Thread: TyStream encryption

TyStream encryption

I have installed all the tytools stuff on the Dtivo and pc. In the instructions it tells me to disable encryption. How to I get the shows that are already recorded on the Tivo that are encrypted. Are there tools to decrypt my files before the install that are still encrypted.?

TyStream encryption is currently disabled.

Here is the status of your current recordings:

Encrypted CSO Set Stream Name
    --------- ------- -----------------------------------------------------------
    No No Sunrise Earth
    No No The Carol Duvall Show
    No No The Carol Duvall Show
    No No Simply Quilts
    No No The Tonight Show With Jay Leno
    Yes Yes The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson
    Yes Yes Jake 2.0
    Yes Yes Without a Trace
    Yes Yes ER
    Yes Yes CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
    Yes Yes Simply Quilts

http://www.imbetterthanyou.com/hr10-250/

Yes. You're going to have to monte so you can use an unscramble kernel.

Monte.?

I can get the programs that I record now off. I want to get the ones that were on there before I hacked it. The shows that are encrypted.

Quote Originally Posted by purple6816
    Monte.?

I can get the programs that I record now off. I want to get the ones that were on there before I hacked it. The shows that are encrypted.
    Druid just told you how to get off the shows that were encrypted BEFORE you undid scrambling.

This will get you pointed in the right direction. Also, read up on monte. You will need to monte into the custom kernel that allows you to pull off encrypted shows.

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ght=unscramble

I'll make this simple. You did the NoCSO hack which disabled encryption. That does nothing for any of the shows you recorded BEFORE you did the NoCSO hack. To get those off you need to monte into a custom unscramble kernel found in the link I provided and then you can pull the shows off that are still scrambled...ie the shows you recorded before you did the NoCSO.
    SD-DVR40/160GB/4.0.1b/superpatch/usb2/tytool/ms_ftp/tivowebplus
    HR10-250 (stock) as of 12-9-05
    HR10-250/superpatch/usb2/tserver/tivoweb
    DirecTivo R10 (stock)
    "Test drive"60GB/6.2/superpatch/usb2/tytool/hmo/extracted scrambled shows with kernel & tools found here.

94Supra formerly TT now one T