Thread: Can't connect with tivo

Can't connect with tivo

I am using a pioneer 810h and I am having troubles connecting to my tivo using flashfxp. I am trying to install mfs_ftp. I have opened the port 3105 on my firewall so that my tivo can connect with flashfxp. When I try to connect to my tivo, I get an error saying I can't connect. Sorry for this stupid question, but I can't seem to figure out how to connect to my tivo and use mfs_ftp. All the instructions for mfs_ftp skip the part about connecting to the tivo(I guess this is because this is supposed to be the easy part of installation.) Any advice on how to connect to my tivo would be appreciated.

DiD you run mfs_ftp on the tivo then try to connect.

Example:

bash: ./mfs_ftp.tcl

sorry for not knowing what I'm talking about, but how do I run Mfs_ftp on my tivo?

One thing that I forgot to mention, must I have Tivo Plus(I only have tivo basic)? If I have to have tivo plus to set up mfs_ftp, do I have to continue to have tivo plus to be able to access files from my tivo(I can use the free trial for 45 days, after that would I still be able to access my files)?

Have you hacked your Tivo yet? You can't load any software until it's hacked.

If not, start reading the stickies.

Edit: And I suggest you move over to the newbie section.

Thank you for that, I am now reading the stickies in the series 2 forum