Page 52 of 91 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: tivoserver status and support

ok, you need to find your cache dir and remove the test2... cache file, so we can see the messages when it's loaded there. Again, you may want to use the tool I posted earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by cheer
    Aha.

Yes, of course, mpeg1 works fine. However I stumbled across a note on a forum suggesting that you use isobuster to extract. Right-click on the dat file and select "Extract but filter only M2F2 mpeg frames." More info here. I haven't tried it myself.
    Yep that did it! Thanks for the help!

Doc

There's no place like ~

Quote Originally Posted by BTUxNine
    ok, you need to find your cache dir and remove the test2... cache file, so we can see the messages when it's loaded there. Again, you may want to use the tool I posted earlier.

ok here ya go

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    + test2.ty
    XML too big in G:\tivo\/test2.ty
    Calculating part info for G:\tivo\/test2.ty
    --> Loading Header 0 G:\tivo\/test2.ty
    end(15466060)-bgn(5)/1000=(15466) orig dur=(0)
    duration changed from 0 to 15466
    SUCCESS: ( 3171431013 ) -> test2 :
    5 Hughes Dtivo all running 6.2 and hacked

Minimal Tivoserver under WinXP

I've been happily running Tivoserver following this thread. However, I recently re-imaged my WinXP Pro operating system partition. Anyway, I remember reading a post from wsewell that all I needed was:
    1. Tivoserver.exe
    2. Cygwin1.dll
    I took this to mean that I didn't have to install the default cygwin install.

So, I made sure Cygwin1.dll was in my path and started Tivoserver.exe. The cache files were created correctly, the directories showed up on my SA Series 2 fine. However, after selecting any show to view from the Tivo, the Tivo responded with a "Tivoserver cannot be reached" message. On the PC side, the Tivoserver's DOS window disappeared. I tried this numerous times with the same result.

Then, I installed the default cygwin install and everything worked correctly.

I am installing Tivoserver on my Dad's PC next week and want to avoid the cygwin install. Is this possible? Is there another dll required to get this to work?

Thanks in advance!
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave20042004
    I've been happily running Tivoserver following this thread. However, I recently re-imaged my WinXP Pro operating system partition. Anyway, I remember reading a post from wsewell that all I needed was:
    1. Tivoserver.exe
    2. Cygwin1.dll
    I took this to mean that I didn't have to install the default cygwin install.

So, I made sure Cygwin1.dll was in my path and started Tivoserver.exe. The cache files were created correctly, the directories showed up on my SA Series 2 fine. However, after selecting any show to view from the Tivo, the Tivo responded with a "Tivoserver cannot be reached" message. On the PC side, the Tivoserver's DOS window disappeared. I tried this numerous times with the same result.

Then, I installed the default cygwin install and everything worked correctly.

I am installing Tivoserver on my Dad's PC next week and want to avoid the cygwin install. Is this possible? Is there another dll required to get this to work?

Thanks in advance!
    Dave
    the directories c:\tmp and/or c:\cygwin\tmp need to exist for transcodes to work... this is a bug that will be fixed in the next release

Quote Originally Posted by usa11usa
    ok here ya go

+ test2.ty
    couple questions:
    how, exactly, was test2.ty created?
    what size is it (in bytes)?

Quote Originally Posted by usa11usa
    ok here ya go

+ test2.ty
    I used dvd dycripter then mplex to make the ty file this is the mplex command i used.

mplex.exe -f 8 -o test.ty test.mpv test.ac3
    the file size is about 5gig

this part is from the cach file

################################################################################
    # Tivoserver 0.4.2
    # This is a cached version of the information for file:
    #
    # G:\tivo\/test2.ty
    #
    # Please edit with care, and leave the top 6 entries where they are
    ################################################################################
    FileURL=G:\tivo\/test2.ty
    LastModTime=1137942543
    FolderName=
    Program.Title=test2
    Recording.StartTime=54543
    Recording.StartDate=13170
    # Please leave entries above this comment where they are. Same for those below
    NumParts=0
    Recording.StreamFileSize=0
    Showing.Date=13170
    Showing.Duration=15466
    Showing.Time=54543
    Last edited by usa11usa; 01-22-2006 at 05:01 PM.

