Thread: Tivo series 2.5 How do you get PPV description

Tivo series 2.5 How do you get PPV description

Could someone please tell me how to get channel discription for dish network programing on the PPV's? Is it even possible? Thank for your your help.

Why, because you're stealing service with your Fortec receiver?

Something tells me you won't get a lot of sympathy here. If you want to figure this out, do a search and find it on your own.

Moved to Newbie.

Thumbs down

Something tells me you won't get a lot of sympathy here. If you want to figure this out, do a search and find it on your own.
    I got to disagree with that statement. Cus I have a Tivo with Dish Net. I can't get any PPV information on my Tivo. I need to set recording on the PPV I watched manually. After it finished recording, it will have on my Now Playing list as "PayPerView". It's kind of sucks. So, for the show that is worthy to keep, like "MATRIX". I end up had to go to Dish's website and get the descriptions and rating from there and modify the recorded show using TivoWeb. Unlike my friend, he currently owns a directivo unit, they have all the ppv shows properly labeled and correct show time. It's so cool. The only problem with those units is you can't record regular stuffs from the rabbit-ear tv shows.

I also have this problem. I have dish network and a Series 2 SA Tivo. No description fo PPV at all. For what it's worth, I think that Dish simply does not provide the PPV guide data to anyone. My Snapstream Beyond TV guide is exactly the same. Everything is there except PPV. It doesn't matter though. I have ound Dish to be cumbersome and clunky. I'm moving to Direct JUST for the D-Tivo unit. I'm sick of paying for 2 boxes just to have my beloved Tivo.