Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TivoWebPlus v1.2 Devlopment and Testing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

TivoWebPlus v1.2 Devlopment and Testing

TivoWebPlus * TiVoWeb with a kick!
    =======================================

Welcome to the TivoWebPlus v1.2 Development and Testing thread. If you are interested in helping with development or wish to test the latest version of TWP and provide detailed information regarding any bugs you may find, then you're in the right place. If you just need help with something, please visit the Official TWP web site and read the FAQ. If you still have a problem, please post in the TWP Support thread instead of this one.

The official TivoWebPlus website has moved to Sourceforge to allow others involved with the project to make updates and insure the latest version is available. Please visit the official site for the latest release!

Thanks to davidallen for coordinating the move and making the initial updates for this new release!

=======================================

Official website: http://tivowebplus.sourceforge.net/

FAQ: http://tivowebplus.sourceforge.net/faq.html

TWP Support thread: http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=38725

TWP 1.2 "event send" on 6.2

Looks like at least one place in the 1.2 code still has a call to "event send" unprotected by a version check for 6.2 or later. I got this when I tried to change the thumbs setting on a show:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_thumbs '' 'set "newthmb" "1";set "fsid" "270533";set "orgthmb" "-1";set "title" "The Stepford Wives";set "thumbtype" "Predicted";set "submit" "Set";'
    can't read "TmkEvent::EVT_DATA_CHANGED": no such variable
    while executing
    "event send $TmkEvent::EVT_DATA_CHANGED $TmkDataChanged::VIEWER_PREFERENCES $serverid"
    (procedure "::action_thumbs" line 162)
    invoked from within
    "::action_$action $chan $part $env"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
    "eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
    --cut here--

Quote Originally Posted by jonbig
    Looks like at least one place in the 1.2 code still has a call to "event send" unprotected by a version check for 6.2 or later. [...]
    can't read "TmkEvent::EVT_DATA_CHANGED": no such variable
    (procedure "::action_thumbs" line 162)
    Already fixed in version 1.2.1 (not released yet). Until it is released please change file tivowebplus/modules/lj_utils.itcl around line 284:

event send $TmkEvent::EVT_DATA_CHANGED ...

You can just comment out the line; the real fix surrounds it with "if $::version < 6". This fix was made by rbautch.
    1. Homegrown SFF home theater PC
    2. TCD 540 7.1b, prom mod, tivowebplus 1.2 coordinator, tyshow

Running 1.2. In Season Pass, and clicking on one of the shows..

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_series '/1870522' ''
    Error couldn't find starting offset in program key
    while executing
    "error "Error couldn't find starting offset in program key""
    (procedure "get_programshowings" line 57)
    invoked from within
    "get_programshowings $objectid $watch"
    (procedure "::action_series" line 61)
    invoked from within
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
    --cut here--

This is a 2 day old hacked unit - Dtivo s2. Hope you can help.

Kind regards,
    Ryan

Running TWP 1.2 on - Series 1 | Phillips | SW 3.0-01-1-000

When I click Screen link ( http://tivo/screen/ ) I get:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_screen '/' ''
    invalid command name "SendKeyAndWait"
    while executing
    "SendKeyAndWait dumpState"
    (procedure "::action_screen" line 14)
    invoked from within
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
    --cut here--

Other than that, everything else seems to be just fine!

Thanks,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by jjk999

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_screen '/' ''
    while executing
    I'm not going to be able to help on this one; screen is only enabled for software version 3.x and my only unit is a 7.x. Did it work OK on a previous version of TWP? You can pick up the older "1.1pre2" version on the sourceforge web site.
    1. Homegrown SFF home theater PC
    2. TCD 540 7.1b, prom mod, tivowebplus 1.2 coordinator, tyshow

For what it is worth I tried to diagnose this...

The include of sendkey.itcl in httpd-tt.tcl is commented out which is why SendKeyAndWait is not defined.

I tried uncommenting the include, but sendkey.itcl uses ::version which hasn't been set yet.

I then tried moving the sendkey.itcl include down below where ::version was set and while everything loaded OK, clicking on "Screen" produced this in the Tivo log...

Code:
    bgerror failed to handle background error.
        Original error: extra switch pattern with no body
        Error in bgerror: invalid command name "bgerror"
    This did used to work on 3.1.5 with 1.1pre2.

I imagine the breakage has something to do with version checking and picking what sendkey to use, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jjk999

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_screen '/' ''
    while executing
    invoked from within
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
    --cut here--

Other than that, everything else seems to be just fine!

