Page 56 of 91 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: tivoserver status and support

Quote Originally Posted by rbreding
    Just a smal little issue that I don't know if it is me or ?

I downloaded 0.4.3 from sourceforge and moved it over to my server (cygwin installed). I executed the exe inside cygwin (tivoserver.exe --help) to get the version info to make sure I had the right one and it returned 0.4.2.

Is there a problem with the version on sourceforge ?

Thanks
    I did got the same. i even downloaded it 2 times just to make sure but it is still 0.4.2
    5 Hughes Dtivo all running 6.2 and hacked

Quote Originally Posted by BTUxNine
    Quote Originally Posted by whitepelican
    Excellent news. A couple of small issues: 1) The version # still shows 0.42 on the new version (using the new cygwin compiled binary). 2) The MFS_FTP naming convention doesn't seem to work correctly on Tymplex (.TYM) files (these are the only file types I've tried so far). I could've sworn this was working on 0.4 or 0.42.
    1) because 0.4.1 and 0.4.2 weren't official releases, the only time 0.4.2 should come up should be with the 0.4.3 release, so it won't be an issue

2) the code for .tym support was tacked onto the .ty support, so I'd be VERY surprised if naming a file .tym changed how the filename was processed. Weston has been working on slightly different naming conventions from filenames (removing extensions), so that's more likely the culprit

from a few pages back^

Yup, that seems to be it. Pretty good guess for a wild one.

I just re-mplex'ed the same files that were causing me problems up above (with the odd results in the cache), and set the mplex to only do the first 45 minutes of the movie. The resulting file was 1.8GB, and it worked perfectly with Tivoserver on the first try.
    Hmm sounds like someone is using a signed 32bit number (long) for file size.

Quote Originally Posted by drez
    from a few pages back^

Thanks....I hadn't seen that (probably read it and forgot it.....blah)

Yup, that seems to be it. Pretty good guess for a wild one.

I just re-mplex'ed the same files that were causing me problems up above (with the odd results in the cache), and set the mplex to only do the first 45 minutes of the movie. The resulting file was 1.8GB, and it worked perfectly with Tivoserver on the first try.
    I get the same result.

you guys should come to the irc channel

Sounds like the libraries and maybe tivoserver need to be built with large file support.

Quote Originally Posted by jonbig
    Sounds like the libraries and maybe tivoserver need to be built with large file support.
    They are all built with large file support... it appears that there's something buggy going on with cygwin's calls, but I found a workaround.

So, the official word is: .ty files >2GB are broken in 0.4.3, at least under cygwin

With my grouping type set to GroupByDirectory, all tym files created with ty-enabled mplex show up just fine in manual directories, but ty+ files extracted with mfs_ftp do not. Is this expected behavior? (I'm running 4.2f beta).

Well two bugs I hope get fixed?
    1. Ty files > 2gb play
    2. Video missing Audio fine. Possible Resloution problem

Darrin

Quote Originally Posted by darrin75
    1. Ty files > 2gb play
    been fixed (at least with the ones ive tried in the nonreleased versions)

ive tried three .ty multiplexed (in ty-enabled mplex) from an .ac3 and .m2v (made with DVD Decrypter)
    the dvds were full screen, widescreen, and anamorphic widescreen.

for the.ty's transferred in tivoserver, the aspect ratio was correct for all three dvds.
    for the vobs from the dvds, the aspect ratio was only correct with full screen dvds. thats one of the things being worked on before the next release.

Quote Originally Posted by darrin75
    2. Video missing Audio fine. Possible Resloution problem
    i had this problem too and btu fixed it, at least with that video file that didnt have video.

did you happen to run this video in videoredo?

(this post is just to update you guys who don't visit the irc channel & im not a dev just another tivoserver user)
    Last edited by drez; 02-05-2006 at 01:28 AM.

OK, we've decided to try an alpha-release system, to get more bugs looked into before official releases occur. The thread for it is: http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=47888

Again, this is alpha-release... it could be less stable, and if you're not interested in/willing to help out in the debugging, then stick with the main releases and this thread.

For those of you interested in helping out, see you over at the other thread.

Owner@Bobby /usr/src/tivoserver_0.4
    $ ./configure
    checking build system type... configure: error: cannot guess build type; you mus
    t specify one

tivotool-generated tmf issues

It's official... tivotool is creating tmf files without xml in them (the author says this will be fixed in the next release).

I've added code that deals with tmf's that don't have xml, it should be included in the next alpha release (they will be treated like .ty's... very little show info)

I having a really rough time with queueing up multiple transfers and having them execute completely. I always end up with a few not going through and having to go back and MfsRubbishTree to get it cleaned up so I can do transfers again from either of my other DTivos or my TivoServer. Any suggestions?

Also is there any chance anyone is making a GUI for tivoserver?
    1 - HDVR2 - 120GB, 6.2, HMO, MRV, TWP, telnet, ftp, TyTool
    1 - HDVR2 - 160GB, 6.2, HMO, MRV, TWP, telnet, ftp, TyTool
    1 - HDVR2 - 320GB, 6.2, HMO, MRV, TWP, telnet, ftp, TyTool
    1 - PC running TivoServer.
    1 - HR10-250 ready and waiting to be improved.

Thanks to everyone who contributes to this board!