Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: TivoWebPlus v1.2 Devlopment and Testing

Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    Even better (and still working after all this time) is sanderton's Reorder Season Pass module... much easier to just move SP's up and down then having to juggle all those pull-downs of the "standard" mechanism.

Might this be incorporated into a future release, ideally working from the actual "Reprioritize" link (as opposed to just being YA top menu item?)
    I have added "incorporate this module" to my to-do list for the next release. Launching it from the "reprioritize" link isn't easy from the programming standpoint. Not rocket science, but not "easy".
    1. Homegrown SFF home theater PC
    2. TCD 540 7.1b, prom mod, tivowebplus 1.2 coordinator, tyshow

Quote Originally Posted by davidlallen
    I have added "incorporate this module" to my to-do list for the next release. Launching it from the "reprioritize" link isn't easy from the programming standpoint. Not rocket science, but not "easy".
    Gotcha.

How about linking "Channel Prefs 1.04 " to User Interface -> Channel Guide.

I'd also love to see the standard "Now Showing" replaced with "Now Showing with Sort and Folders" (assuming the show descriptions and tyshow links are added.)

In any event, thanks for the consideration and all the great work you've put into this... I really appreciate it!

Also, on the new version, restarting TiVoWeb from the "Quick" or "Full" Reload results in the whole TiVo rebooting about 90% of the time.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=256793

Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    How about linking "Channel Prefs 1.04 " to User Interface -> Channel Guide.
    Channelprefs is a top level menu choice in the 1.2.1 release. Launching it from an internal link isn't easy from the programming standpoint. Not rocket science, but not "easy".

Problems with Channel Guide

I'm using a DSR-704, version 6.2 and TivoWeb 1.2.1

I get quite a few Tcl crashes when using the Channel Guide. For example if I select User Interface, Channel Guide, Watched channels, select channel NY2 then select view upcoming listings for Sun 9/4 I get the following exception:

Code:
    INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_listings '/3757/1125446400/1' ''
    no such object: {CONFLICT err=0x30019}
        while executing
    "dbobj $station get CallSign"
        (procedure "slotfree" line 75)
        invoked from within
    "slotfree $secs $duration $chan"
        ("foreach" body line 122)
        invoked from within
    "foreach showingfsid [lrange $showings $x [expr $x+19]] {
            regexp {([0-9]*)/(.*)} $showingfsid junk showingobjid subobjid
            set showing [d..."
        ("uplevel" body line 2)
        invoked from within
    "uplevel $body"
        invoked from within
    "transaction {uplevel $body}"
        (procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
        invoked from within
    "RetryTransaction {
          foreach showingfsid [lrange $showings $x [expr $x+19]] {
            regexp {([0-9]*)/(.*)} $showingfsid junk showingobjid subobj..."
        (procedure "do_listingsrow" line 11)
        invoked from within
    "do_listingsrow $chan $fsid $startsecs $endsecs $stationid"
        ("uplevel" body line 2)
        invoked from within
    "uplevel $body"
        invoked from within
    "ForeachMfsFile fsid name type "/Schedule" "$stationid:$day:" {
            if {[catch [do_listingsrow $chan $fsid $startsecs $endsecs $stationid] error]} ..."
        (procedure "::action_listings" line 89)
        invoked from within
    "::action_$action $chan $part $env"
        ("eval" body line 1)
        invoked from within
    "eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
    --cut here--
    This happens extremely frequently. If there's anything I can do to help diagnose this let me know. I'm a bit fluent in Tcl.

BTW, I just put a return at the beginning of the slotfree procedure and the crash goes away at the expense of losing the slot info displayed in the first column.
    Last edited by w2kr; 09-04-2005 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by w2kr
    {CONFLICT err=0x30019}
    Please see this FAQ.

Please see this FAQ.
    I tried everything the FAQ suggests including doing the mfsassert -please twice. The console output appears to indicate the the MFS is fine after this procedure.

I'd like to pursue this further. For one thing, I'll put the call to dbobj that causes the problem in a "catch" to see if that helps.

I'm having trouble finding documentation on the dbobj tivosh command itself. I see it's not listed as one of the internal tivosh commands that I get when typing "?" after starting tivosh. Where is dbobj defined and what's the proper way of using it?

Where is dbobj defined and what's the proper way of using it?
    I do not know for certain, but I doubt there is any formal documentation on dbobj -- at least outside of TiVo Headquarters. You will have to look at how it is used in TWP and also in the TiVo tcl files in /tvlib. I can't find any other explanation of the CONFLICT error anywhere, so I can't offer any specific help.

I do not know for certain, but I doubt there is any formal documentation on dbobj -- at least outside of TiVo Headquarters. You will have to look at how it is used in TWP and also in the TiVo tcl files in /tvlib. I can't find any other explanation of the CONFLICT error anywhere, so I can't offer any specific help.
    It still seems as if there is something not quite right with the slotfree code. I've just hacked another 6.2, Series 2 (DVR40) and started having similar problems. I then went and cancelled every recording, cleared every season pass, and turned off suggestions. The ToDo list is now empty. Now when I use the channel guide, I'm still showing shows being recorded during a particular show that are definitely not being recorded by my TiVo. I'm basing this on the icon with one or two red quarters being set, and hovering the mouse over it lists shows that aren't being recorded.

Is anyone else with 6.2 having success with the channel guide?

It seems things still don't work quite right with older versions. I'm trying out 1.2.1 on a 3.1.1c DirecTV Series 2 Tivo. The "screen" module still doesn't work, is sendkey disabled accross the board or only if you are running 6.2?

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_screen '/' ''
    invalid command name "SendKeyAndWait"
    while executing
    "SendKeyAndWait dumpState"
    (procedure "::action_screen" line 14)
    invoked from within
    "::action_$action $chan $part $env"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
    "eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
    --cut here--

BTW, I did try to comment back in the "source sendkey" portion of httpd-tt.itcl, and did a full restart, but still get same errors.

And executing sendkey from the webremote reboots the tivo everytime.
    Last edited by hoopsbwc34; 09-05-2005 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hoopsbwc34
    I'm trying out 1.2.1 on a 3.1.1c DirecTV Series 2 Tivo. The "screen" module still doesn't work
    This support question has been asked a few times in the support thread; please find the answer here.

This support question has been asked a few times in the support thread; please find the answer here.
    My apologies... Thanks.

An update on my channel guide bug described in http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showpo...9&postcount=35

To be certain I wasn't dealing with a corrupted MFS I did the following in an attempt to clear the problem:

Restored a copy of 3.1.1e on my hard drive.
    Booted and did a clear and delete everything.
    Made a daily call and updated to 6.2. (still no recordings have been scheduled)
    Hacked the 6.2 and installed TiVoWeb. At this point there are no problems.
    Manually entered all my 30+ season passes.
    Now the problem is back.

What I didn't do:
    Run mfsassert -please (Is this really necessary considering the clean state of the system)

So the question remains, is this a problem unique to me or is there potentially still bugs lurking in slotfree. I'll be glad to dig in and debug this myself if others feel it actually could be a bug.

Is anyone out there familiar with the slotfree proc?
    Last edited by w2kr; 09-07-2005 at 01:15 AM.

Manually entered all my 30+ season passes.
    Are you familiar with the "backup" module? It should prevent you from having to re-enter season passes. It is included in TWP 1.2.1 and up.

So the question remains, is this a problem unique to me or is there potentially still bugs lurking in slotfree. I'll be glad to dig in and debug this myself if others feel it actually could be a bug.
    It certainly seems like a bug. I'm not too familiar with that part of the code; if you can find some other solution, it would be helpful. Send a patchfile ("diff -c original_file modified_file") and I will incorporate the fix into the release.