Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TuikRes 6.2 Standby

TuikRes 6.2 Standby

With Nutkase's Patch Awesome Work. I just Upgraded to 6.2. Have a quick question for anyone. Is it possible to move things around in the main menu. I would really like for the music and photos to be where Stanby is now and Return Stanby to the main menu..Just A thought..Thanks Nutkase..

I guess know one knows. This is the only thing keeping me from upgrading all my tivo's to 6.2. Although I am not downgrading the superpatch67. It would take A NutKase to figure this sh!t out...
    Last edited by darrin75; 07-12-2005 at 02:28 AM.

I'm running 6.2 and I use Standby everyday so I wish it was back on the main menu also. I don't really understand why it would move with the superpatch.

I also would like to get rid of the (demo) thing also. Maybe some day Alphawolf will tell us how he did it if we promise not to blame him when we screw it up :P

Quote Originally Posted by TivoWare
    I'm running 6.2 and I use Standby everyday
    Can you explain to me why you use Standby everyday? I'd like to know.
    I don't see a good use for it.

OTOH I recently loaded the 6.2 minimal image AW provided and notice that if I do Standby that, when I resume, the backgound menu images are gone (the smoke). If I reboot they come back.

Is there a known reason why this happens?
    Livingroom S2 DTivo Hughes SD-DVR40 120GB 6.2a-01-2-351 killhdinitrd, networked, extraction, TivoWebPlus,...
    Bedroom S2 DTivo Hughes SD-DVR40 120GB 6.2a-01-2-351 killhdinitrd, networked, extraction, TivoWebPlus,...
    Basement File Server S2 DTivo Hughs SD-DVR40 160GB 6.2-01-2-351 killhdinitrd, networked, extraction, TivoWebPlus,...

Quote Originally Posted by Lowcarb
    Can you explain to me why you use Standby everyday? I'd like to know.
    I don't see a good use for it.
    I just don't see the need in buffering TV 24 hours a day. I feel anything I can do to maybe make the HD last longer is a good thing. (To anyone, please do not turn this into a Standby arguement.)

OTOH I recently loaded the 6.2 minimal image AW provided and notice that if I do Standby that, when I resume, the backgound menu images are gone (the smoke). If I reboot they come back.

I have not noticed this. I will have to try it and see.

I used the 6.2 minimal image also and just tried Standby and it seems to work fine on my box.

Why standby

The tivo is still buffering tv evven if unit is in standby. All standby does is stop the video from going to the out puts and is only nessesary if you use a antenna for locals

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper Cell
    The tivo is still buffering tv evven if unit is in standby. All standby does is stop the video from going to the out puts and is only nessesary if you use a antenna for locals
    This has been covered recently here. The behaviour on the dtivos is different than the SAs.

Well TivoCentralDocument.brf is no different from original to patched tivo.app. So modifiy the brf is out. Back to square one..

Quote Originally Posted by darrin75
    Have you tried to replace to the Main Menu on 6.2 to include standby. I have been working on this some, but with no luck?
    We need to move this to a different thread (Moved) , but I would like to look into this. The superpatch does not change any brf files so I wonder why this happens. Not sure we can change it with a brf but it might be fun to try.
    Tip: When linking to a post change showpost.php to showthread.php Before After

2 x HDVR2, 1 x SD-DVR40 (All 160 GB, superpatched, tivoweb, crond, inetd (vserver,tserver), mfs_ftp, usb2.0, endpad)

Quote Originally Posted by TivoWare
    I'm running 6.2 and I use Standby everyday so I wish it was back on the main menu also. I don't really understand why it would move with the superpatch.

I also would like to get rid of the (demo) thing also. Maybe some day Alphawolf will tell us how he did it if we promise not to blame him when we screw it up :P
    All I did was modify the pickprogramsdocument.brf to have that nulled out. It still leaves a blank menu entry in its place though. The .brf format hasn't been reverse engineered well enough to be able to remove that. You are going to find yourself in a similar boat wrt the standby option.

While on that note though, I would say its possible that there are two sets of documents for the tivo menus. One set would display the menus as if there is no HMO active. Another set would display the menus as if it is active. If that theory is correct, you could simply replace one with the other and have it work fine, but then if you made the one with the standby menu option active, you'd lose the music and photos menu option.

I suppose a method similar to this could also be used to enable the network configuration screen for the public superpatch. Again, assuming my theory is correct.
    Last edited by AlphaWolf; 08-06-2005 at 04:07 AM.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf
    While on that note though, I would say its possible that there are two sets of documents for the tivo menus. One set would display the menus as if there is no HMO active. Another set would display the menus as if it is active. If that theory is correct, you could simply replace one with the other and have it work fine, but then if you made the one with the standby menu option active, you'd lose the music and photos menu option.
    Looking at the brf files I don't really think this is the case. In my current brf files I see "Standy" in the the brf for the settings menu and the tivo central menu. I think there is a flag to turn them on and off, I just hope it's not in tivoapp.

2 x HDVR2, 1 x SD-DVR40 (All 160 GB, superpatched, tivoweb, crond, inetd (vserver,tserver), mfs_ftp, usb2.0, endpad)

This kicks ASS!
    I found a way to do it!

So far I have enabled Standby in DIRECTV Central, removed Standby from Messages and Setup, and removed the Search by Title (Demo) from Pick Programs to Record.

Let me clean up some code before I post anything. It looks like after some menu items there is a setting for when it should be shown. I was able to compare the Standby under the DIRECTV Central to the Standby from Messages and Setup and found one byte that seemed to control this.

I don't think the networking stuff will be as easy. I see ${PHONE_AND_OR_NETWORK} in many places so I assume there is something internal controlling this

Is this a pretty picture or what?
    Last edited by TivoWare; 08-07-2005 at 01:08 PM.

post please post...

awesome..

I think I have found the byte you refer to ' in the messages and setup brf. Unsure how to reload brf. attaching a sample script i found here to insert brf.. Do not use this script its just sample to make things more understandable..
    Last edited by darrin75; 08-07-2005 at 07:28 PM.