Page 50 of 91 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: tivoserver status and support

The next release of tivoserver should have some major changes in folders and overriding show info. (yes, I'm afraid it's yet another "hurry up and wait" answer )

Dawm you're good. So good.

Wow, installed tivoserver two days ago, and I just finished reading the entire thread...

Well, I can say, you have made my DTIVO the coolest thing ever!
    It is working well with my AVI's, TY's, MPG's. Very pleased.....

I think the current discussion of how to organize is a key topic...... importing my old collection of shows becomes a mess. Things that are in folders on the server side, don't stay in folders once they have imported, becuase of there names... I think it would be nice if it would create the needed xml data if it didn't exist, at least stealing the folder as the SHOWTITLE, and then the file name as the EPISODE. It might end up making the episode seem verbose, but it would keep me having to rename giant collections for my tivoserver. I realize I could create a batch file to do these things, but I would prefer not since I like the way my database is currently organized.

Also, I have been using my apple OS X TIGER w/TivoTool to download TY files. They seem to loose all the metadata. Is this TivoTool? Is it a must to use a ftp?

I would love it if the old episodes of 24 that I have in DIVX could be put in the same folder as the new currently recording episodes, just by naming the folder they are in "24".

Thanks again....
    Last edited by qwertypo; 01-17-2006 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by djl
    Am I correct in assuming that if there's xml present, tivoserver will ignore the filename? Can this be overridden for grouping? For example, if I have a bunch of Christmas specials that were pulled as .tmf files I'd like to have them show up in a 'Christmas' folder. Or would I have to convert them to .ty and manipulate the filenames?
    Yes. Not yet. No, until the new version is ready, you can edit the xml and replace it in the .tmf file. That's probably simpler than converting to .ty and messing with the filename. See here for a how-to.
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

BTUxNine,

Can you clear up my confusion as to why folders aren't being created? I have followed and tried everyone's suggestions, including renaming all my AVI's with the {TITLE}{ORIGAIRDATE}{EPTITLE}{DATETIME}{CHANNEL} format (which didn't work, it simply copied and named all my shows exactly like above). I am serving Tivoserver with windows XP, with latest Cygwin1.dll, perhaps others are serving under Linux. Exactly what does Tivoserver require from a file (ex. name structure) in order to force my Tivo 6.2 to create a folder? My .cfg is set to GROUPING_TYPE=GroupByDirectory.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by starmanj
    BTUxNine,

Can you clear up my confusion as to why folders aren't being created? I have followed and tried everyone's suggestions, including renaming all my AVI's with the {TITLE}{ORIGAIRDATE}{EPTITLE}{DATETIME}{CHANNEL} format (which didn't work, it simply copied and named all my shows exactly like above). I am serving Tivoserver with windows XP, with latest Cygwin1.dll, perhaps others are serving under Linux. Exactly what does Tivoserver require from a file (ex. name structure) in order to force my Tivo 6.2 to create a folder? My .cfg is set to GROUPING_TYPE=GroupByDirectory.

Thanks!
    IIRC, filename fields using {}'s were broken in the 0.4.3 release... the problem has been fixed in cvs, but there hasn't been a release incorporating that fix, yet.

Aha! That must be it. Wonder why some, like Pendrgn, aren't renaming their AVIs yet still get folders? Pendrgn, are you using 4.3?

Starmanj, I'm running 4.3 and folders do work if using the MFS naming convention, {TITLE}{ORIGAIRDATE}{EPTITLE}{DATETIME}{CHANNEL}. I DL from the TiVo using 'Bulletproof FTP' to maintain the name, process with Tytool 9r18, edit with VideoReDo, and encode to avi with AVI.net.

There is a quirk that Vegas has observed as well in that Tivoserver uses and displays the folder / episode names correctly when started WITHOUT the cache directory populated. If it is started WITH the cache directory in place, it thinks all the shows have the same name. For example I have some 65 episodes of Good Eats, on the initial load of Tivoserver, the individual episodes show properly under the "Good Eats" folder. If I quit then re-load, all 65 episodes are named "Good Eats".

Basically I delete the cache folder each time I start Tivoserver.

Hope this helps.
    LS
    1 x HR20, Best of the HD boxes
    1 x HR21 / AM21 Slower than Moses' grandma.
    1 x HR22, Better, but..
    1 x HDVR2, Getting old like me.
    1 x Beagle

For those who may be interested, we have an IRC channel for chatting: #tivoserver on irc.freenode.net

Hope to see you there.

