Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: TivoWebPlus v1.2 Devlopment and Testing

Problem with phone module in TWP 1.3.0

I just installed this TWP update today on my Series 2 SA TiVO. Everything starts up fine see log:
    TivoWebPlus - v1.3.0 (1.3.0 (oztivo-060815))
    The program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
    This program is licensed under the GPL.
    See the 'docs/copyright' and 'docs/index.html' files
    for copyright and credit information.
    PoolSize=2916352
    Loading modules...
    ChannelMap
    backup
    channelgrid
    channelprefs
    confresManual
    debug
    extract
    favicon
    gallery
    gdchecker
    higuide
    index
    -initializing logo index
    -initializing channel table
    --caching 1 channels for source of type=7 (LineInput)
    --caching 372 channels for source of type=5 (CableBox)
    -initializing genre table
    -initializing now showing cache
    -initializing season pass cache
    info
    lj_utils
    logos
    logs
    mail
    manrec
    merge
    mfsbrowser
    phone
    resources
    Loaded 0 resource definitions
    rss
    sched
    screen
    search
    sysadmin
    theme
    ui
    update
    webremote
    whatson
    wishlists
    xlist
    {more}
    Accepting Connections

Does the phone module work on Series 2 as I do not see this module in the Main Menu screen of TWP 1.3.0?

The version of TiVO software I am running is 7.3.1-oth-01-2-140. I am also getting the following error when opening the Info option:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_info '/' ''
    divide by zero
    while executing
    "expr ($space($type)+$rspace($type))/(($time($type)+$rtime($type))*1.0)"
    (procedure "::action_info" line 404)
    invoked from within
    "::action_$action $chan $part $env"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
    "eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
    --cut here--

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by acdc_rulz View Post
    Does the phone module work on Series 2 as I do not see this module in the Main Menu screen of TWP 1.3.0? The version of TiVO software I am running is 7.3.1-oth-01-2-140.
    The phone module will only be seen on Series 1 units. Just like the screen module is only active on units running software version 3.0.

I am also getting the following error when opening the Info option...
    It looks like they may occur if there are no recordings of a particular type when the module is used... in any case it has now been fixed in the latest dist (060817).

I've got tivowebplus installed, and the output of the version information is as follows:

Version 1.3.0 (oztivo-060817)

NOTE: 'cut' not found, reverting to 'du' comparison
    NOTE: The find binary is required to check the distribution

The second part is of course the output of check_dist. It is odd because I do have cut and find available as busybox commands. However, it seems that their output is different than what the check_dist script expects. cut --version and find --version return a value of 1. It seems the busybox implementations don't support the --version options. If the command isn't there at all, I get a return value of 127, so perhaps that could be used to tell the difference. I'll think on it some more tomorrow perhaps, but I just wanted to let you know about this bug. I don't even know if the busybox versions of these commands do everything necessary, as commenting out the lines that test for their presence resulted in no output. I'll have to look at the rest of the script to understand.

Joel

Ok...got it working now

Well the Info module is coming up now without error - 0 recordings = Divide by Zero error. Now I have some recordings so no more error message.

I have also been trying to get the WebRemote to come up - it comes up with some basic changes to the .itcl file but does not work. Has anyone gotten past the "sendkey" problem with this module on TiVO newer than 4.x? From the threads I have read, the event system has changed completely from 4.x to 6,7.x.

Great update (TWP 1.3.0) though to an already good app. for TiVOs!

Thanks.

