Thread: Unable to mount Tivo drives in PC

Unable to mount Tivo drives in PC

Hey guys,

I just restored a stock 3.10 DSR6000k image onto a new 120gb drive and I'm unable to mount any of the partitions. I then tried restoring an extreme 2.5 image and again I was unable to mount any of the drives (I tried mounting hda0 all the way to hda15) I've tried putting them in the tivo and them transplanting them back to the PC but no go.

I then decided to grab my original extremed 2.5 40gb drive and that one mounted perfectly.

In all instances the drives have been installed in the pc as hda (primary master) and I've used boot cds that came with mfstools 1.0 and 2.0.

The actual error is something along the lines of:
    Success!
    you must specify volume type

But the drive is inaccessible.

Any suggestions?

Try setting up the Tivo drive as anything other than primary master in your PC. I seem to recall there are issues (byteswapping?) when using this configuration.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

I think i did try that before... but I'll try again. Maybe I screwed something up

Thanks!

Oh... 2nd Stupid question!

I'm unable to find any info on how-to install the bash shell on the S1 DTivo. I tried searching, but I can't find it

Any suggestions?

2.5Xtreme does this for you.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Right.. My fault, I should have been more specific. I want it for a 3.x image.

I am I required to go from 2.5 first?

Your best bet is to install 2.5Xtreme and then upgrade to 3.1 using Superzap's xupgrade.iso with xPlusz. I put together a detailed procedure for doing this in the series 1 support forum in the How To's Only sticky.