Thread: HD won't boot...using xtreme image

35 HD won't boot...using xtreme image

Hello,

I went through the instructions for getting the 2.5 xtreme image onto a Maxtor 80 GB HD. Everything went as acording to instructions. I installed the maxtor HD into my Philips DSR-6000 unit. When I power up it states that it is warming up...goes to a flashing green screen...then returns to the warming up screen. It repeats this cycle over and over. I installed the original Tivo HD back in and it boots up normal.

What is going wrong?

I don't have the orignal HD installed in the Tivo with the Maxtor...the Maxtor is the only installed drive.

Bad drive, bad cable, jumper setting, bad image, bad power supply, bad luck are just some of the possible causes.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

Quote Originally Posted by PlainBill
    Bad drive, bad cable, jumper setting, bad image, bad power supply, bad luck are just some of the possible causes.

PlainBill
    The drive is fine. It worked fine in my PC. The cable worked with the original drive. The jumper setting is master, the power supply worked with the original HD! I don't see luck..or lack there of as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by CricketNB
    The drive is fine. It worked fine in my PC. The cable worked with the original drive. The jumper setting is master, the power supply worked with the original HD! I don't see luck..or lack there of as an option.
    Let me start by saying that I don't have and have never had any S1 DTiVo....I know that they needed to have the PROM flashed to disable the initial security checks on the system. Has your PROM been so flashed?

ew

I have a S1 DirecTiVo. The first step Xtreme does is reflash the prom (it's been a LONG time).

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.