Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How to Send .ty Files back to DVR?

Wow, he has 72 posts in 6 days.
    Should have a mandatory 7 day wait from signup to being able to post for all new members. No choice but to read rather then post gimme.
    If people would stop handing out reanswers to questions that have been asked and answered 100 times maybe they will stop posting gimme questions and read a little while waiting for handouts.
    That is the easiest fix.

Do like M$oft. Charge by the minute for online support.
    DDB be rich in no time.
    Hughes HDVR2 Sleepered 120 hrs! Not sure how it works it just does.
    RCADVR40 hacked using lightiv guide, It works, sorta.

After FTPing the file over, its file size changes. I tried in binary format definitely. Before I go any further, I want to be able to FTP mfs_ftp.tcl to and from the DVR and have the script run fine (of course minus insertion).

I have spent three days researching this problem and I have followed everything I have read Shawn. I believe, as someone posted above, that mfs_ftp.tcl is becoming corrupted somehow via FTP.

Is it possible to edit this directly in Telnet?

Orion

In simpler terms, for the impaired,
    [yelling]WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU RUN IT THROUGH DOS2UNIX FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE LINK JAMIE POSTED?[/yelling]
    Is it possible to edit this directly in Telnet?
    Yes, now investigate how. It's been answered many times.

Many

The answer is out there, find it.

I think no one wants to spend the 40 or 50 posts it would take to walk you through that when there is no need since the answer is in the DataBase already.

Some people may feel differently, but I feel the easiest way is to edit files on the pc, and ftp the file back, you just have to do it correctly.

You can not use a standard windows editor, unless you run it through dos2unix.
    Last edited by hayreass; 06-09-2005 at 01:32 AM.
    HayreAss

Quote Originally Posted by shawn
    Wow, he has 72 posts in 6 days.
    Should have a mandatory 7 day wait from signup to being able to post for all new members. No choice but to read rather then post gimme.
    If people would stop handing out reanswers to questions that have been asked and answered 100 times maybe they will stop posting gimme questions and read a little while waiting for handouts.
    That is the easiest fix.

Do like M$oft. Charge by the minute for online support.
    DDB be rich in no time.
    Christ, I think it took me almost 3 years, and a dozen TiVo's before I hit 70 something posts.

10+ per day, at this rate, you'll have one of the top 10 post counts by Xmas.
    HayreAss

Its like hareass said a few posts ago. Why bother with mfs_ftp?
    Rather then insert a recording put it on a 50 cent dvd disk and watch it on the DVD player. And at 50 cent thats the good sh_t by Taiyo Yuden. Most are like 25 cent a disk.
    DVD disks are cheaper then hard drive space.
    And you get to cut out what you dont want to keep.
    Tytools is awesome for that. You can have a recording to DVD disk faster then uploading it back to the Tivo.
    Hughes HDVR2 Sleepered 120 hrs! Not sure how it works it just does.
    RCADVR40 hacked using lightiv guide, It works, sorta.

Thanks for the advice Shawn. I know how to use TyTool. But there are times when I would like to have something on the DVR itself.

I solved the problem. The mfs_ftp.tcl WAS being corrupted. I reinstalled my FTP client and made sure that it transferred in binary format. It said it did before, but obviously it didn't. I then used TextPad to edit the file and saved in ANSI UNIX format and sent the file back over in binary format.

Is the slow insertion time normal? I'm assuming it is because I assume it's more processor intensive.

Orion

Quote Originally Posted by OrionsHunter
    I solved the problem. The mfs_ftp.tcl WAS being corrupted.
    Of course it was, that conclusion was reached over a dozen posts ago.

Congrats on getting it running, maybe now this thread can die a more dignified death than it was going to if it kept progressing at the same pace.

And yes, insertion is slower than extraction.
    HayreAss

I can't believe you guys let him get away with all that...