35 Channel 513

Could someone steer me toward the source of the "channel number" as it appears on the info screen of a Tivoserver v0.4.3 recording? Also recently installed is Vegas' xml patch (still love that that patch Vegas). I'm not positive if the issue pre-existed the patch. All my recordings appear as being from channel 513. Shows with xml data present display as "513 HIST" for example. Shows without xml data show simply as 513.

I've looked through the patched avi2.cc file, but no joy.

Any help appreciated..........
    LS
    1 x HR20, Best of the HD boxes
    1 x HR21 / AM21 Slower than Moses' grandma.
    1 x HR22, Better, but..
    1 x HDVR2, Getting old like me.
    1 x Beagle

Hummm..did something change in the way tivoserver encodes the audio or mplexes it between versions .4 and .4.3?

I'm running the pre-compiled linux version on Suse 10.

Here is the issue. I have a slew of .mp4 files that transfer fine with the .4 version. When I run the .4.3 version, (after clearing the cache folder and settings), everyone of them dies in the middle of the transfer at random points. The only error I see from Tivoserver is "Buffer Audio Buffer timed out reading" Then it closes everything and stops the transfer.

I have gone back to the .4 version and they transfer fine..

Just wondering what changed and how to fix it..

Thanks
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by whitepelican
    The easiest way to get that to work is to use DVDDecrypter in IFO mode, enable stream processing, and demux to get separate .m2v and .ac3 files. Then just use those files with Tymplex to create a TY (.TYM for Tivoserver) file. Until Tivoserver natively supports DD5.1 and/or VOBs, then using Tymplex is the quickest way to convert your DVDs for Tivo.
    whitepelican - could you explain a little bit more about this process? I used dvddecrypter in IFO mode, enabled stream and demux and ended up with 2 files - a .m2v and a .vob - no .ac3 file. Also I downloaded TyStudio and took a look at Tymplex and found that there was no mention of a TY file output option. Any help would be appreciated.

Question

tivoserver is the best thing i've seen in a long time. thanks to all who have made this. .

Now on to the next question. I have read this thread and others also did the search thing. I see how some peaple have demuxed a DVD and then remux it to a TY file. But I have not seen what version of the tivo software this will work on.

IE: I have done the convertion form DVD to TY but when i put that file in tivoserver so i can play it on my Tivo it does not work.

So, the question i have does this proccess work with or has anyone gotting this to work with a s2 Dtivo running ver 6.2 software?
    5 Hughes Dtivo all running 6.2 and hacked

Quote Originally Posted by c_tripps_2k
    whitepelican - could you explain a little bit more about this process? I used dvddecrypter in IFO mode, enabled stream and demux and ended up with 2 files - a .m2v and a .vob - no .ac3 file. Also I downloaded TyStudio and took a look at Tymplex and found that there was no mention of a TY file output option. Any help would be appreciated.
    Sorry to butt in, but here is one of my posts about how to demux a DVD and smash it back into a working .ty file.

It works for MFS_FTP, but there is some concern that they don't always work right with tivoserver.

Quote Originally Posted by usa11usa
    IE: I have done the convertion form DVD to TY but when i put that file in tivoserver so i can play it on my Tivo it does not work.
    What do you mean by "it does not work?"
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

c_tripps_2k,
    Narf's post has all the info you need. I would just like to point out that DVDDecrypter's "Stream Processing" mode is a little clumsy to use. You just need to make sure you've got all the right checkboxes and/or radio buttons selected. Take a look at what files it is creating as soon as you start ripping the DVD, and if it isn't correct (ie, you're not getting the M2V & AC3) then just cancel and go back to look at your setup. I'm guessing you must not have selected your audio stream and then hit "demux" in the stream processing tab.

That said, I'm using some DirecTivos w/ 6.2 software, and Tivoserver 0.43 only works with approximately 25% of my Ty-mplex DVD-rip movies. MFS_FTP has no problems at all with them though. Is anyone out there having any better success using Tivoserver for Ty-mplex created TY files?

Edit: Use the TY-enabled MPLEX found here. The support thread is here.
    Last edited by whitepelican; 01-22-2006 at 12:37 AM.