I just installed this TWP update today on my Series 2 SA TiVO. Everything starts up fine see log:
    TivoWebPlus - v1.3.0 (1.3.0 (oztivo-060815))
    The program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
    This program is licensed under the GPL.
    See the 'docs/copyright' and 'docs/index.html' files
    for copyright and credit information.
    PoolSize=2916352
    Loading modules...
    ChannelMap
    backup
    channelgrid
    channelprefs
    confresManual
    debug
    extract
    favicon
    gallery
    gdchecker
    higuide
    index
    -initializing logo index
    -initializing channel table
    --caching 372 channels for source of type=5 (CableBox)
    -initializing genre table
    -initializing now showing cache
    -initializing season pass cache
    info
    lj_utils
    logos
    logs
    mail
    manrec
    merge
    mfsbrowser
    phone
    resources
    Loaded 0 resource definitions
    rss
    sched
    screen
    search
    sysadmin
    theme
    ui
    update
    webremote
    whatson
    wishlists
    xlist
    {more}
    Accepting Connections

Does the phone module work on Series 2 as I do not see this module in the Main Menu screen of TWP 1.3.0?

The version of TiVO software I am running is 7.3.1-oth-01-2-140. I am also getting the following error when opening the Info option:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_info '/' ''
    divide by zero
    while executing
    "expr ($space($type)+$rspace($type))/(($time($type)+$rtime($type))*1.0)"
    (procedure "::action_info" line 404)
    invoked from within
    "::action_$action $chan $part $env"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
    "eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
    --cut here--

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jbebel View Post
    NOTE: 'cut' not found, reverting to 'du' comparison
    NOTE: The find binary is required to check the distribution

The second part is of course the output of check_dist. It is odd because I do have cut and find available as busybox commands.
    I will update the script to check for the 127 error code (fixed in dist 060818) rather that the current method which will only work with GNU binaries. The script should work fine with the busybox commands and there should not be any output if you have just done a fresh install without modifying any modules. If you do wish to test it you could create a blank file (touch bob) and run the command.

Essentially the command just checks the distribution against that which was bundled and reports on any modules/libraries that have been modified, added or removed.
    Last edited by John1980; 08-18-2006 at 06:06 AM.

get_tzoffset failure

When I display the Season Pass information from my HR10-250 I get a failure in get_tzoffset when it tries to increment an empty string. (tivowebplus-oztivo-060818.tgz)

The empty string comes from the following lines of code in ui.itcl at line 3837:
    set starttimelocal [dbobj $sp get StartTimeLocal]
    set starttime [expr $starttimelocal - [get_tzoffset $starttimelocal]]

This seems to occur when a manual entry for 12 Midnight is processed. Inserting the following between the two lines seems to fix the problem.

if { $starttimelocal == ""} {
    set starttimelocal 0
    }

I considered fixing this in the get_tzoffset function, but the same ostensibly numeric values are used elsewhere. In the end, I added similar error handlers at each place the StartTimeLocal was retrieved from the db.

I found two instances in ui.itcl and one in gdchecker.itcl.

Thanks for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by MelvinPurvis View Post
    When I display the Season Pass information from my HR10-250 I get a failure in get_tzoffset when it tries to increment an empty string. (tivowebplus-oztivo-060818.tgz)

The empty string comes from the following lines of code in ui.itcl at line 3837:

This seems to occur when a manual entry for 12 Midnight is processed.
    Great find! I will have a play and include the fixes in the next distribution. I just need to check that StartTimeLocal is only missing for the "Midnight" shows, and that manual recordings set for 00:30 are not also missing it (otherwise I'll have to get a little smarter about what to set it to). I have checked the ManualRecording TWP module and it does set StartTimeLocal so I am guessing that the manual recording was created from the TiVo GUI?

Update: I was able to replicate this by setting a manual recording starting at midnight from the TiVo's GUI. The distribution (060821) is now fixed so that this value defaults to 0 if not found.
    Last edited by John1980; 08-21-2006 at 03:45 AM.

