Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: TivoWebPlus v1.2 Devlopment and Testing

Quote Originally Posted by PortlandPaw
    I've tried to make hackman compatible with any setup and I've had no problems running it on my S1s, which are sparser in memory than the newer units.
    And you have done a great job! I am not so worried about the actual memory on the units, more about the TCL POOLSIZE available to tivoweb. It is possible to increase this slightly, but the best way to ensure no issues when running memory intensive modules (such as those that require large temporary variable) is to limit the loaded modules to those that you require.

Finally, the config files sit in the ./modules directory, right next to all the other add-ins.
    I am more worried about it altering files in the /etc/ directory as well as the tivoapp binary (if the bufferhack module is also included) as I have no idea what the latest OzTivo image looks like... I do have an old rc.sysinit.author file that I have attached to this post.

As for support, I think I've done pretty well keeping up with new models and dealing with problems that users have found. For example, last night I uploaded an update that addresses your use of mixed case in the TWP directory.
    Yip, saw that I have also included a couple of rc.sysinit.author files from a couple of Tivo's... of interest could be the UK one whose rc.sysinit.author file never exits which could be an issue if modules adds things at the end of the file. The US one has simple watchdog support, but this is unlikely to cause issues.

If there is anything that you would like altered in TWP (such as a new library procedure) to make things easier for Hackman then let me know and I'll see if I can slip it into the codebase

I just have a few old DTivos running 2.5.2 (my SA is on vacation until its new room is ready), but I installed and ran hackman with no problem.

I notice that the old "tivoweb console" method of debugging isn't implemented in 1.2.2, so please take a look at the tivoweb.log and let me know what error (if any) shows up. And, HUGE and usa11usa, does hackman load under 1.2.1? If not, what error messages do you see?

With the change from the "tivowebplus" directory to "TivoWebPlus," I'll have to re-write the scanning section that finds the various installations of TivoWeb. I'm not a big fan of case-sensitive path and filenames.

And I would suggest a restoration of the "console" option -- makes life a lot easier!

sorry it took me so long to get back to you. yes it does load fine under 1.2.1 just cant get it to work under 1.2.2. i will look for the logs and post them soon.

here is the tivoweb log. this is even after i changed the 2nd to last line *) start $*;;

TivoWebPlus - v1.2.2
    The program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
    This program is licensed under the GPL.
    See the 'docs/copyright' and 'docs/index.html' files
    for copyright and credit information.
    Loading modules...
    ChannelMap
    backup
    channelgrid
    channelprefs
    confresManual
    extract
    favicon
    gdchecker
    hackman
    --hackman Version 4.2.4--
    -Root directory mounted read-write
    NONE bad switch "--unavailable--/bin_mips/find": must be -keepnewline or --
    while executing
    "exec $find / -path /proc -prune -o -name freepages -type f -print"
    (file "./modules/hackman.itcl" line 3056)
    invoked from within
    "source $module "
    higuide
    index
    -initializing logo index
    -initializing channel table
    --caching 782 channels for source of type=6 (DirecTV)
    -initializing genre table
    -initializing now showing cache
    -initializing season pass cache
    info
    lj_utils
    logos
    logs
    mail
    manrec
    mfsbrowser
    phone
    resources
    Loaded 0 resource definitions
    sched
    screen
    search
    sysadmin
    theme
    ui
    webremote
    whatson
    wishlists
    xPlusz
    xlist-TWP122
    {more}
    Accepting Connections
    90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:09:20] "/"
    90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:09:20] "/faiec.css"
    90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:09:20] "/pngfix_map.js"
    90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:09:20] "/adams.css"
    90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:09:20] "/blackbook.css"
    90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:09:20] "/blue.css"
    90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:09:20] "/daynight.css"
    90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:09:21] "/halloween.css"
    90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:09:21] "/sortof.css"
    90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:09:21] "/technophobe.css"
    90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:09:21] "/technophobe2.css"
    90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:09:21] "/tivocomm.css"
    90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:09:26] "/more/"
    90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:09:32] "/"
    90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:09:38] "/ui/"
    90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:09:41] "/"
    90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:14:27] "/logs/"
    90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:14:31] "/logs/tivoweb.log/"
    Last edited by usa11usa; 06-24-2006 at 07:18 PM.
    5 Hughes Dtivo all running 6.2 and hacked

Thank you, John1980, your points are well taken. Bufferhack isn't mine (I just provide a TWP frontend for it), but I think it does checks on tivoapp before altering them. As for memory, that was one of the reasons to create hackman in the first place -- to be able to easily turn hacks on and off when needed so as to not keep everything running at once. Things like mfs_ftp and vserver, etc. It just grew from there. I know what you mean about the fragility of the startup sequence -- but over the years I've learned that people will always find a way to mess it up, no matter what.

So thank you for the fine enhancement work on TWP and I'll let you know if I think of any other cool things to do with it.
    David R. Hill............... TivoWeb Hack Manager
    Chebeague Island........From the land of champions:
    Casco Bay..................The Boston Red Sox
    Maine........................The New England Patriots
    58.5 gig HDR-112 since October, 2000
    240 gig, 306 hours since January, 2004 (same machine)
    120 gig DSR6000 DirecTiVo

"There are 10 kinds of people -- those who count in binary and those who don't."

Quote Originally Posted by usa11usa
    --hackman Version 4.2.4--
    -Root directory mounted read-write
    NONE bad switch "--unavailable--/bin_mips/find": must be -keepnewline or --
    while executing
    "exec $find / -path /proc -prune -o -name freepages -type f -print"
    (file "./modules/hackman.itcl" line 3056)
    The binaries included in the hackman distribution (such as /bin_mips/find) are not included in TWP v1.2.2, you will need to extract the complete distribution to get all the binaries and images that are required by Hackman.

