I do run my own local dns with tivo as an entry pointing to my series 1 so maybe it used that. I was very impressed with it. I used it to download a lot of stuff I like to watch but don't have time at home to watch to my ipod.

series 2 ty's playable on 0.8.6c VLC for Mac OS X?

Since around version 0.8.2 the libty_plugin.dylib included in VLC releases for OS X has supported only series 1 ty files. Series 2 ty's mostly just display a black screen. There is a third-party version of libty_plugin.dylib that works pretty well with both series 1 and 2 ty's in VLC 0.8.4, but that VLC has some other problems that make it not useful.

VLC 0.8.6c, OTOH, is pretty good. I'd really like to use it routinely for most of my files of various kinds, if only it would play the s2 ty's.

Does anyone know if there have been any efforts to keep a series 1/series2 compatible libty_plugin.dylib up to date? Any sugestions where I might find a current version?

Talk to Stealth Dave. He's working a newer version of the VLC plugin and streamer for the Mac. It works with the latest VLC also.

Quote Originally Posted by tx413 View Post
    Talk to Stealth Dave. He's working a newer version of the VLC plugin and streamer for the Mac. It works with the latest VLC also.
    As requested, here are the Mac plugins for VLC 0.8.6c. Be sure to get the correct one for your system's architecture; PPC or Intel. Currently only the update ty plugin is available. Apple changed the default compile options and VLC's updates breaks vstream support, but we're working on it. I will post ty plugins for latest svn in a couple of days. If VLC is in your /Applications folder, drop the files in:
    Code:
    /Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/modules
    Let me know if these work for you.
    - Stealth Dave

Quote Originally Posted by stealthdave View Post
    Spot checked about 25 ty's, from 2003 - current, sourced from both SA's and DTivos. All worked flawlessly with the Intel version. Did not test the PPC version.

Many, many thanks; this is very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by stealthdave View Post
    As requested, here are the Mac plugins for VLC 0.8.6c. Be sure to get the correct one for your system's architecture; PPC or Intel. Currently only the update ty plugin is available. Apple changed the default compile options and VLC's updates breaks vstream support, but we're working on it. I will post ty plugins for latest svn in a couple of days. If VLC is in your /Applications folder, drop the files in:
    Code:
    /Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/modules
    Any progress on vstream?

Thanks a lot!

Does anyone know if there are any new version for the Win32 platform??

Thanks...

Smee