Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: VLC modules for playing, streaming, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Smee View Post
    Does anyone know if there are any new version for the Win32 platform??

Thanks...

Smee
    Unfortunately, my development machines are all Mac OS X right now, and I don't have the will to set up a virtual machine just to compile for win32. However, if you can set up a cygwin development environment, building a version with the 0.8.6 code is as simple as replacing the existing ty.c with the new one from http://tivo-vlc.sf.net. Just follow the build instructions at http://wiki.videolan.org/Win32Compile. Same goes for Linux or any other platform supported by VLC. If you do, please post the results here so that others can benefit.

I have submitted a patch to the VLC devel group which updates the module for the latest 0.9.0-svn builds, so hopefully we'll be able to see updated ty support in the nightly builds soon. You can help get the patch approved by testing it on platforms other than Mac OS X by building the latest svn with the patch that I posted at http://mailman.videolan.org/pipermai...er/035469.html . If you can build and test ty support with this patch in Linux and / or Windows, please report back here or PM me so that I can report that it has been tested and works on those platforms.

- Stealth Dave
    - Stealth Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Smee View Post
    Does anyone know if there are any new version for the Win32 platform??

Thanks...

Smee
    I built a plugin for the latest svn build of VLC for Windows (and MacIntel for good measure), and it appears to work just fine, but I only have Series 1 streams to test it on. For those of you running Windows with Series 2 TiVos, please test and report back ASAP. I'm trying to get the latest version of the ty plugin committed to the main project so that we don't have to keep building our own plugins for each version. Get the nightly build for Oct 10 here:

win32: http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/...20071010-0000/
    osx-x86: http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/...70930-0138.dmg

Then replace the ty plugin with the one attached to this post. You should have Series 2 bliss on your PC.

For those of you running Linux, please try and build VLC from source with the attached patch and test.

- Stealth Dave
    Last edited by stealthdave; 10-11-2007 at 02:47 PM.

Tried your libty_plugin.dll with vlc-0.9.0-svn-20071010 and it works with a DTiVo Series2 .ty

Video/audio are in sync. Seeking works fine, but it takes a second for the video to catch up... but the plugin is fine as is to me.

Thanks for your work.

Same here. Works well on my DTivo Series 2. Now if only I can get a hold of an updated libvstream_plugin so that I can stream tivo:// style urls I would be in heaven. I wonder if I can use the Extract Module in TiVoweb Plus 1.3.1 instead. I'll have to try that and see.

Many Thanks...

Smee

Updated Ty Plugin Committed To Vlc Svn!!!

The VLC team just committed the Series 2 udpates to svn! This means that, going forward, we won't need to compile our own ty plugins! YAY!!!

HOWEVER, we still need your help! We need to test the new plugins against Series 2 ty streams. I only have a Series 1 TiVo, and I have confirmed that the new plugins still work on S1 streams. The new ty plugin won't be in the nightlies until tomorrow, and most likely only the Windows nightly build at that, as the Mac builds don't seem to have been updated in a while. So please test the attached plugins AS SOON AS POSSIBLE and report back so that I can report to the VLC team that everything works.

- Stealth Dave

Quote Originally Posted by stealthdave View Post
    We need to test the new plugins against Series 2 ty streams.
    I have only VLC 0.8.6c

On that, the new OS X plugin does not work for me for _either_ series 1 or series 2 ty's. Your own version works fine for both.

I'm not sure the new one is _supposed_ to work pre-0.9.

Is the source for any VLC 0.9 on MacPorts (MacDarwin)? Doesn't seem to be.

If there's a compiled VLC 0.9 around, point me to it and I'll test the plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dylan View Post
    I have only VLC 0.8.6c

On that, the new OS X plugin does not work for me for _either_ series 1 or series 2 ty's. Your own version works fine for both.

I'm not sure the new one is _supposed_ to work pre-0.9.

Is the source for any VLC 0.9 on MacPorts (MacDarwin)? Doesn't seem to be.

If there's a compiled VLC 0.9 around, point me to it and I'll test the plugin.
    You can download the nightly builds at:

http://nightlies.videolan.org

The plugins should work with those builds. They won't work with 0.8.6.
    - Stealth Dave

You can download the nightly builds
    I tried several recent VLC builds and couldn't get anything stable enough for meaningful tests, 90% of video files of any kind caused the application to abort. I'd like to help. I'll give it another shot, more methodically, tomorrow.

EDITED TO ADD: Had to go back to "intel-20070818-0129" to get a 0.9 that would run on my MacBookPro3,1 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz. With its resident libty_plugin.dylib, VLC, as expected, played series 1 ty's but not series 2 ty's. With the 0.9 libty_plugin.dylib you posted, VLC aborted with both series 1's and series 2 ty's.

Obviously what is needed is feedback on a more _recent_ 0.9 VLC build with the 0.9 plugin you posted, but I simply couldn't get one to run.
    Last edited by Roger Dylan; 10-14-2007 at 12:30 PM.

Ah, I see your dilemna. Here is a current build of VLC with the committed ty patches:

http://wiskars.com/tystreamer/bin/VL...n-macintel.dmg

The win32 build beginning 20071014 should have the new ty build. Later builds should have more subtle bug fixes that have been found but not yet included. Please test and report back.

EDIT: Just to confirm, this build already has the updated ty plugin installed.
    - Stealth Dave

Here is a current build of VLC with the committed ty patches
    Looks good with series 2 ty's. Ran about 20 DirecTivo series 2 ty's through it, checked at beginning, middle, end, all were fine: audio sync always right on, no pixelization, no aborts.

You said you had checked out series 1 ty's so I only did a few of those, and they were fine also.

The nightly VLC intel Mac build dated 10/18/07 works well, first in a long time that does. It also has a built-in series 2 capable ty plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dylan View Post
    The nightly VLC intel Mac build dated 10/18/07 works well, first in a long time that does. It also has a built-in series 2 capable ty plugin.
    The VLC guys also added closed-caption support for ty streams. Care to test it?
    - Stealth Dave

Maybe I'm dumb, but I couldn't get this to stream from the tivo. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

-- gyre --

Quote Originally Posted by gyre View Post
    Maybe I'm dumb, but I couldn't get this to stream from the tivo. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

-- gyre --
    Yes, libvstream_plugin also needs to be updated but that's not in the scope of what is being updated on this thread.

Smee

here are the Mac plugins for VLC 0.8.6c. PPC [and] Intel. Let me know if these work for you
    I just tested the PPC version and it works fine. EDITED TO ADD: I spoke too soon. The first couple of s2's I tried worked, now a whole string in a row of them do not. Trying to find some logic in why a couple of s2's work but most do not. EDIT END

I had previously reported success with s2's the Intel version, which I continue to use every day and it works flawlessly.

0.9 Intel versions of VLC, even the latest, lock up frequently when I quit. Since I'm running it with only the Mac remote control, via Sofa Control, with no keyboard or mouse, force quitting is a pain. The ty plugins themselves work fine in recent intel 0.9's.
    Last edited by Roger Dylan; 10-22-2007 at 09:53 AM.