Thread: BRF importing

BRF importing

Seen how my post was deleted in the development forum and there are no BRF support threads. I guess I will ask here. How does one insert a modified UI BRF file back inot the database. Does the object thats there need to be removed first, or does inserting these files override the file in the db. Will mfs_import do this. Has anyone tried this? Any success?

Quote Originally Posted by darrin75
    Seen how my post was deleted in the development forum and there are no BRF support threads. I guess I will ask here. How does one insert a modified UI BRF file back inot the database. Does the object thats there need to be removed first, or does inserting these files override the file in the db. Will mfs_import do this. Has anyone tried this? Any success?
    Why not try it, find out, and post the results in the development forum when you've got some information to add? I think the development forum is for posting solutions, not asking for someone to develop for you.

ew

Not asking for any development for me. I know it was my fault that i posted there. I should not have. I am just curious if anyone has had any sucess doing this, and what they used to import the brf into the db. I am I asking to much here. I sure don't think so..

You can do it one of two ways; either use tomfs or mfs allocate combined with mfs_import. The later is less likely to trigger an mfs assert.

EDIT: er, thats mfs allocate, not mfs streamcreate, using that would be bad mmkay.
    Last edited by AlphaWolf; 07-17-2005 at 04:54 PM.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Maybe a little help AlphaWolf

Here what i am starting with..
    Attached Files Attached Files

The latest bufferhack does it. Read through the code.

ok, following the clues in this thread, i've located the .brf that contains the "DIRECTV Central" title that appears at the top of the "now playing" screen in 6.2. i extracted it, changed the title, then re-inserted it. i can then extract the file and see that my changes are indeed in place, but the title doesn't change, even after a reboot.

in 3.x, we had to remove the "CompressedFile" object; is there something like this in 6.2?

btw, the path to the proper .brf is:
    Code:
    /TuikRes/SHA1/3BF30A5247CB8AB478BADFBA19E4ADAD292D1126:000294fd
    edit: by the way, i do know that i'm on the right track (and am looking at ther right .brf) because i hexedited partition 10 to change it initially, and that change *does* show up. however, i had to change it in two places, so this is what led me to believe that there may be a compressedfile thing somewhere.

ronny
    Last edited by ronnythunder; 07-28-2005 at 01:08 AM.

I have seen a compressed file in there. Just can not remember where. Searching now..