Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Sony T60 Fails on Dialing

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    42

    Question Sony T60 Fails on Dialing

    I have read the threads. I know I must be missing something.
    I am a newbie. When it tries to dial out I get a failed msg . I followed the DirectTivo V2.1 Lifetime Hacks. Off the top of my head the only issue I had when doing it was this. I was editing the TClient-lib.itcl with joe on line 1223. It was supossed to look like this, except mine did not have the return 1

    if [file exists /var/tmp/pppaddr] {
    if {[connectPPP $phone $pppUser $pppPass] != 0} {
    delete object $idb
    delete object $tcd411
    putlog "PPP has failed, we've warned the user, set status to Failed"
    toggleLed 0
    after 5000
    #set subtype 8
    #SendDialupEvent $subtype "Failed"
    #updateStatus "NH|Failed"
    updateStatus $StatusStrings::Failed
    return 1
    }
    } else {

    This is what the mods were I added:


    updateStatus $StatusStrings::Succeeded
    exec /var/temp/fixup02c.tcl
    return 0
    }
    } else {

    Since the return 1 was not there I went ahead and added return 0 Also I did this slaved on a PC. From what I have read, the fixup02c file is on the correct spot.


    cp fixup02c.tcl /temp/tmp
    cd
    cd /temp/tmp
    Executed
    chmod +x fixup02.tcl

    And I locked it.

    I am new with linux. I hope you can point me in the right direction.
    I will be up late workin on it so feel free to e-mail me.
    Thanks for your help


    Mishap64
    mishap64@swapquest.com

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    457
    So it looks like you mounted hdb9 onto /temp before you did the copy stuff, correct?

    looks like your mod to TClient-lib.itcl is fine. The only thing I had to do extra was to touch a file:

    (With the A drive mounted in as the slave on the main IDE):

    mkdir /temp
    mount /dev/hdb9 /tmp
    cd /temp/tmp
    touch pppaddr
    chattr +i pppaddr

    This creates the file that the main IF statement checks for.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    42

    Question

    I ended up going back and deleting TClient-lib.itcl and then reinstalling the backup I made to TClient-lib.itcl. Then I used joe and went in and there was remote. Then I made the changes and this is what it looked like:

    if [file exists /var/tmp/pppaddr] {
    if {[connectPPP $phone $pppUser $pppPass] != 0} {
    delete object $idb
    delete object $tcd411
    putlog "PPP has failed, we've warned the user, set status to Failed"
    toggleLed 0
    after 5000
    #set subtype 8
    #SendDialupEvent $subtype "Failed"
    updateStatus $StatusStrings::Succeeded
    exec /var/temp/fixup02c.tcl
    return 0
    }
    } else {


    Now the error I get when it tries to call is Succeeded then it fails

    Thanks
    Last edited by Mishap64; 10-28-2001 at 09:22 PM.
    Mishap64
    mishap64@uicn.net

    T60 / TiVoNET /added 100 gig
    Pioneer 104

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    42

    Question

    I was doing the MOD that you talked about above. I got this error when I tried to run this:

    touch pppaddr

    touch: not found

    Any Ideals

    Thanks
    Mishap64
    mishap64@uicn.net

    T60 / TiVoNET /added 100 gig
    Pioneer 104

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    457
    You can get a set of executables from abs.net that you can put into the /devbin area. Perhaps that is where I got the touch command from.

    You can do the same thing by simply cding into /var/temp and the joeing a file called pppaddr. Put a single character into it, save the file and then chattr +i it. That is pretty much what touch does for you.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    42

    Working

    I ended up not doing the touch commands.

    I went thru mine again and see nothing wrong. I ran fixup from the bash prompt and started using the unit. I then went into setup and tried to force a call. It got succeeded then failed. I went ahead and used the unit cause I knew it would be ok for 30 days. I went back in and checked the last phone call. Wierd. It was making dailey calls and got Suceeded. Its working great on its own, but not when you force a call. Which is fine with me.
    Mishap64
    mishap64@uicn.net

    T60 / TiVoNET /added 100 gig
    Pioneer 104

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •