Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: TivoWebPlus v1.2 Devlopment and Testing

Quote Originally Posted by jbebel
    On my SAS2 running 7.1, the main info page gives me this:
    can't read "durationsecs": no such variable [...] (procedure "rec_get_dur" line 21)
    This "may" be fixed in twp 1.2.1. Please give it a try and let us know the result.
    1. Homegrown SFF home theater PC
    2. TCD 540 7.1b, prom mod, tivowebplus 1.2 coordinator, tyshow

Quote Originally Posted by Rich04
    when you look at the program info and click on the description that links to tvtome as a search function, it leaves you at the new tv.com homepage. Can someone fix this search query???
    This might be an easy fix. Please try the following. In your text editor on the tivo machine, edit file tivowebplus/ui.itcl. Search for all instances of "tvtome" and change to "tv". Save, exit, stop twp, restart twp. Do the links work now?

Please let us know your result. If it works I will incorporate the change into the next release.

Cheezmo,

Quote Originally Posted by jjk999
    Running TWP 1.2 on - Series 1 | Phillips | SW 3.0-01-1-000
    When I click Screen link ( http://tivo/screen/ ) I get: [...]
    invalid command name "SendKeyAndWait"
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlallen
    Original error: extra switch pattern with no body
    We need to track down where this comes from.
    The tcl linter did highlight a problem. The following old code in sendkey.itcl is obscure, and appears to be completely bogus. One cannot put comments into switch statements.

Code:
        switch $EventType \
          # $TmkEventMwStatus::CONTEXT_PING_ACK {
                    binary scan $EventData II iContext serialNumber
                    if { $serialNumber == $id } {
                            set id ""
                    }
            } \
            default {
            }
    If I understand the intent correctly, the following code should work instead:
    Code:
       if {$EventType == $TmkEventMwStatus::CONTEXT_PING_ACK} {
          if { $serialNumber == $id } { set id "" }
       }
    Please try that replacement. If it works, great. You have already made a couple of changes to fix this; please try making a patch and sending it to me so I can apply it to the code easily.

This might be an easy fix. Please try the following. In your text editor on the tivo machine, edit file tivowebplus/ui.itcl. Search for all instances of "tvtome" and change to "tv". Save, exit, stop twp, restart twp. Do the links work now?
    That wouldn't work (simply changing tvtome to tv), but all I needed to do was find out where it was located, and I fixed it. The link should be changed to:

http://www.tv.com/search.php?type=11&stype=all&qs=$titlestrg&x=0&y=0

I tested it, and it works great. Try it out and let me know if I missed something. You should probably also change credit to TV.com instead of tvtome as well as the link to the correct homepage. I included my ui.itcl file with all of these fixes for reference.
    Last edited by Rich04; 08-11-2005 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich04
    I included my ui.itcl file with all of these fixes for reference.
    Checked in the fix. It will be in the next release.

I'm not sure how to make a patch, and I'm sure the changes would break TWP for other versions...

But, if you have 3.X (I've only test 3.1.5f) you can get the screen method back by doing the following.

1) Uncomment the include of sendkey.itcl
    2) edit sendkey.itcl, by removing the check for version 6 or less and just leaving
    Code:
    event register $TmkEvent::EVT_MW_STATUS EventMwStatus
    3) uncomment the line in the switch statement with the TmkEvent earlier in sendkey.itcl leaving...

Code:
        switch $EventType \
            $TmkEventMwStatus::CONTEXT_PING_ACK {

My guess is that someone made these changes for 6.x compatibility. Perhaps CONTEXT_PING_ACK is not defined so they commented that out. Someone with a bit more knowledge could probably fix it in a compatible way, perhaps by defining CONTEXT_PING_ACK if the version requires it, etc.

Anyway, with my changes, the Screen command now works with 3.1.5f, but it would probably break TWP loading for later versions.

Cheezmo,

The tcl linter did highlight a problem. The following old code in sendkey.itcl is obscure, and appears to be completely bogus. One cannot put comments into switch statements.

Code:
        switch $EventType \
          # $TmkEventMwStatus::CONTEXT_PING_ACK {
                    if { $serialNumber == $id } {
                            set id ""
                    }
            } \
            default {
            }
    If I understand the intent correctly, the following code should work instead:
    Code:
       if {$EventType == $TmkEventMwStatus::CONTEXT_PING_ACK} {
          if { $serialNumber == $id } { set id "" }
       }
    Please try that replacement. If it works, great. You have already made a couple of changes to fix this; please try making a patch and sending it to me so I can apply it to the code easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezmo
    But, if you have 3.X (I've only test 3.1.5f) you can get the screen method back by doing the following.
    Great work! Thanks for following through.

I have incorporated your changes in a way that should work for all versions. It works on my 7.x machine. I have put a test tarball here. Please let me know whether it works for you. If it does, then I will put the changes into cvs for the next release.

So are the "TmkEvent" calls not needed anymore for pre 6.2 as well? I noticed they are just commented out instead of checking a version number... I was surprised at that....

Quote Originally Posted by hoopsbwc34
    So are the "TmkEvent" calls not needed anymore for pre 6.2 as well? I noticed they are just commented out instead of checking a version number... I was surprised at that....
    The change in twp 1.2 was probably not quite right. In 1.2.1 the TmkEvent calls are protected by a test of "version < 6". If you have software version less than 6 and twp 1.2, please upgrade to twp 1.2.1.

I have put a test tarball here.
    I was having the same issue with the sendkey error so I tried your test tarball. I've been getting all sorts of wierd responses from my tivo ever since. Yesterday after installing I got a message about error #51 that my tivo could not record. Then today while using the screen function to start playing an old recording, the tivo rebooted.

That error has nothing to do with TWP. Try running 51killer.tcl. if it's not in /busybox, search for it here.

Wishlist/SeasonPass and Startup correction

I notice that the wishlist correction posted here and the SeasonPass ordering posted here has not made it's way into the 1.2.1 release. I have been running this patch for a while now and it has resolved the issue with the ordering of SeasonPasses (corrects the issues that result in the "Error: your season pass priority list is corrupted, reorganizing them may help" error message).

Would it also be possible to include this startup correction for stand-alone systems?
    Last edited by John1980; 08-15-2005 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Added startup correction

Quote Originally Posted by John1980
    I notice that the wishlist correction posted here and the SeasonPass ordering posted here has not made it's way into the 1.2.1 release.
    Thanks for pointing those out. Checked into cvs. Will appear in 1.2.2 release (not scheduled yet).

Would it also be possible to include this startup correction for stand-alone systems?
    Not sure how to apply this correction; the underlying code you refer to is now commented out. Can you take a quick look at the 1.2.1 code and tell me what you think I should do?

ToDo list enhancements...

This ui.itcl mod adds the following features, and is based on tivowebplus 1.2 final:
    -It enhances the "ToDo" list to show you which recordings are New, as opposed to repeats.
    -It enhances the "ToDo" list to pre-check non-new shows for deletion.

If you micro-manage your tivo like I do, this saves a lot of time when pruning down the ToDo list.

I've included the full ui.itcl as well as the diff from the original.

Have fun!
    BoB

Quote Originally Posted by John1980
    I notice that the... the SeasonPass ordering posted here has not made it's way into the 1.2.1 release.

Even better (and still working after all this time) is sanderton's Reorder Season Pass module... much easier to just move SP's up and down then having to juggle all those pull-downs of the "standard" mechanism.

Might this be incorporated into a future release, ideally working from the actual "Reprioritize" link (as opposed to just being YA top menu item?)