Thread: Quickreply?!?

Quickreply?!?

I've noticed on other message boards that run vbulletin (such as http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/ for example), there is the ability to utilize a quick reply (small box on the bottom of the page) to reply to a thread instead of opening a whole new window.

I'm just curious if this is something that could/would be implementable on this board as it makes posting much easier.
    Last edited by compwiz312; 05-04-2005 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by compwiz312
    I've noticed on other message board that run vbulletin (such as http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/ for example), there is the ability to utilize a quick reply (small box on the bottom of the page) to reply to a thread instead of opening a whole new window.

I'm just curious if this is something that could/would be implementable on this board as it makes posting much easier.

I also find that feature convenient. I know it's possible with this version of VB, but I am not sure why it wasn't implemented (maybe for no particular reason at all.)

Maybe one of the admins can check into it.

I also noticed one other thing at dbpoweramp's forum, " Similar Threads", shows similar threads (based on title, i assume) to the one you are looking at. Could tremendously help reduce newbie questions if they don't even have to search.

Quote Originally Posted by compwiz312
    I also noticed one other thing at dbpoweramp's forum, " Similar Threads", shows similar threads (based on title, i assume) to the one you are looking at. Could tremendously help reduce newbie questions if they don't even have to search.
    Maybe, but it can put a huge load on the server. Each thread opening performs an extra set of db queries.

It is indeed disabled. It can be enabled, though I don't know what the increased load (if any) might do. I will review the implications and make modifications if appropriate.

I am under the impression that this will circumvent the post character limitation. This is undesireable.

I will get back to you folks.