umm... mplex uses -f 10 for ty streams, not -f 8

i will try it one more time. and post results thanks

the directories c:\tmp and/or c:\cygwin\tmp need to exist for transcodes to work... this is a bug that will be fixed in the next release
    To test this I deleted the cygwin install directories.
    I then created the directories you mention above but I get:

Code:
     Found Magic number: '2078917053'
    Found Show By ID: 347432648
    AVI2!
    Input #0, avi, from 'D:/video/Lost season 2/Lost.208.avi':
      Duration: 00:41:35.9, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 1174 kb/s
      Stream #0.0, 23.98 fps: Video: mpeg4, yuv420p, 624x352
      Stream #0.1: Audio: mp3, 48000 Hz, stereo, 96 kb/s
    AVI2 stats: 624x352, dur=41'35", AR= 1.772727
            nchunks: 5397, nparts: 5
    Input #0, avi, from 'D:/video/Lost season 2/Lost.208.avi':
      Duration: 00:41:35.9, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 1174 kb/s
      Stream #0.0, 23.98 fps: Video: mpeg4, yuv420p, 624x352
      Stream #0.1: Audio: mp3, 48000 Hz, stereo, 96 kb/s
    Could not open '/tmp/tmp.m2v'
    I even generated a bogus file called tmp.m2v in the c:\tmp directory. I'm missing something simple I'm sure. Sorry for your trouble. Any suggestions?
    Dave

Ok i did use the -f 10 and it seems to work well let me explane. It does work but in this way I have video and it looks vry good. but i have no sound. is there something im missing ?

I downloaded:

and am trying to compile the included mjpegtools on Ubuntu 5.10 - Breezy Badger.

When compiling liblavrec.c I get:
    gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I/usr/local/include -DG_LOG_DOMAIN=\"lavtools\" -DLAVPLAY_VERSION=\"1.6.2\" -I /usr/X11R6/include -I../utils -mcpu=i586 -march=i586 -g -O2 -Wall -Wunused -MT liblavrec_la-liblavrec.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/liblavrec_la-liblavrec.Tpo -c liblavrec.c -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/liblavrec_la-liblavrec.o
    `-mcpu=' is deprecated. Use `-mtune=' or '-march=' instead.
    In file included from liblavrec.h:33,
    from liblavrec.c:76:
    frequencies.h:107: error: array type has incomplete element type
    liblavrec.c: In function 'lavrec_hardware_init':
    liblavrec.c:1234: warning: comparisons like X<=Y<=Z do not have their mathematical meaning
    make[2]: *** [liblavrec_la-liblavrec.lo] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/jason/dload/tivoserver/mjpegtools/lavtools'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jason/dload/tivoserver/mjpegtools'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    I saw a refrence that someone else had this same error, but I didn't see a solution posted.

-Jason
    2x Hughes sd-dvr80 RID DTivos running (1x 6.2, 1x 4.x), HMO, MRV.
    1x SA S1 (Retired)

Quote Originally Posted by VCD_Junky!
    I just compiled the CVS code in Windows Cygwin and the size has increased from ~6MB with 0.4.3 to ~13MB with pre-0.4.4. After moving some files around, it looks like MPLEX and FFMPEG code is now in the TivoServer executable. Is this correct?

Also, any hope on DD 5.1 anytime soon, or at least handling the stream error so that TivoServer doesn't crash?

Now praise time:

Wonderful app; I can finally get my wife to watch more movies! I hope to contribute soon with an IMDB app that can scan a specified directory (or file) and output a TivoServer compliant XML description file that corresponds to the top IMDB result…
    vcd_junky,
    Curious how you got the new CVS to compile. I think wsewell is moving to mingW, so cygwin may not compile it anymore-- is this true? I tried overwriting the overnight CVS bundle into my tivoserver source directory, but it won't configure.

I was able to get it to compile under cygwin as well and can confirm that the binary grew from ~5.63MB to ~13.0MB. Now I just have to wait until tonight to see if it works.

I did have to update my cygwin1.dll on my local box from 1005.18.0.0 to 1005.19.0.0. The local tivoserver version was 0.4.2, but I don't think I am using a different cygwin1.dll version on my 0.4.3 running at home.

[edit: looks like I have some more stuff to do/read after looking at the checkin comments though ]
    Last edited by LlamaLarry; 01-23-2006 at 01:54 PM.

umm... the make doesn't auto-strip... are you stripping the .exe after building?