Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: bufferhack 4.x Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lakersraidersfa View Post
    First, sweet hack, just what i was looking for. Bufferhack seems to work fine at 60 mins, but when i tried 240 mins "live TV" would not display at all, skip,skip,skip...so is 60 mins the recommended max? Thanks!!
    I've had 120 minutes for years, no issues
    Two DSR7000s both at 6.4a/101 from slices; both originally sleepered version 3, then 4.01b, 6.2, 6.2a.
    TWP 2.1, Superpatched, 300GB Seagate in one, 750GB in the other, USB 2 w/ Jamie's backport drivers
    One HR10-250 at 6.4a, networked, Superpatched, stock 250GB drive
    One HR23
    Patiently waiting for a new DirecTV/Tivo
    One AM21 hooked to the HR23

First, sweet hack, just what i was looking for. Bufferhack seems to work fine at 60 mins, but when i tried 240 mins "live TV" would not display at all, skip,skip,skip...so is 60 mins the recommended max? Thanks!!
    What happens when you try something between 60 and 240?

Also, I see you're new here. Maybe you should give the model, OS and other pertinent information before you ask a support question, ya know?

See also this post.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBliss View Post
    Running bufferhack40a.tcl with Command Line Options
    ------------------------------------------------------

change to the directory that you placed bufferhack40a.tcl in

Then ./bufferhack40a.tcl

bufferhack40a Usage:

bufferhack40a.tcl <minutes of buffer> <(q)uiet mode/(s)ilent mode>

Example -

To give your tivo a 60 minute buffer of Live TV while watching all notifications:
    ./bufferhack40a.tcl 60

To give your tivo a 60 minute buffer of Live TV with ONLY ERRORS displayed on-screen (Quiet Mode):
    ./bufferhack40a.tcl 60 q

To give your tivo a 60 minute buffer of Live TV with NO SCREEN OUTPUT AT ALL (Silent Mode):
    ./bufferhack40a.tcl 60 s

type reboot
    I ftp'd bufferhack32a.tcl to my HDVR2 (it's running 4.01b) and followed the instructions above to the letter, but whenever I enter "./bufferhack41.tcl 60" to set the buffer, I get the "no such file or directory" response. I directly xferred it, so I don't need to do a dos2unix thingie.

What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by SithLord; 09-16-2006 at 04:23 AM.
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion I gain strength.
    Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory.
    Through victory my chains are broken.
    The Force shall set me free.

Quote Originally Posted by SithLord View Post
    I ftp'd bufferhack32a.tcl ... whenever I enter "./bufferhack41.tcl 60" to set the buffer, I get the "no such file or directory" response.

What am I doing wrong?
    Using either the wrong file or the wrong command?

I ftp'd bufferhack32a.tcl to my HDVR2 (it's running 4.01b) and followed the instructions above to the letter, but whenever I enter "./bufferhack41.tcl 60" to set the buffer, I get the "no such file or directory" response. I directly xferred it, so I don't need to do a dos2unix thingie.

What am I doing wrong?
    Well, you ftp'ed bufferhack32a.tcl and are trying to follow instructions for bufferhack40. I'd imagine that's your first problem. Nonetheless, you couldn't have followed the instructions "to the letter", since the instructions you posted instructed you to type "bufferhack40a.tcl 60", and you typed bufferhack41.tcl 60.

Aside from that, any other anamolies you're seeing are becuase they are different major releases, with different functionality.

Try downloading the proper distribution for what you're trying to accomplish, and give it a shot again.
    Last edited by JJBliss; 09-16-2006 at 11:10 AM.

Also, "No such file or directory" when running tcl scripts is a common issue that often results from incorrectly editing or transfering the script file: link. In this case, seems like your just trying to run the wrong version of the script.

SithLord's been around a long time...I'm wondering if he isn't pulling your virtual legs, here. You know...mocking the newbs who can't read or follow simple instructions, that sort of thing.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Quote Originally Posted by cheer View Post
    SithLord's been around a long time...I'm wondering if he isn't pulling your virtual legs, here. You know...mocking the newbs who can't read or follow simple instructions, that sort of thing.
    Well.. If you say so...

Well.. If you say so...

I'm fully prepared to be wrong. He's either mocking or clueless.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Are we ready to do some testing on the new HD 6.3 thats out now ?

Well, you ftp'ed bufferhack32a.tcl and are trying to follow instructions for bufferhack40. I'd imagine that's your first problem. Nonetheless, you couldn't have followed the instructions "to the letter", since the instructions you posted instructed you to type "bufferhack40a.tcl 60", and you typed bufferhack41.tcl 60.

Aside from that, any other anamolies you're seeing are becuase they are different major releases, with different functionality.

Try downloading the proper distribution for what you're trying to accomplish, and give it a shot again.
    Sorry, guys, I did a typo. I DID ftp 32a and I DID type 32a's commands. I just typed it wrong above. Dummy me.

I still get the same bad command errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Also, "No such file or directory" when running tcl scripts is a common issue that often results from incorrectly editing or transfering the script file: link. In this case, seems like your just trying to run the wrong version of the script.
    Jamie, when i ftp'd 32a to my HDVR2, I used filezilla. I just extracted the file and sent it right over, which is why I mentioned I didn't think I did anything wrong to end up having to do dos2unix.

Cheer, while I may not be clueless this time, I was just absentminded when it came to typing the version #'s that I used. I kept having 41 on my mind when I was using 32a. Duh!

Jamie, when i ftp'd 32a to my HDVR2, I used filezilla. I just extracted the file and sent it right over, which is why I mentioned I didn't think I did anything wrong to end up having to do dos2unix.
    FTP clients often screw up and transfer tcl scripts in "ASCII" mode which b0rks the line endings. Give dos2unix a try; shouldn't hurt anything.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer

Will do, Chris. Now I just have to find where I put that little proggy. I think it's buried somewhere.