Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: superpatch-67all - (Support)

Since the standalone software is now going to v9.1, would it be a good time to start a new superpatch thread? Perhaps superpatch9all?

Quote Originally Posted by shutterfriend View Post
    Please note that MRV has been tested successfully. I have been doing MRV between 3 TiVo's with no issues at all.
    I finally got around to patching my patched superpatch with the v9.1 patches. (This is bordering on the ridiculous)

I can watch my previously recorded shows just fine. I can MRV fine to other v9.1 boxes, but I can not see any of my v6.2 DTiVo's in MRV.

EDIT: The v6.2 boxes can't see the v9.1 boxes either.
    Last edited by StanSimmons; 10-10-2007 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StanSimmons View Post
    I finally got around to patching my patched superpatch with the v9.1 patches. (This is bordering on the ridiculous)

I can watch my previously recorded shows just fine. I can MRV fine to other v9.1 boxes, but I can not see any of my v6.2 DTiVo's in MRV.
    StanSimmons,

My understanding with 9.1 MRV is that in order for you to be able to MRV between TiVo's they all have to be at 9.1 now. I am not sure that superpatch will get around this.

Jamie, Any thoughts or comments?

There are definitely some issues around MRV in the 9.1 release; don't know if it's some new DRM or what but yes it appears all boxes must be on 9.1. Also, remote browsing is now ridiculously slow.

Some other notables are that TivoServer, pyTivo, etc. don't work anymore. And I have experienced that recordings that were mfs_ftp inserted before no longer play anymore either. I haven't gotten around to mfs_ftp inserting something new to see if it works. I'll let y'all know unless someone has already tried.
    ScanMan --> Just another Tivo hacker...
    Killhdinitrd SA S2 Monte S2 Unscramble Upgrade Tivo Software

Quote Originally Posted by ScanMan View Post
    There are definitely some issues around MRV in the 9.1 release; don't know if it's some new DRM or what but yes it appears all boxes must be on 9.1. Also, remote browsing is now ridiculously slow.

Some other notables are that TivoServer, pyTivo, etc. don't work anymore. And I have experienced that recordings that were mfs_ftp inserted before no longer play anymore either. I haven't gotten around to mfs_ftp inserting something new to see if it works. I'll let y'all know unless someone has already tried.
    Just a note, my pyTivo still works with 9.1... 649DT

Quote Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
    Be honest, I haven't tried it; I saw some reports of people getting audio only. Good to know.

drmcheck.tcl

Quote Originally Posted by ScanMan
    ...and I have experienced that recordings that were mfs_ftp inserted before no longer play anymore either.
    Here's a script analogous to ciphercheck that knows about the Drm attributes added in software versions 8.x and above. It displays the "SignatureType" (ST), "MediaEncryptionKeyType" (MEKT), and "MediaSigningKeyType" (MSKT). MEKT should normally be zero for an unencrypted recording. I've seen it blank too on recordings inserted from mfs_ftp, and those seem to play fine. If you have other values, that's probably your problem. We may need a drmscout.tcl (like csoscout.tcl) to clean up the Drm values in MFS to get those recordings to play again.

The script requires that mfs_uberexport is available on your PATH.
    Last edited by Jamie; 10-10-2007 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
    Yes because that is using the TTG protocol not MRV.

ScanMan,

Post your output from drmcheck and we can take a look at the results.

Here are some new post 9.1 superpatch recordings:
    Code:
    bash-2.02# ./drmcheck.tcl
    DRMCheck.tcl, based on CipherCheck.tcl by AlphaWolf_HK

TyStream encryption is currently disabled.

Here is the status of your current recordings:

Encrypted CSO Set ST MEKT MSKT Stream Name
    --------- ------- -- ---- ---- ------------------------------------------------
    No        No      1  0    0    Dirty Sexy Money
    No        No      1  0    0    The Real World
    No        No      1  0    0    Private Practice
    Here are some 8.3 recordings:
    Code:
    No        No      0  0    0    Flushed Away
    No        No      0  0    0    Big Shots
    No        No      0  0    0    Survivor: China
    And here are some pre-9.1 mfs_inserted recordings:
    Code:
    No        No      0  1    0    48 Hours Mystery
    No        No      0  1    0    The Wonder Pets!
    No        No      0  1    0    Little Bear
    No        No      0  1    0    HBO Storybook Musicals
    No        No      0  1    0    Rolie Polie Olie: The Great Defender of Fun
    So it looks like the MEKT is set on those mfs_ftp inserts. Looks like I'll start hacking 'csoscout' and see if I can work it out. Thanks Jamie for pointers to another great tool and the clues.
    Last edited by ScanMan; 10-10-2007 at 10:36 PM.