Thanks,
    John

29 New Feature for TivoWeb

How hard could it be to list the live-tv recording(s) appended to the now showing list ... and then also be able to stream them?

Or better yet, how about a Live TV menu that allows you to change channels, and view live tv stream?

Just an idea. If I've posted this in the wrong thread, my apologies.

Here are some very small patches in case anyone else finds them useful. They are based on the 1.2.2 test version dated 8/24/05, but I don't think that will matter.

httpd-tt.tcl.txt
    This prevents items containing a space from being broken onto two lines in the menu bar.

ui.itcl.txt
    This italicizes the episode description and puts an extra (regular) space between the episode title and the description. This helps offset the description from the title and also provides an opportunity for the browser to break the line at the natural boundary between the two if needed.

info.itcl.txt
    I put these catch statements in a while back (on TWP-1.0) to solve exactly the same type of reboots as are being described in http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=256793
    Credit is due to someone else for this... I think it's David Hill as I seem to have a copy of the TWP-1.1 version of this file with the catch statements, and his name, in it. If you know otherwise, please forgive the misattribution.

I believe I may have had some sort of data corruption when this was going on; for a while there were episodes of a particular series on a particular channel that had the wrong episode name and description. Editing the text caused other episodes (recorded from another channel) with the same (but correct) name to also have their name changed. Even so, with the catch statements present, the reboots stopped and the Tivo ran for 7 months straight (until the UPS battery went bad).

Since I've deleted most if not all of the affected shows, I'm not sure if I would still have a reboot problem without the catch statements, or whether the problem would still exist using TWP 1.2.2. Since I don't really want to find out the hard way months from now when I've forgotten all of this, I've put the catches back in after upgrading.

I have attached two patchfiles. One increases the memory allocation in tivoweb to prevent reboots when doing memory intensive tasks like restoring season pass backups or channelprefs. The second incorporates SteveT's changes to netconfig.itcl to create a network subobject if none exists.

I have 1.2.1 on 3 machines. On one of my machines I can sort the "Now Showing" by classic expiry title. I can't seem to remember where I got that feature. Can someone help me out?

HUGE

Quote Originally Posted by HUGE
    I have 1.2.1 on 3 machines. On one of my machines I can sort the "Now Showing" by classic expiry title. I can't seem to remember where I got that feature. Can someone help me out?
    HUGE
    1.2.1 shows those links only for version 3.x. See here for an upcoming change to support it for 6.x.
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

Feature add: better images

Here's a set of images for tivoweb that have a bit more of a polished look to them, over the existing tivo images.

Daily Call Lockup

I tried to force a daily call from TWP 1.2.1 yesterday but the screen hung for ages at the initial "SettingUp" message. I eventually checked TiVo itself and it was still showing "Succeeded" from the last overnight call. Initiating daily call using the TiVo remote worked without any problem, though TWP was still stuck with the old dates this morning. Stopping & restarting TWP would not update the screen - it thought there was a call in progress - only a full reboot cleared it to the correct time & date.

It's the first time for a while that I've used Tivoweb or TWP to force a daily call, but from memory it's been ok in the past. Thoughts, anyone?

Finally upgraded from pre2. Some edits I have:

I like to have the current tivo time to top of info page.
    Add bolded code below after unbolded lines, around line number 16 of info.itcl

Code:
      puts $chan [html_start "Info Page"]
      puts $chan [html_table_start "width=1%" "" "colspan=5"]

set secs [clock seconds]
      set tzoffset [get_tzoffset $secs]
      set timestr [clock format [expr $secs + $tzoffset] -format "%m/%d/%Y  %I:%M %p"]

puts $chan [tr "" [td "align=\"center\" colspan=5" "Current Tivo time is $timestr"]]
    ui.itcl - (from here) If you set up season passes via tivo.com, they are $type == 11, and the season pass page messes up. so, do a quick search and replace for "$type == 1 " and replace with "$type == 1 || $type == 11 " - without quotes and remember the trailing space.

Nowshowing - add program duration column. not sure if I did this or found it. searched & could not find it, but I really don't remember doing it. So not taking credit for this one. Attached is the diff of the ui, not many edits to do it. just add the header column in the action_nowshowing proc and calculations/output for the print_nowshowingrow proc

Searching forums for anything else I may have commented on before, found this thread, noticed the new code sets durationsecs within the if, then resets it to zero no matter what. is this desired? if so, why have the if there to begin with? not trying to be rude at all.
    Last edited by mrpenguin; 11-01-2005 at 01:47 AM.