Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dtv Card Unknown????????

so are u saying that this software won't work for me.
    If not can you at least point me in the right direction of a guide that is easy to follow on this forum.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tamtam4u
    the item # is 5754256658
    This CD is illegal and contains pirated software written by several members here. The seller has exposed both himself and you to possible litigation for conducting this illicit transaction.

I suggest leaving negative feedback ASAP and reporting the auction to the eBay fraud department, to cover your own behind.

Message deleted- didn't realize the poster was using an illegal image.
    Last edited by Roger Dylan; 04-02-2005 at 01:00 PM.

so are u saying that this software won't work for me.
    The issue is that it is not a legal image and you are at risk if you leave it on your Tivo. Please delete the software from your Tivo and contact eBay immediately informing them of the criminal activitiy that the seller has engaged in.

If not can you at least point me in the right direction of a guide that is easy to follow on this forum.
    Thanks
    There are many FAQs and an awful lot of information to read in the Stickys. Start reading. You might need a month or two, but you'll figure it out.

Enjoy the hobby.

JJ

the only commands i had to do with this image was
    mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdb /cdrom
    mfsrestore -s 127 -xzpi /cdrom/image.mfs /dev/hdc

That was the only thing i had to do.

If i follow the WeetHet - TiVo 4.x for your DirecTiVo should it work then. because that seems like a pretty straight forward guide!!

I AM VERY FRUSTRATED WITH THIS AND NEED HELP!!

Yes, the image.mfs file contained illegal and broken software. That is at the root of your problem.

Have you left negative feedback for the seller yet? Make sure you clearly state that the software is illegal, to warn potential buyers of the risk.

If i follow the WeetHet - TiVo 4.x for your DirecTiVo should it work then. because that seems like a pretty straight forward guide!!

You are running an ILLEGAL image.

STOP.

If you do not delete the image from your Tivo IMMEDIATELY you will garner NO support from DDB, as well as incur legal risk.

More importantly, DDB does not support ebay images at all, or pre-hacked Tivos in any form.

Sorry. You're on your own until you do the hack yourself.

the item # is 5754256658
    I just did a search on this seller. Reviewing his feedback, it appears he sold over 50 copies of this CD - at $3.99 a copy.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

Quote Originally Posted by PlainBill
    I just did a search on this seller. Reviewing his feedback, it appears he sold over 50 copies of this CD - at $3.99 a copy.
    Wow, 50 purchasers @ $1000 * 2 each is a lot of money for Riley and his lawyers.

If I bought this item, I'd contact eBay Security and the authorities ASAP so that I don't get snagged in the net when this seller goes down. Buying this CD could be a very expensive mistake for a lot of people.

(As we have seen with the DirecTV end-user lawsuits, purchasers of illicit items can and will be held liable by the courts for their actions.)

I bought the image from ebay. everything command is done on this image.
    Boy did you screw up.

Go bug the guy who sold it to you. Or you can call directv and explain to them why your CAM verification mechanism (which they use to prevent you from breaking the law) has been tampered with (which is why you only see channel 100,) and they'll fix it for you.

BTW, theres no guide either here or anywhere else that will help you fix this specific problem.
    Last edited by AlphaWolf; 04-02-2005 at 01:19 PM.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by alldeadhomiez

(As we have seen with the DirecTV end-user lawsuits, purchasers of illicit items can and will be held liable by the courts for their actions.)
    And with Tivo and DTV having their falling out, along with Tivo's profitablity suspect, it seems that they'd want to be making a point out of some folks who attempt to circumvent their product in an online auction.

Bad.

Poor tamtam4u. I hope he files that negative feedback QUICKLY.

29 Do it the right way

Now to fix your problem in a legal fassion, read this thread about how to make your own DTiVo work. You can purchase a legal copy of an image for I think $20.00 and for an additional $5.00 a copy of a great boot disk from PTVupgrade.com. If your not going over 137Gig HD then you can use a freeware boot disk out there but it's easier to keep it simple and go with the instructions and just buy what you need. If you have your original drive you can use the image from that so prey you have a copy of it and it will save you the $20.00.

As for the seeing only channel 100, I'm willing to bet your purchase did not corrupt your card (need a card to make a DTiVo work) but the IRD section was not configured properly, and it's just not working for you now. I haven't heard of a one-size-fits-all when it comes to IRD and Non-IRD software.

Now, make everyone here happy and tell them you filed a report against the seller of what you purchased and don't use that CD. Save it for if someone at EBAY needs proof.

Oh, and if you have your original drive, not altered, put it in and start it up but based on your posts I think you tried to write right over your original drive. If you still ahve it, when your hacking use a new drive to hack on, save your original. This is a good rule to live by.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSchmuckatell
    You can purchase a legal copy of an image for I think $20.00 and for an additional $5.00 a copy of a great boot disk from PTVupgrade.com.
    There are even better ones that are free.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf
    There are even better ones that are free.
    Better what? Images for free or boot disk?

Quote Originally Posted by unoriginal
    Better what? Images for free or boot disk?
    Both. Use any modern Linux "live CD," tivopart, and the compwiz 4.0.1b image.

(Not sure if the compwiz image requires a C&DE. If it was done correctly (never booted after installation) it will be clean.)