Thread: tivoapp (among others corrupted -- help!!

tivoapp (among others corrupted -- help!!

Hi,
    Sometime last night /tvbin/tivoapp and a bunch of other files got corrupted -- and I mean really corrupted. I'm not sure what happened but the modes of the files are also wrong. This causes two problems, 1.) the DirecTivo won't let me delete the corrupted files and 2.) where to get the replacements.

This is a Phillips Series 1 Directivo running 25Xtreme upgraded to 3.10. I am UNIX proficient and have a serial connection to the box. I'm assuming (assuming because I haven't tried it yet) that I can take the disk and put it in my Linux PC and will be able to delete the corrupted files. I have a slice file GZtvbin-10053497-1.slice that I think has the apps that I need, but I'm not sure how to extract files from a slice file.

Another option I thought of was to just go through the upgrade to 3.1 again, but I want to make sure I retain my recordings.

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Hey
    ...I have a slice file GZtvbin-10053497-1.slice that I think has the apps that I need, but I'm not sure how to extract files from a slice file.
    This post explains how to unpack the slice file. You might want to do a full media scan on your disk. This could be a sign that it is failing.