Thread: dtivo requesting phone call

dtivo requesting phone call

i had to reset everything recently, i deleted everything as per the tivo reset option. i got through all the start up things but unit still wants to dial out. i don't have a phone connected and i never did. when i unplugged unit i got TV but if i hit tivo menu button it jumps back to needing to make a call. is there a way around this please. it seems to need to do this in order to compete set up. any ideas.
    Magpie

i figured out how to get to system information and i noticed that my tivo service is listed as active (which was my problem originally, the reset fixed that) but now it shows my tivo account status as 0 unknown "press tivo button". before this said lifetime.
    Magpie

You generally need to repeat the initial calls after performing a C&DE. If you've got access to a phone at a friend's or neighbor's house you can make the initial calls and the Tivo will be happy once again. I assume you have some sort of nophone/fixsub/fakecall hack installed since you said it has never been connected to a phone line. When you've completed the initial calls and the script has been executed your status should return to normal. You can always run the script manually from a bash prompt.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

i thought you never hook the phone to Dtivo, i just want to double check before i do it.
    Magpie

Quote Originally Posted by Brillo
    i thought you never hook the phone to Dtivo, i just want to double check before i do it.
    You should'nt let your hacked system call home to DTiVo with features enabled that they didn't enable. For instance: Version 4.01b was never sent down from above for a DTiVo. Version 6.2 is okay unless you have HMO enabled.

ew