Throg Guest

Enlarged .png files

I've seen this problem since TWP 1.2.2 but hesitated to bring it up for fear of appearing foolish. When I open any page containing graphics (e.g. Season passes, hackman) for the first time the .png file are stretched out very large. A simple page refresh will clear the issue and all pages containing graphics appear okay after that. But only until I shutdown the browser and reopen it. This occurs in both IE and firefox.
    Why am I bringing it up now? Apparently I'm not the only one seeing this.
    http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...&postcount=706
    He only mentions the Hackman Start and Stop buttons, but I've witnessed it anywhere that graphics appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Throg View Post
    I've seen this problem since TWP 1.2.2 but hesitated to bring it up for fear of appearing foolish. When I open any page containing graphics (e.g. Season passes, hackman) for the first time the .png file are stretched out very large. A simple page refresh will clear the issue and all pages containing graphics appear okay after that.
    This is most likely due to the horrible method that must be used to support alpha-transparent PNG files under IE. I will have another play to see if I can get IE to render the images properly, and possibly give an option to turn off the feature and use the older images.

This occurs in both IE and firefox.
    Hmm... it should not be happening under FireFox... I would be very interested if you could test this again... and possibly get back with your version of FireFox.

Throg Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by John1980 View Post
    Hmm... it should not be happening under FireFox... I would be very interested if you could test this again... and possibly get back with your version of FireFox.
    Maybe I meant to test it and never did. I remember starting it up and my iport was in the history. Firefox appears to display them fine. Sorry about that.

Maybe I meant to test it and never did. I remember starting it up and my iport was in the history. Firefox appears to display them fine. Sorry about that.
    Ok, I finally wound up in the correct thread...lol.
    First off, much thanks to John1980 for updating TWP and making it better than ever.
    This problem does not occur in FireFox (atleast for me).
    But, happens continually in IE, as already discussed.
    One thing I noticed is that the page never loads completely in IE ( I guess thats the old .png problem at work).
    Here's a quick pic of what my screen looks like when opening Hackman.
    Thanks again John...
    Last edited by jbstix; 08-20-2006 at 09:22 PM.
    I will not sell tivos with "hacks" installed. I will not sell tivos with "hacks" installed. I will not sell tivos with "hacks" installed. I will not sell tivos with "hacks" installed. I will not sell tivos with "hacks" installed.

I've seen this problem since TWP 1.2.2 but hesitated to bring it up for fear of appearing foolish.
    If you don't mention it then it's unlikely to get fixed (and I might dissapear!).

Anyway, you might wish to try the latest dist (060821) as it is likely to behave a little better in this respect. Let me know if it does not and I will try a different sizing method.

Quote Originally Posted by jbstix View Post
    One thing I noticed is that the page never loads completely in IE.
    Yes this is a quirk introduced by the hack to get alpha-trans PNG's working under IE. The page has actually finished loading but IE is a little confused... not sure if there is a simple way around this, so if it's a problem then I we will probably have to remove the alpha-trans support and go back to the old crappy images.

I just want to say the new version of TWP is great. Thank you for all your efforts! Since you have asked for input regarding the TWP, I thought I would mention one item I have noticed. When I use the channel grid and select a channel to get a program listing, sometimes it works and other times it resets my tivo. I originally used PTVupgrade to upgrade my tivo and have just replaced the files in the TWP directory. This my be the cause of my issue but just in case it is not, I thought I would provide this post. Thanks once again for all your great work!

Quote Originally Posted by gjetson View Post
    When I use the channel grid and select a channel to get a program listing, sometimes it works and other times it resets my tivo. I originally used PTVupgrade to upgrade my tivo and have just replaced the files in the TWP directory. This may be the cause of my issue but just in case it is not, I thought I would provide this post.
    This is an indication that it is running out of memory while building the grid (if the particular channel has many small programmes then this could be the case). After the first reboot TWP would have automatically set a flag so that it will allocate more memory from this point onwards. If you are still getting reboots then it you may wish to change some configuration options (such as increasing the GRID setting to 1800, this can be done by creating a channelgrid.cfg file in your modules directory containing "set GRID 1800").

You can check your distribution/installation using a link within the "info" module or from the command line using: "cd /var/hack/TivoWebPlus; ./check_dist.sh". The output of this check command could help.