Quote Originally Posted by John1980
    The binaries included in the hackman distribution (such as /bin_mips/find) are not included in TWP v1.2.2, you will need to extract the complete distribution to get all the binaries and images that are required by Hackman.

Bingo - insert the binaries and all is well. I had assumed they were already in there, but we all know what happens when you assume....

HUGE

I did have all the files in pace were they should be. i just had to chmod +x them and everything worked. stupid me.
    5 Hughes Dtivo all running 6.2 and hacked

The following is a distribution that I bundled for the OzTivo crowd. I had trouble finding a "clean" release of TWP that was bug free so ended up taking the pre-release v1.2.2 and adding various fixes and a few tidyup changes (images, etc)......
    I really like your changes, especially the "more..." feature, and including the block list. Thanks!

The only problem I've encountered is that you included an older (1.02) version of ChannelPrefs. I had to make a couple of changes to support 6.2, and I reduced the memory usage a bit. The current version (1.04) is here. I'd appreciate it if you would update your archive to include the 1.04 version.

Quote Originally Posted by HUGE
    Will we be able to sort the Now Playing list in 6.2?
    I only have access to a v2.5.5 and v3.0 system, but looking at the code this functionality is only enabled for v3 users. The code relies on the following listings being available in the MFS:
    /Recording/NowShowingByTitle
    /Recording/NowShowingByExpiration
    /Recording/NowShowingByClassic
    If these are available under 6.2 then I can definitely alter the code to support it....
    There are similar MFS entries in 6.2, but the names were changed to:
    /Recording/NowShowingByBucketTitle
    /Recording/NowShowingByFlatTitle

I updated ui.itcl to handle this for 6.2 here, but never got it into the 1.2.2 distro.

BTW, I think you should call your release 1.2.3 (or maybe 1.3.0!)
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT
    I really like your changes, especially the "more..." feature, and including the block list.
    I really wanted to clean up the menu to include the commonly used items. The problem was that there are a number of very handy modules that are only required occasionally (such as the ChannelPrefs one) and those should still be available for people to use if needed. The "more..." feature can also be customised so that people can choose what to have in there, and what should remain at the top level. As far as the block list goes... I tend to use Wishlists rather than Season Passes (due to the dodgy guide data sources) and hence block lists are a great way of managing recordings (particularly when you want to record show such as 'House', but are not interested in any other shows with 'House' in the title!).

The only problem I've encountered is that you included an older (1.02) version of ChannelPrefs. I had to make a couple of changes to support 6.2, and I reduced the memory usage a bit. The current version (1.04) is here. I'd appreciate it if you would update your archive to include the 1.04 version.
    Done. I did make a minor change to the code so that a channel could not be selected as a favourite without also being set as a received channel. This is how the tivoapp binary works. You may also be interested in knowing that a small change is required to the index module that you include in your bundle to support the new DTivo software (v3.5). You can either compare/diff the source or PM me for the changes I made.

There are similar MFS entries in 6.2, but the names were changed to:
    /Recording/NowShowingByBucketTitle
    /Recording/NowShowingByFlatTitle
    Thanks, I was PM'd a while back with that info and also made the necessary changes to the ui module (should have searched first ).

BTW, I think you should call your release 1.2.3 (or maybe 1.3.0!)
    Yeah, but you have to look pretty hard to find the v1.2.2 pre-release code, so there should not be too much confusion. I have added the TWP version information in the Info module which does include the distribution date (in YYMMDD format) to avoid confusion. The latest version also gives you the ability to check the existing installation against what was distributed - so that you can see what modules you have added/removed/changed.

Update: v1.2.3 released (see the signature for download)
    Last edited by John1980; 07-04-2006 at 03:53 AM.

Just added an Image Gallery module (with upload support). Also added a submenu to the {more...} module - I'm not sure if I like it... but it might grow on me.

Currently looking into a best way to allow the user to update the software from the web interface. Current thinking is to have two options, if the Tivo has a wget binary with DNS support then handle it via the server, otherwise the user will need to download an update onto their PC and then "upload" it via a TWP module.

I've implemented a simple update facility. The user will need to download the latest update onto their PC and then "upload" it via the Update module (found under the "more..." menu).

I have attached the latest version which includes this facility. The most up-to-date package can be found by following the link in the signature, but I will occasionally post packages on this thread just in case I disappear. Eventually I am hoping to get "contributor" access to the sourceforge site so that packages can be held there.... in the meantime enjoy and please remember to provide feedback (particularly if you encounter any errors).
    Last edited by John1980; 08-15-2006 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Updated attached bundle

John1980

Anyone have an idea what happened to John1980's excellent tivo dist. at his homepage?

http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/tivowebplus

its showing a 404 error today, but was there yesterday...

:-(

Quote Originally Posted by dave7101
    Anyone have an idea what happened to John1980's excellent tivo dist. at his homepage?
    http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/tivowebplus
    its showing a 404 error today, but was there yesterday...
    :-(
    It's working for me right now. Must have been a temporary outage.
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

Whew... glad your back...working for me again now as well.

and thanks for the continued great work!

Cannot use Web Browser to access TWP

I am unable to access TWP with IE. It says accepting connections when I check the log, but have no clue why I can't use the GUI. The IP is set to 192.168.1.100 and the port to 8080. Any and all help appreciated. Thanks.

G.W.

does the url your using look like this:

http://192.168.1.100:8080

?