Thread: Two Networked Tivos -- What Now?

Two Networked Tivos -- What Now?

Hi All!

I have two networked T-60 Series 1 Tivos (both 2.52 with Cachecards), both working great on their own.

I have done a bunch of searching here, but cannot seem to find solid answers to my two biggest questions:

1) Is there an app that will resolve scheduling conflicts across two (or more) Tivos? I know the need to record 4 shows at once is obscene, but it happens

2) Ok, now I hae two loaded Tivos - is there a way to see the other Tico's Now Playing List? I use my Xbox to stream from both, but that only works in the room with Xbox. My wife would like (is demanding) access to the play lists from the bedroom when me and the kid take over the TV

I remember reading about how to do #2 a while back, but if I remember right there was an issue with msftp expiring. I do not mind paying for a solution if needed, just need help finding it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    THANKS!
    Dave
    Even I donated because this place has saved me more time and money than I could even count...

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaDave
    1) Is there an app that will resolve scheduling conflicts across two (or more) Tivos? I know the need to record 4 shows at once is obscene, but it happens

2) Ok, now I hae two loaded Tivos - is there a way to see the other Tivo's Now Playing List? I use my Xbox to stream from both, but that only works in the room with Xbox. My wife would like (is demanding) access to the play lists from the bedroom when me and the kid take over the TV
    1... Yes there is, there is a module for tivoweb that will do just what you are after. You need to install tivoweb, then look for the conflict resolver module that Sanderton wrote.

2... Not on an S1 that I am aware of. You can move shows between them with mfs_ftp providing you have scrambling turned off. But Multi-Room Viewing like on the S2 is not available.

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaDave
    2) Ok, now I hae two loaded Tivos - is there a way to see the other Tico's Now Playing List? I use my Xbox to stream from both, but that only works in the room with Xbox. My wife would like (is demanding) access to the play lists from the bedroom when me and the kid take over the TV
    Sanderton again! Check this thread. (This might be what your were talking about in your OP..don't know about mfs_ftp expiring.)

ew

For some reason I can't download the conflict resolver (I am logged into tivocom.) If somebody could get it and post it here or e-mail it to me, that'd be great. thinkdifferent1984 @ mac dot com

Thanks! It was indeed Sanderton that I was remembering/looking for

As for the expiring msftp, I think the problem is that I was only able to find version 1.2.9P, and his hack is for 1.2.9Q... I will do some more searching tonight after work...

Thanks for your help!
    David
    Even I donated because this place has saved me more time and money than I could even count...