Here are some new post 9.1 superpatch recordings:
    Code:
    bash-2.02# ./drmcheck.tcl
    DRMCheck.tcl, based on CipherCheck.tcl by AlphaWolf_HK

TyStream encryption is currently disabled.

Here is the status of your current recordings:

Encrypted CSO Set ST MEKT MSKT Stream Name
    --------- ------- -- ---- ---- ------------------------------------------------
    No        No      1  0    0    Dirty Sexy Money
    No        No      1  0    0    The Real World
    No        No      1  0    0    Private Practice
    Here are some 8.3 recordings:
    Code:
    No        No      0  0    0    Flushed Away
    No        No      0  0    0    Big Shots
    No        No      0  0    0    Survivor: China
    And here are some pre-9.1 mfs_inserted recordings:
    Code:
    No        No      0  1    0    48 Hours Mystery
    No        No      0  1    0    The Wonder Pets!
    No        No      0  1    0    Little Bear
    No        No      0  1    0    HBO Storybook Musicals
    No        No      0  1    0    Rolie Polie Olie: The Great Defender of Fun
    So it looks like the MEKT is set on those mfs_ftp inserts. Looks like I'll start hacking 'csoscout' and see if I can work it out. Thanks Jamie for pointers to another great tool and the clues.

ScanMan,

I have the scripts already written to fix this issue. Do you want me to post them.

ScanMan,

I have the scripts already written to fix this issue. Do you want me to post them.
    Sure, I've cooked up something I think will work but I can't test it until later. But I'd like to compare with what you've written. Thanks.

Sure, I've cooked up something I think will work but I can't test it until later. But I'd like to compare with what you've written. Thanks.
    ScanMan,

I had the same issue and wrote these two scripts and both were tested and worked successfully. I was able to play all my recordings after I ran these scripts. The first script fixmektypefsid.tcl was used to test on one recording only and you run by executing fixmektypefsid.tcl fsid (where fsid is the recording you want to change the MEKT for. Once I verified it worked I wrote the second script fixmektype.tcl which will go through all recordings and modify the MEKT to 0 for any recordings that have a SignatureType of 0. This script also worked successfully. If you want to make sure you could comment out the line that actually sets the MEKT and just to a puts with the fsid number in the if statement and run. Check to make sure that only the fsid's with the MEKT of 1 are printed and then uncomment the line that changes the MEKT. Like I said it worked fine for me but of course these scripts are use at your own risk.

ScanMan,

I had the same issue and wrote these two scripts and both were tested and worked successfully. I was able to play all my recordings after I ran these scripts. The first script fixmektypefsid.tcl was used to test on one recording only and you run by executing fixmektypefsid.tcl fsid (where fsid is the recording you want to change the MEKT for. Once I verified it worked I wrote the second script fixmektype.tcl which will go through all recordings and modify the MEKT to 0 for any recordings that have a SignatureType of 0. This script also worked successfully. If you want to make sure you could comment out the line that actually sets the MEKT and just to a puts with the fsid number in the if statement and run. Check to make sure that only the fsid's with the MEKT of 1 are printed and then uncomment the line that changes the MEKT. Like I said it worked fine for me but of course these scripts are use at your own risk.
    Cool thanks; mine looks similar except most significantly I was reading "/Recording/NowShowingByClassic" like csoscout as opposed to "/Recording/Active". Wonder if mine would work that way; might have to try it to see. I was definitely thinking of doing the same thing with one fsid to test. The only other thing I was curious about was in my post-9.1 recordings the "SignatureType is 1" - wonder if that's problematic...

Cool thanks; mine looks similar except most significantly I was reading "/Recording/NowShowingByClassic" like csoscout as opposed to "/Recording/Active". Wonder if mine would work that way; might have to try it to see. I was definitely thinking of doing the same thing with one fsid to test. The only other thing I was curious about was in my post-9.1 recordings the "SignatureType is 1" - wonder if that's problematic...
    One thing csoscout.tcl does, which I would highly recommend, is that it only modifies recordings that are known to be unencrypted. It checks the "magic number" at the start of the first tystream part to verify this. The code to do this with mfs_uberexport is in the drmcheck.tcl script I posted. It's should be similar to what csoscout.tcl used, although I changed it to use mfs_uberexport and to avoid using a temporary file.

Once you start mucking with the Drm attributes on an encrypted recording, it's really easy to lose the information you need to play the recording again. It's much safer on unencrypted recordings, because you can always just reset all the Drm key types to 0, and it should play.

It might be best to just alter csoscout.tcl, since it has a lot of the extra checking already there.