Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: want to buy and hack a new tivo 2

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3

    want to buy and hack a new tivo 2

    i have been reading like crazy on this matter.

    if someone can just anser this for me it would help alot

    can a tivo 2 be hacked so no monthly bill needed?

    if so what files ard needed?

    is there a detialed step by step file?

    are any tivo2's hack protected and how con i tell befor i buy one?

    i have read so much on this matter and alot of what of it is months old.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    478
    Quote Originally Posted by dickie27
    i have been reading like crazy on this matter.
    No you haven't, you liar. If you had, you'd have noticed the stickies that clearly state that discussing service theft is both illegal and not acceptable on this board.

    can a tivo 2 be hacked so no monthly bill needed?
    What part of the prohibition on discussing service theft was confusing to you?

    i have read so much on this matter and alot of what of it is months old.
    You haven't read dick-all about it, if you think you can come here and ask us to teach you how to steal Tivo service. Get out of here before you get us all in trouble with Tivo.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    3,108
    Quote Originally Posted by dickie27
    i have been reading like crazy on this matter.

    if someone can just anser this for me it would help alot

    can a tivo 2 be hacked so no monthly bill needed?
    thats service theft if you want the guide. if you dont want the guide at all (just a dumb vcr), then there are methods, but only s1 units were sold with that as a standard option. the tivo service is part of having a tivo.

    Quote Originally Posted by dickie27
    if so what files ard needed?

    is there a detialed step by step file?

    are any tivo2's hack protected and how con i tell befor i buy one?

    i have read so much on this matter and alot of what of it is months old.
    do searches on these topics. there are plenty of "guides", and the sticky threads have plenty of info.
    Last edited by mrblack51; 04-24-2005 at 03:48 PM.
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3
    if i buy a tivo dvr and not subscribe can i use it like a vcr, record, play & pause tv?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    478
    Quote Originally Posted by dickie27
    if i buy a tivo dvr and not subscribe can i use it like a vcr, record, play & pause tv?
    Not with Series 2, thief. Search, this has been discussed amply.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3
    F**K you old dick.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    77
    What a bozo! Good riddance.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    478
    Quote Originally Posted by dickie27
    F**K you old dick.
    Why? Because I chastised you after you (1) lied, (2) broke the rules of the board by (3) trrying to steal Tivo service, and (3) failed to apologize for your mistakes?

    Oh no, my dear little pissant, I think I'll leave you to sodomize yourself.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    307
    Quote Originally Posted by dickie27
    can a tivo 2 be hacked so no monthly bill needed?
    Series 2 SA Tivos can't be used without subscription, as a vcr. Some earlier Series 1's can, and some later series 1's can be so-hacked. But not series 2 as far as I know.

    You could have found out more about this without asking a question, which you're not supposed to do here.

    Also, you might have anticipated (based on the environment you would have become familiar with, had you read much) that this is a shoot first forum and you should have been much clearer in your question not to imply (or say antyhing that might be read to imply [however incorrectly]) service theft.

    You mentioned "guides." Jeeze. Two minutes of reading and you would have found out that's a red flag.

    Finally, as a new person here you don't have the right to insult members who insult you.

    For all these crimes against the people, you will be very lucky if they don't ban you.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by dickie27
    if i buy a tivo dvr and not subscribe can i use it like a vcr, record, play & pause tv?
    If you buy it with the understanding that is supposed to work without service.
    The basically means most older S1s, and Toshiba and Pioneer DVD combos.
    All the rest need a paid sub to work, and subverting that paid sub is theft.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,407
    Moved to the Sewer since it contains NO useful information.

    dickie27:
    Tsk tsk tsk. Watch your mouth in our home. Consider yourself warned.

    Roger Dylan:
    Your coy/candid observations are wearing on me.
    While you have not officially violated any rules, you are NOT winning friends.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    307
    Quote Originally Posted by JJBliss
    Your coy/candid observations are wearing on me.
    While you have not officially violated any rules, you are NOT winning friends.
    I will certainly try to be less candid, if that will win you as a friend, Mr. JJ Bliss.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,149
    [EDIT]I'm sorry that I couldn't have just kept my mouth shut... BUT I posted before I knew this was going to be another useless 'sewer' thread.


    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dylan
    Also, you might have anticipated (based on the environment you would have become familiar with, had you read much) that this is a shoot first forum.
    You continually seem to 'slight' the forum. I've noticed this since your introduction here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dylan
    and you should have been much clearer in your question not to imply (or say anything that might be read to imply [however incorrectly]) service theft.
    "however incorrectly"?

    Your opinion is crap. 'Incorrectly' is strictly YOUR opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dylan
    You mentioned "guides." Jeeze. Two minutes of reading and you would have found out that's a red flag.
    ...and rightly so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dylan
    Finally, as a new person here you don't have the right to insult members who insult you. For all these crimes against the people, you will be very lucky if they don't ban you.
    So, you call a simple correction, that was severly needed..., and insult?

    For your opinionated and 'shallow' comments... 'they' should ban you. How have you helped? You've simply (and this is definitely not the first time) used a response to an ignorant and uninformed post as a forum to promote your disagreements with the board's flavor/desires.

    Notice, If necessary, I'll provide links to your original opinions and subsequent asides/slams of DDB here...


    NutKase
    Last edited by NutKase; 04-24-2005 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Apology
    "God, and DealDataBase, help those that help themselves." --Shamelessly stolen from psxboy
    ------------------------------------------------
    2 each, SA S2 287hr 7.2.1a's with Lifetime.
    Hacks: 1 Manually Monte'd -140, Bash,Telnet,FTP,TivoWebPlus,
    Superpatch-67all Unscrambled/HMO,MFS_FTP Ver. N,TyTools, tivoserver
    Fully hacked SA S1

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,149
    Oh, now I see that JJ has noticed also.

    Also, I see that you have provided an 'unarguable' and non-commital response.



    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dylan
    I will certainly try to be less candid, if that will win you as a friend, Mr. JJ Bliss.
    'Less candid' implies that you are somehow justified in your misguided stance.

    I don't think so. Candid, or less, implies that your position is accurate.

    I don't agree. You have your opinion and it's not that accurate.


    We don't agree.


    NutKase
    Last edited by NutKase; 04-24-2005 at 12:57 AM.
    "God, and DealDataBase, help those that help themselves." --Shamelessly stolen from psxboy
    ------------------------------------------------
    2 each, SA S2 287hr 7.2.1a's with Lifetime.
    Hacks: 1 Manually Monte'd -140, Bash,Telnet,FTP,TivoWebPlus,
    Superpatch-67all Unscrambled/HMO,MFS_FTP Ver. N,TyTools, tivoserver
    Fully hacked SA S1

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    307
    Quote Originally Posted by classicsat
    If you buy it with the understanding that is supposed to work without service.
    The basically means most older S1s, and Toshiba and Pioneer DVD combos.
    All the rest need a paid sub to work, and subverting that paid sub is theft.
    I hadn't considered this. If I buy an old S1 (that may have originally shipped with an OS post-1.3) and use it without subscribing, as a vcr or simply as a playback machine on my home network, you think that's theft? I'm not arguing, frankly I'm reacting that you may have a valid point that I should have thought about before, and I'm going to have to start thinking about it now.

    Thanks. Uh, I guess. Maybe I was happier not knowing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •