Thread: TivowebPlus problems

TivowebPlus problems

I've done an install of TivoWeb plus, and even though I can telnet and ftp to the Tivo, I can't seem to get TivoWebPlus to respond to a request from the browser. I'm using the default installation.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Is you macintosh working? Is it one of the yellow ones?

Which is JJBliss' way of asking for more information.

What kind of Tivo? Which version of TWP? What version of Tivo software? How are you connected? What kind of computer? What browser? What happens when you try? Etc.

We need information.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

OK, this was in the Series 1 Support initially, so I figured it was implied I'm running this on a Series 1 Phillips machine. I'm attempting to get the current 1.0-final release of TWP to run. I'm connecting to it from an XP box (sorry, not a Mac!).

There's no apparent firewall issues 'cause I can telnet and FTP to the Tivo from my XP machine and get out port 80 (web access) to the rest of the world, plus I've been doing http_gets on the Tivo to bring over files from the XP machine before I got FTP running.

Since posting the message, I did an TPM uninstall of TivoWeb Plus and did a reinstall into the default /var/local directory. I also turned off autostart on boot and specified that TWP was not to start after the install.

I then issued the ./tivoweb console commenad and this is the output:

Bash (TiVo Bedroom) # ./tivoweb console
    Bash (TiVo Bedroom) # TivoWebPlus Project - v1.0
    The program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
    This program is licensed under the GPL.
    See the 'copyright' and 'README' files for copyright and credit information.
    Loading modules...
    favicon
    index

There doesn't appear to be any of the other output that I've seen associated with TWP and when I attempt to connect to the Tivo in IE using the URL http://192.168.1.124, I am not getting any response (just the little IE flag waving).

Any suggestions?

When you run it from the command line using the ./tivoweb console command does it ever say Accepting Connections?

If it doesn't, then it isn't.

In fact, based on your log posted (which might very well be incomplete), it looks like it never actually finished loading.

Yeah, it never was accepting connections, which is why I couldn't connect to it. I finally resorted to unplugging the machine and then letting it reboot.

Then, when I ran ./tivoweb console, it would give me the results up to index, then about four minutes later, it'd complete the rest of the module details and display "accepting connections".

Not sure what was up, but at least I now know what to look for.