Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mfs_ftp inserted duration change?

For the trick play bar to come out right, the Duration object should be properly initialized as well. As far as I can tell, the Duration object should equal the difference between the stoptime and starttime attributes. Left to its own devices, mfs_ftp will set Duration to 60 seconds upon insertion.
    It is not hard to calcuate the correct value for Duration, if you look at the range of tivo timestamps in a recording.

Yeah but how do you correct the duration object. Any script i try to change to that object. It always gets me object does exist.. Does this obect need to inserted in to the mfs_ftp.tcl script. IF i guess this would need to be changed every time another non-tivo file is inserted. By the way the mplex utility is working great..
    Last edited by darrin75; 05-28-2005 at 06:35 PM.

If none of the existing editing tools support it, you could write a simple TCL script to change the duration object. Or yes, you could fix mfs_ftp to set the value dynamically (if it looked at the timestamps in the master chunk records). But this may or may not be the best way to go, it depends upon what you're doing. If you want to update this object immediately after inserting something with mfs_ftp, it would probably just be easier to append some XML to your .ty file instead. Good to hear ty-mplex is working for you, the thread left me thinking most users were having platform specific issues. If ty-mplex is your only concern, it would be easy to make ty-mplex generate new XML (in the case that you didn't pass in XML to it), or update the duration object if you did pass in old XML.

is there an option in mplex to generate this xml file..I it has to built for this, i never could get it to work. Also i just let the tivo generate the xml on its on.. I just wanted my inserts to have the correct time on them.

Yes, tymplex can generate new xml from old using the '-x <xml-file>' option. That code currently doesn't update the duration, stoptime, or starttime objects, which are important for getting the trick play bar to come out right. In fact it only updates the StreamFileSize object. Tymplex could also, but doesn't currently, synthesize new XML when no old xml is provided. (I've tried this with my own code and it worked fine). If insertion of tymplex data is your major concern, adding such support to tymplex would make a lot more sense and be just as easy as fixing EditTitle4.tcl or tivoweb to fix things up after the fact. Less error prone too.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBliss
    Search for EditTitle4
    Is there a trick to 'advanced search' to make it match against attachment file names? When I do a keyword search on EditTitle4 I just get this thread. I wish keyword searches matched against attachment file names.

Yes, i have searched and used that script, but it will only update the duration on the playback bar. If you go into nowplaying and select a film press right arrow key to the title describtion etc. the duration at the bottom still says 0.01. This part is really what i am looking to correct.. BY the way most of the stuff i am using is non-tivo movies which has no xml to begin with so rebuilding from old is out..
    Last edited by darrin75; 05-29-2005 at 03:06 AM.

For pete's sake... just go into MFS & set the Duration in the Showing object to whatever you want it to be:

Code:
    #!/tvbin/tivosh

set db [dbopen]

RetryTransaction {
        set rec [db $db openid <fsid of the recording you want to modify>]
        set showing [dbobj $rec get Showing]
        dbobj $showing set Duration <duration in seconds>
    }
    <fsid of the recording you want to modify> you can get from Tivoweb by browsing the /Recording/NowShowingByBucketTitle in MFS or by using mls in tivosh.

<duration in seconds> should be the correct duration of the show in seconds. Ie. 3600 = 1 hour.

If anyone else is interested, they can write some interactive code to wrap around the transaction so one doesn't have to get the fsids/durations manually. I tend to do things manually & don't bother writing dummy-proof code for something I do once in a blue moon.

-psxboy
    TCD652160 TivoHD
    1TB
    11.0n.J1-01-2-652

Thanks I really appreciate it. Sorry about the long draw out process. I just don't know anything about tcl..Thanks alot

It seems that script will only change the title and desc..I tried modifing the Startdate StopDate, to find that my now playing list stills says the same??Any thoughts