Thread: missing standby menu with superpatch-67all

missing standby menu with superpatch-67all

Quote Originally Posted by dewalt
    -The standby option on the main menu is now on the messages and setup menu. I'm assuming this is because the Music & Photos took its place.
    I really miss having the standby option on the main menu. Does anyone know what part of the patch causes it to go away? I'm guessing it's the whole chunk of offsets after the 30-second skip & backdoors (for 6.2) - and those, I presume are HMO & MRV?

Do you think it's possible that there is a way to have HMO/MRV without the missing 'standby' option in the main menu?

Quote Originally Posted by billimek
    I really miss having the standby option on the main menu. Does anyone know what part of the patch causes it to go away? I'm guessing it's the whole chunk of offsets after the 30-second skip & backdoors (for 6.2) - and those, I presume are HMO & MRV?

Do you think it's possible that there is a way to have HMO/MRV without the missing 'standby' option in the main menu?
    Haven't DirecTiVos (running official software, anyway) always had the Standby option in the Messages & Setup menu?

David,
    when I loaded the 6.2 image from AW's backup, my standby menu choice was on the front page. I think it does indeed get moved when music and photos menu gets added after running Superpatch.
    No biggie for me I never use standby.

Quote Originally Posted by DPlatt
    Haven't DirecTiVos (running official software, anyway) always had the Standby option in the Messages & Setup menu?
    As far as I know, the tivo menus on every tivo with HMO capabilities has standby on the lower level menu. If you understand TuikRes/brf, it might be possible to customize the TiVo menus to move things around.

If you have a RS or OFA universal remote that accepts advanced codes (EFC's), there may be an EFC code for standby. With that you can go directly to standby with a single button press. I use EFC 152 for standby. advanced code list.
    Last edited by Jamie; 05-15-2005 at 05:37 PM.

How about the power button

I use a OFA remote, and when I have SAT selected, the power button on the remote puts my DVR-40 into standby. Unfortunately, the peanut has no power button for the TiVo.
    Slider
    -------------------
    A universal remote control, does not, in fact, allow you to control the universe.
    SD-DVR40(80) (6.4a), HR10-250 (unhacked) (6.4a), HR20-100

4.0b with Superpatch4all had standby on the main menu on my HDVR2.
    HDVR2 w/120GB
    6.2 (Hacked, smacked and cracked)

"Standby" is under an additional menu-I had to search a bit myself. You can find it under the "Messages & Setup"->"Standby".

Jeff

I loved the Standby menu option in 4.x, and after doing an InstanCake/PTVnet 6.2 (both had it in the main menu at the bottom).
    The SuperPatch changed that ...

Would love to find out how to get Standby back ... anyone?

Heh, I once had a Sony SVR-2000 (Series 1 standalone), and the Sony remote was quite different from the "peanut". I loved it, wife hated it.

Anyway, one thing of note is that it had a "Standby" button at the top next to the TV-power button.

So I guess I could say, you can try ordering a Sony Tivo remote and get real easy Standby.

There is a script here somewhere that puts it back on the main menu for 6.2. Look for it. TIVOWARE(member) wrote it!!
    here
    http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...t=44308&page=2
    Last edited by darrin75; 01-09-2006 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Narf54321
    Heh, I once had a Sony SVR-2000 (Series 1 standalone), and the Sony remote was quite different from the "peanut". I loved it, wife hated it.

Anyway, one thing of note is that it had a "Standby" button at the top next to the TV-power button.

So I guess I could say, you can try ordering a Sony Tivo remote and get real easy Standby.
    The Sony remotes and the peanut remotes are NOT interchangeable. You'll have to replace some files on the Tivo in order to get the Sony remote to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Spydertech
    The Sony remotes and the peanut remotes are NOT interchangeable. You'll have to replace some files on the Tivo in order to get the Sony remote to work.
    Can you point me to a link to which files? I have searched, and started a thread on this very topic.

Thanks.